Topic: Mail with attached items including COD

Currently there is mail. Currently there is direct-trade.

If a mail message had an attached direct-trade offer (a button at the bottom that when the receiver clicks it opens a direct-trade window with the sender, exactly as if the sender were online and sending a direct-trade offer), then two people could conduct a direct-trade transaction without simultaneously being online.

Note that I'm not suggesting mail that freights items from one terminal to another; obviously that would destroy the locality of markets.

Possibly this change needs a fee associated with it (same as if the transaction were conducted on the market? 1000 nic, same as a private assignment? 5000 nic?) - in order to provide a tuning knobto control how much this additional trading opportunity changes the economy; but perhaps not.

Re: Mail with attached items including COD

its called contracts AFAIK.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I agree that this matches some of the use cases of contracts - but I was trying to pick out these particular features as potentially easier to implement than the general case.

Maybe it's exactly equivalent effort.

Did contacts get implemented? Or are they on the RADAR?