Re: PVE Gamma Islands the Good, Bad and the Ugly.

Kayin Prime wrote:

It would actually be better organized and secure if player ran this than something that requires dev time.

Haha you must be new here. wink

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Let me start with we would love to have something like this at some point.

The glaring problems I see with your suggestion:

1. Gammas must retain their incentives to go there. I know currently there are not many but still, simply not having colixum on these PvE islands is not enough. Personally I would only allow T1 buildings to maintain the industrial superiority of gammas.

Here is another thing that annoys me, GIVE ME a reason to goto Gamma.  Give me T5 with Colixium based weapons, Give me a new type of robot that is support to what we have with Colixium based bots.  Give me a reason to go there.

Where the hell is the T5 stuff?  I mean honestly at this point put a Red tag on the T4 give it 2 to 5% increase in stats and lets get this stuff out?  EVEN if you do this in stages, starting with Industrial mods, then move into weapons, engineering, electronics, etc...  We don't need ALL the items at once.  Give us some T5 miners and Harvesters and See how fast them alpha spawns start lighting up for hi tech kernals.  Micro patches with content.  Give me a reason to Sell Colixum!  If you do that then you'll start seeing opposition come in and start pushing the gamma stations and attacking.  I mean come on its not rocket science here guys.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Kayin Prime wrote:

CIR could just organize this themselves without the need for dev time.   Setup an island with terminals. Rent them out. Police them.   Anyone gets lippy, blow them up while trying to haul... deny access to the terminal... etc.

It would actually be better organized and secure if player ran this than something that requires dev time.

We won't do that, too much work for the amount of effort we want to give this game atm.

Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary. tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:

CIR could just organize this themselves without the need for dev time.   Setup an island with terminals. Rent them out. Police them.   Anyone gets lippy, blow them up while trying to haul... deny access to the terminal... etc.

We won't do that, too much work for the amount of effort we want to give this game atm.

And.......there's the problem.  ;-)   

/thread.  good day everybody. See you on game tonight.

31 (edited by Burial 2014-10-28 20:17:28)

Nooodlzs wrote:
Altera wrote:

Your analogy would mean that there is an intent to go after the game and the Devs and destroy it all.

I love this game but it is full of people that feel that they are entitled to something, I remember trying to kill Lemon in a heavy mech when we were in assaults and dying in a fire, night after night, we came back for more.

I'm talking about the bitter vets that have hangers full of crap they will never ever use and feel all that is the sign of being a ~good player~.

Always pulling the strings of the newer players.

People just lose interest and there's nothing to do about it. You had the same issue when we hit your Gammas.

Now, back to the topic...

DEV Zoom wrote:

1. Gammas must retain their incentives to go there. I know currently there are not many but still, simply not having colixum on these PvE islands is not enough. Personally I would only allow T1 buildings to maintain the industrial superiority of gammas.

Interest should come from Colixum-based items and robots. Since building a base on Gammas is the only crude way of getting Colixum, naturally people will want to expand if there's something to do with the Colixum.

I agree with the T1 base only rule and the reasoning behind it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

2. Free building anywhere will go terribly wrong, the same thing will happen like now with gammas. Everyone who can quickly build a colony will occupy all the available space on day one, and the whole feature will be a toy of a handful of players, till the end of days. You surely know that a weekly tax of 1 million NIC is laughable for the veteran corps.

You should solve it with a clever and dynamic tax system. Dynamic to scale with the growth of the game.

For example, different corporations could register interest for a MPC by committing a sum of NIC into the system. As more corporations commit, the tax for all the bases grows. Eventually the tax will reach to the breaking point for some corporations where they would have to remove the base to not pay the tax, or go broke and get their base destroyed/wholesaled by the system.

A tax of 1mil per month is laughable indeed. Let's not forget we are talking about corporation-level feature. The industrial bonuses from a base are enormous. The tax should be at least 100 times that and further increased by other committed corporations.

DEV Zoom wrote:

In order to let everyone participate in a totally free system, we would need to have infinite island space to make it future-proof, so this is a no go.

Not at all. If you want players to have a decent chance at getting a plot for their base, you need a good system for plot removal.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Islands divided into fixed land slots where a corporation can only own one would help, but then alt corps happen.

The system needs to be dynamic and NIC-based. Anything fixed will not work.

