1 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-14 08:05:14)

Topic: SAP 3.0 thoughts

Keep the current 3 SAP locations.  Change them from being the actual SAP's to loot package drop points.  Same function with time only their sole purpose is to drop a can using the same timer mechanics.  The point of these locations is for small skirmish and loot ninja fun.  The timer goes live and they drop a loot can.  That's it.

Taking a station now involves producing a deployable station hacking device. 

1. You place the hack module within a radius of the station.  The hack module has a shield protecting it for 48 hours.  Hack module will, once the timer runs out, make the stations vulnerable for someone with an active hack module to flip the station.

2. Defenders can put down Encryption Modules which will extend the time the attacking hack module takes, one can be used, 3,6,8,12 hour versions.  This ensures the defenders can manipulate the time they need to defend somewhat.

3.  The hack module the attackers placed will run low on energy hacking the station, the shield drops with 1 hour to go, if destroyed the process must be restarted (defenders win)

4. if the hack module lives, and the station becomes vulnerable, anyone within the corp who dropped the hack module can use an active hack on the station and claim it.

5. Once claimed the station will have 72 hours to charge up its stability meaning people could potentially evacuate the station.

6 After 1 week hours the station is owned and can be hacked by others.

*Hack modules become public knowledge when dropped with a time being displayed on the map and intrusion events

The point of this system will be to make it public when someone can hit a station, which hopefully will give players enough time to get friends, family, allies, ect to come defend or attack. 

You want a station?  Drop a station hack, get your friends, bring an army, fight for it!  Cant defend your station?  pull out your wallet buy friends, mercenaries (yes mercenary corps will be a thing now!) hire enemies whatever...

Perhaps this will see station SAPS as being the entire server involved in a fight rather than a ninja&run event or a baby sitting event.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Re: SAP 3.0 thoughts

How convenient for the blob. Be present to defend your stations and they won't be ninja'ed.

RIP PERPETUUM

Better change the game so unwashed peasants can avoid fights and talk big words in chats and forums. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

4 (edited by Burial 2014-10-28 18:38:46)

SAPs are fine now. Betas themselves need some work. Try actively playing the game to fix your issues.

5 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-28 18:48:16)

Hilarious.  Guy whos part of the largest new player and vet corp and alliance hates the idea (it promotes pvp).  Celebro...your alliance has more players than us.  Don't blame us for the fact you avoid pvp yet want to reap the benefits of being on pvp islands. 

The guy who openly dislikes the game and only posts on the forum also hates it. 

Can we start making this games development focus on people who do play and do enjoy pvp?

This is the issue with saps...they cater to celebro and burial type players.  people who want to avoid pvp at all costs while reaping the benefits of pvp territory.

Keep complaining about the 20 man blob....heaven forbid your alliance with the entire server can muster up a fraction of their members for pvp to defend a station you took without resistance.

Lets start development towards a game with active pvp despite the fact that 20 players want to pvp and are good at it.  Lets stop catering beta to players who hold pvpers hostage with inactivity and avoidance of pvp. 

Perhaps with more pvp your beloved markets would be a bit more active...no point to active trading when everyone in game just hordes, hordes, hordes while ignoring the loss mechanics.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Burial wrote:

SAPs are fine now. Betas themselves need some work. Try actively playing the game to fix your issues.

^

burial perhaps you should log in and check the intrusion news before repeating yourself with that hilarious comment.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

8 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-28 18:59:04)

Stranger Danger wrote:

burial perhaps you should log in and check the intrusion news before repeating yourself with that hilarious comment.

Working as intended, not to your liking I guess.

Fair enough if you don't want to break up with -77-, but don't tell us how to play the game or how this game should be played. Not everyone is a psychopathic gamer.

RIP PERPETUUM

9 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-28 19:17:09)

really? what does it matter to you if its under the current system that promotes no fights, or it moves to a system that promotes fights....as it stands now in a few days we will be the only beta AND gamma participants.

You realize under the old system we were able to take the entire map right?  Perhaps a new system that encourages fighting might see different results since we are (despite blob claims) a small alliance  http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj/

Odd how you would suggest we are the problem then have the nerve to say "don't tell us how to play the game"

we wont tell you how to play the game, but under the current situation youll be playing from alpha.  enjoy working as intended.  we can lock down the map with only a few players under the current system.

