Topic: Is this a PVP game?

If so, can you give us a reason to fight like:

Make racial ores beta/gamma only

Remove Hi tech kernals from alpha

I don't know something so this game is worth fighting for, some small tweak in minutes can make a big difference. hmm

Or do we need to wait another 6 months?

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Is this a PVP game?

your question is wrong.
this is not a "single game"

there is a PvP "sandbox" game, and a PvE "Themepark".
Those two are only connected by the need to do the PvE grind to be able to do the PvP part. Its no coherent experience.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-03 20:01:09)

Annihilator wrote:

your question is wrong.
this is not a "single game"

there is a PvP "sandbox" game, and a PvE "Themepark".
Those two are only connected by the need to do the PvE grind to be able to do the PvP part. Its no coherent experience.

Anni you are making assumptions on my question. This is apart from other gameplay elements, is a pvp game. This does not take out from PVE or it's importance, but there must be a reason to fight other than for the 'sake' of it.

Just as an example market just does not work without PVP, but that is not really the whole point.

Edit: You are wrong it is a coherent experience, I just want to know what the Devs think so we can be on the same page once and for all. Devs is this a PVP game?

RIP PERPETUUM

Well, is it? Few changes: takes half hour or so, can completely change things around. Team A thinks it's the SAPs but there is a more concerning underlying problem behind this.

RIP PERPETUUM

It's called organization, determination and teamwork!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

6 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-04 15:54:49)

Ville wrote:

It's called organization, determination and teamwork!

Firstly you need to be motivated, and surely you guys are, but for different reasons. Rest assured you don't need anything from beta or gamma.

RIP PERPETUUM

We are motivated, we are motivated to kill things.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-04 16:41:32)

Doesn't a change in balance for risk vs reward benefit you guys the most anyways?

OP, I was just giving extreme examples, but with such a small player base, what are they really risking? What have the Devs got to lose when most of the players from Steam has been lost.

RIP PERPETUUM

9 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-04 16:57:41)

nvm

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

reason to fight

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Progenator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

reason to fight

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Too bad those are just delusions.

This isn't a PVP game, this is a PVE game. There just happens that some teleports that lead you to a void where your robot explodes. That's the reality of things as far as I'm concerned.

Obvious spy is obvious

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Remove Alpha from Alpha...why not? lol