Re: PVE Gamma Islands the Good, Bad and the Ugly.

Ville wrote:

Thats all you ever do, is cry on the forums.. and QQ about how lifes not fair and people should be nice to me!

I think you guys started the last three campaigns based on hurt feelings. You also whine about changes thinking every suggestion is directly done to hurt you. I make suggestions I think might make the game I play more successful or fun. Let's not even go to the amount of meta gaming and butt hurt shown when people started giving you a taste of your own medicine at trolls.

Let it go already, how long are you going to keep this mad up?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Thats all you ever do, is cry on the forums.. and QQ about how lifes not fair and people should be nice to me!

I think you guys started the last three campaigns based on hurt feelings. You also whine about changes thinking every suggestion is directly done to hurt you. I make suggestions I think might make the game I play more successful or fun. Let's not even go to the amount of meta gaming and butt hurt shown when people started giving you a taste of your own medicine at trolls.

Let it go already, how long are you going to keep this mad up?

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

You don't understand what I'm saying Cassius.

There's nothing wrong with PVE players enjoying PVE. We've all raided, incursioned, FW'd the buttons, blahblah.

There's everything wrong with the same 5 unwashed hobos that don't want to risk anything in PVP, crying on the forum for game-changes that change the PVP side of the game - which is the ONLY remotely fun feature in this amateur student-hobby game.

'What this game is about' has led to its state today.

Given that your definition of 'crying on the forum for changes' includes preventing intentional mission and beacon abuse who cares about your opinion. You have consistently only supported changes that benefit you.

I ask you the same thing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Our collective poor opinion of you defines your reality and fuels your excuses to fold.

Gotcha.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

What if we had Police towers on PVE gamma, that changes everything.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

Our collective poor opinion of you defines your reality and fuels your excuses to fold.

Gotcha.

What are you 8 or something?

RIP PERPETUUM

56 (edited by Burial 2014-10-29 20:15:29)

Cassius wrote:

Eve has enough PVE content to keep an 80-85% Risk-Adverse player base, that pays the bills. So PvPers have a game. And more targets.

I did not say Risk-free. you correctly pointed out Highsec is not risk free, but its risk free enough for a player to develop and play the game.

Agreed.

Above all, the game needs PVE content with balanced risk vs reward. New PVE content on any of the PVP islands isn't a problem as long as the risk is worth the reward.

57 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-01 00:47:16)

Burial wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Eve has enough PVE content to keep an 80-85% Risk-Adverse player base, that pays the bills. So PvPers have a game. And more targets.

I did not say Risk-free. you correctly pointed out Highsec is not risk free, but its risk free enough for a player to develop and play the game.

Agreed.

Above all, the game needs PVE content with balanced risk vs reward. New PVE content on any of the PVP islands isn't a problem as long as the risk is worth the reward.

Agreeing on two STC posts in a row, await the portals of hell to open.

Most of the vets who hide on the forums, and almost all the new players, want only pve. 

Sure we can do our best to force some pvp, play elaborate political games, ect...but in the end, only a small group of vets want to pvp, aside from a few deranged noobs who quickly get bored of there being no one else to pvp with (all noob corps just ally up anyway)

Oh and adding a few more kill/fetch/collect quests isn't going to cut it.  Need some rather elaborate sandbox style pve content that adds no risk competition (other than pve death) and even then people will complain about it taking X amount of months time to get to that content if it is hard so maybe 100% risk free on all parts.

Everything we want is only a year or two away granted the game gets enough money in to hire the contract work needed to get it in game...might want to get on steam forums and tell the world what about the game kept you in for all these years...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

How hard is the tax system to implement?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

59 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-03 23:38:16)

*** it.

add gambling

slot machines or some sht.

there nic sink.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

60 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-04 17:50:46)

This would be next down my list after assignment update.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Let me start with we would love to have something like this at some point.

The glaring problems I see with your suggestion:

1. Gammas must retain their incentives to go there. I know currently there are not many but still, simply not having colixum on these PvE islands is not enough. Personally I would only allow T1 buildings to maintain the industrial superiority of gammas.

2. Free building anywhere will go terribly wrong, the same thing will happen like now with gammas. Everyone who can quickly build a colony will occupy all the available space on day one, and the whole feature will be a toy of a handful of players, till the end of days. You surely know that a weekly tax of 1 million NIC is laughable for the veteran corps.

In order to let everyone participate in a totally free system, we would need to have infinite island space to make it future-proof, so this is a no go.

Islands divided into fixed land slots where a corporation can only own one would help, but then alt corps happen.

We could also have an auction system where corps are bidding blindly for two weeks of land ownership. The blind part is important because it leaves a lot of chance for those who don't have much NIC to burn on this. Unless of course big corps throw a LOT of money into it to bruteforce ownership, but in this case it's a very good NIC sink, and it probably can't be sustained for too long.

Auctions then happen in regular intervals and if the current owner can't pay the actual highest bid, they will lose the land slot, and the highest bidder can move in. (With a few days of grace period to deconstruct their buildings.)

This would basically create a market for land, where prices fluctuate based on demand and location. For example locations close to teleports would probably be more sought after, which would drive its price up.

Glad to see it's on your radar. There are some great ideas here to balance PVE vs PVP Gamma. To me the idea makes sense simply to expand the users of what must be a lot of coding. It feels like a lot of work went into Gamma and it's a shame more people can't/won't make use of it.

Interesting ideas.

I like when it's comes to any PvE improvements, and something for casual gameplay.

Because many players want a casual gameplay. Where they can rest a bit.

When i've played EVE, i was not carebearing all the time. I've lived with my corp in "dangerous" space, spending nights there. In the first half we've been doing PvE, and making A LOT of money, and after that we were searching for any PvP. It's was very cool, but there was one problem... TIME. And for some of us who has life it can be a significant sacrifice.

So my last 2 years were casual. In Highsec. In PvE and mining. A few hours on weekends.
And i remembered this as more pleasing way to play. Even though the profit was a joke compared to billions a day back then. It was not for money - i could buy anything i need for real money anyway

It's not always about risk vs reward. Gosh, it's not an investments >_<.
Sometimes it's just about how you spend your time.
Sure, everything in PvP gammas shoud be more profitable, but make better PvE content accessable for all players. Like better missions and rats. And just tweak the rewards(NIC) for it.
For the casual PvE gameplay to be more interesting. Not for the billions of NIC.

The casual player actually can be more interesting in PvP, because these people prefers their way of playing because they don't want to put too much time and effort in the games. So they won't be spending too much time doing "not so fair PvP" or using trash fittings. Although most of the time it's casual PvE from time to time.
Well, of course, this will work when PvE part will be more interesting somehow smile