Admit it, the only reason you like this system is you think you can bore us out with it, then reclaim stations to ally up everyone and make the game full on pve.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Big emotions don't come from small man's words. Never forget.

Burial wrote:

Big emotions don't come from small man's words. Never forget.

yes Mr big man whos too afraid to lose bots and doesn't play, yet clings to the forums.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

we can lock down the map with only a few players under the current system.

Perhaps its time to change the system?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Did'nt read.

Did'nt care to read.

Another useless thing that a very small percent of the population will use. 

How about use that time to make something that more then 80% would use.  Like Missions?  Or a Balance Patch?

I am Perpetuum.

celebro doesnt participate

I think a combo would be cool. Saps still have the effect they have now but attackers can deploy a module to force ONE fight and the defender can produce a module to push the terminal back to 100 when dropped below 50 that only happens for the next sap (time cannot be dictated). If the defender deploys the hack module and are unsuccessful it flips the terminal to the sap winner at the inverse level it was deployed.

Ex. Terminal at 45 owned by corp A. Corp A deploys a defensive hack module. Next SAP is a passive and Corp B shows up to it and wins. Corp B is now at 5 stability. If corp A is successful terminal goes to 100.

Corp A deploys hack module at 5. Corp B show up and win the sap, they gain control at 45. If A were successful then terminal goes to 100.

Current sap mechanics still work for ninjas but can be countered by large engagements that are somewhat planned by the defenders.

Defending should be hard but not completely tedious.

16 (edited by Gwyndor 2014-10-29 03:30:53)

If this mechanic was introduced it would mean at least 2 engagements to take the terminal and secure it to 100.

Ex. Terminal is owned by corp A at 100. Corp B places hack module. Corp B is successful and takes terminal at 5. Corp B then deploys a defensive hack module at 5 and is successful in defending. Now they are at 100.

Ex. Terminal is owned by corp A at 100. Corp B places hack module. Corp B is successful and takes terminal at 5. Corp B then deploys a defensive hack module at 5 and is unsuccessful in defending. Now Corp A has control again at 45.

17 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-03 23:52:35)

Bumping because it cant be any more apparent in game that there needs to be a system like this so the rest of the server can actually plan to hit a station and perhaps take it via fighting.

ninja sapping doesn't work, it barely worked when we didn't even bother with saps for that month....

vote for hope and change, vote for siege mechanics'  like this!

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

All this system does is allow you (CIR and Co), to play the game even less, and only log in to perp for a siege. Bring more people, play less. Still own everything. Just not seeing the benefits....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I like how you've used your cons puppet to back your idea up. Extra points.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I like how you've used your cons puppet to back your idea up. Extra points.

Im only in cons with this character for the industry and to keep it open should the other leaders return. I play the game how I wish and you simply dont play the game at all.

There was a nice showing of vets this last weekend that I didnt wake up for in time that was able to lock down dom for a short period until syndic stopped suiciding heavy mk2's and everyone got bored. If this mechanic was in place it would make it easier for weekend ops. I dont understand what part of intrusion 3.0 idea you are complaining about other than trying to offend other players simply because you are upset about some sort of metagame or another.

sounds like an artifically constructed system, even more artifical then the existing ones.

just because everyone on the server knows when a sap is open, it doesnt mean that even a single player more then now would show up.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If the saps stayed the same but there was a global anouncement that there was an active sap and which OP it was for I would be there every time. Having to probe the things every time is silly unless you want to plan for the next one. If people just want to log in for pvp they should be able to do it and go show up to a SAP. If nothing else make saps do more damage and show up globally.

Gwyndor wrote:

If the saps stayed the same but there was a global anouncement that there was an active sap and which OP it was for I would be there every time. Having to probe the things every time is silly unless you want to plan for the next one. If people just want to log in for pvp they should be able to do it and go show up to a SAP. If nothing else make saps do more damage and show up globally.

Gunner announces every sap in general chat.

tbh, yeah, you as single agent can show up at every SAP, if theres a clash between two bigger groups, they will be happe about that little distraction for another instant-killmail.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gwyndor wrote:

We had this strange feeling this was going to happen.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.