Re: Lets talk: the next major player influx

If there had been a wipe at steam ea and the whole map was having fights in t1 assaults and it was an arms race for mechs and heavy mechs similar to how the New Hope fighting on norhoop happened then it would have been awesome. The vets would still have their superior gaming experience in perp that would likely carry them in most fights but it would have been far more interesting in my opinion.

Gwyndor wrote:

If there had been a wipe at steam ea and the whole map was having fights in t1 assaults and it was an arms race for mechs and heavy mechs similar to how the New Hope fighting on norhoop happened then it would have been awesome. The vets would still have their superior gaming experience in perp that would likely carry them in most fights but it would have been far more interesting in my opinion.

it would have lasted exactly 6 weeks. after that, the noob corps would still run around in low-tech assaults while certain vets would already be running their T4 production, after camping every effective kernel grindspot on alpha.

T4 gear on market would not exist for at least 6 month or even longer, because no corp would sell advanced gear to their competition, even less then now.

and then, 6-12 month after the wipe, same thing next wipe?
The impact on the player population wouldn't have been different to now.

Wiping solves nothing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yep, wiping solves nothing. Knowledge is more powerful than EP or NIC. It's not hard to get up to the same level as now if you know what you are doing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Then rad should be on par and taking beta terminals ?

No.  Because Rads leadership is focused on capitalist gains versus territorial gains.  Its 100% in leadership and determination.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

New hope only worked because it was dumb vs dumber. If the steam wipe would have happened it would have took Joke and maybe five other corporations another six weeks at most to have exactly the same stuff.

The only reason new corps can't do that is they are capitalist pigdogs and lack the cohesion.

In four or five weeks joke corp research went from zero to 80%. If you factor in that corp research is ten times an individual we could have finished an individual in a month.

The hardest part is waiting for the proto timers. I remember argano hauling and having such a surpless of minerals we not only prototyped the first termis in the game but did four at once.

I think the true early access people that play are probably less than ten. Your all filthy casuals :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

WIPE ONLY
when that is the only chance to make Perpetuum alive !

That would help for SOME time, but only jhust some. The main problem is would still exist.

I just expereinced 2 wipe, and I can say that was awesome times, truly Pepretuum experience.
We can earn that with, another things also, NEW TECH's, NEW MODULE's, NEW THING's!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Wipe would be as it is now.  Less new players as im sure most would bail having their progress reset, more vets, same power block, same upset vets on the forums rattling their change cup at the devs begging for dev intervention since they couldn't hack it on their own.

Oh and inda, when will you and everyone else realize that if they could put all the fun stuff in game, it would be in game already.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Hmm emailing everybody every time we get a Dev blog sounds like a good idea.  Old players will see progress and might come back.  How much mass email could cost

Jasmoba wrote:

Hmm emailing everybody every time we get a Dev blog sounds like a good idea.  Old players will see progress and might come back.  How much mass email could cost

Very little actually and you don't need to mail the entire blog, all it needs is a link in the mail for the website and a brief summary in text.

....Don't forget....

I foretold this.....

I am Perpetuum.