Whats it like to have an ego so big it stops you from playing a game you seem desperate to stay connected with via forums?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I still think this idea would be good in some form or fashion. If you can somehow make MPC stuff available to newer corps without the risk associated with traditional gammas. I think that in itself is a huge PVE update for the game. Giving the newer corps/players an opportunity to play with the content that has been worked on for SO long, seems like a great way to spice up PVE without taking an inordinate amount of developer time....

I am becoming more and more amused with Stranger Danger telling everyone how they need to play the game... Where have I heard that before?...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Stranger Danger wrote:

Whats it like to have an ego so big it stops you from playing a game you seem desperate to stay connected with via forums?

Ask Arga? Or Syndic maybe?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Well its free now, not $60.00 a month like some of us paid.

Whilst I can see the potential of PVE gamma islands, there are multiple threads about PVE on the existing Alpha islands. Would not Dev time be better spent on that first ?

I'm not going to list all the PVE options mentioned in the other threads, having posted many comments myself in those threads I simply couldn't be bothered to repeat myself again..

Shadowmine wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Clearly he was talking about Cassius, Burial or any of the other outlast pvpers like yourself.

Syndic wrote:

Stop developing the game around people who don't want to risk anything.
Stop inventing considerations for feelings of people who don't want to risk anything.
Stop reasoning with people who don't want to risk anything.
Stop coddling people who don't want to risk anything.

MURDER THEM - with NO consideration - with NO special treatment - with NO mercy.
Until they realize what the game is about.
Or until they quit.

Play the game.

Eve would not survive if it followed this model. Do you think Perpetuum would?

Aye Pod wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Clearly he was talking about Cassius, Burial or any of the other outlast pvpers like yourself.

Nope, not me.

40 (edited by Blocker 2014-10-29 06:24:30)

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Stop inventing considerations for feelings of people who don't want to risk anything.

MURDER THEM - with NO consideration - with NO special treatment - with NO mercy.
Or until they quit.

Play the game.

The vast majority of Perp's development has been focused around PVP, since way before I started playing. Judging by the current  population levels, a blind man on a galloping horse can see this has not worked out well. Ignore Syndics lunatic ravings.

The sooner the Devs put some focus into PVE the better chance we have of not only attracting new people, but keeping them. The longer we can keep them the more chance we have of encouraging them to try some PVP.

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Or until they quit.

Play the game.

Never heard of suicide ganking in high sec?
Never heard of can flipping in high sec?
Never heard of war decs in high sec?

EVE does not develop the game around people who log in to queue skills and spin ships in station for a few mins before logging out. And it's doing just fine.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

42 (edited by Inda 2014-10-29 12:39:41)

Syn, EVE has 70-80 % PVE players isnt it? (I never played EVE that much so I have no real experience.)

That what Cassius said I think.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Syndic wrote:

EVE does not develop the game around people who log in to queue skills and spin ships in station for a few mins before logging out. And it's doing just fine.

ahhh, THATs why you are here...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

44 (edited by Cassius 2014-10-29 16:11:39)

Eve has enough PVE content to keep an 80-85% Risk-Adverse player base, that pays the bills. So PvPers have a game. And more targets.

I did not say Risk-free. you correctly pointed out Highsec is not risk free, but its risk free enough for a player to develop and play the game.

Also, I do not agree with having a PvE Gamma.

My point is your PvP-only hardcore approach would not work as a business model. Its a simple concept I don't expect you can understand.

But hey, youre winning. I know exactly how fun it is to have power and no one brave enough to attack you. Or no one with the numbers or the assets. You pretty much just sit there and accumulate assets in the meantime. I figure you have another year to go to catch up to me.

You don't understand what I'm saying Cassius.

There's nothing wrong with PVE players enjoying PVE. We've all raided, incursioned, FW'd the buttons, blahblah.

There's everything wrong with the same 5 unwashed hobos that don't want to risk anything in PVP, crying on the forum for game-changes that change the PVP side of the game - which is the ONLY remotely fun feature in this amateur student-hobby game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Cassius wrote:

But hey, youre winning. I know exactly how fun it is to have power and no one brave enough to attack you. Or no one with the numbers or the assets. You pretty much just sit there and accumulate assets in the meantime. I figure you have another year to go to catch up to me.

How would you know, if every time that you got attacked you resorted to ~outlasting~, dodging PvP by hiding for weeks behind gamma walls or playing other games?

Now that game is free and no one has to pay money to be just on stand-by mode while other side avoids PvP at any cost, you suddenly disappeared. It isn't a coincidence, it is a pattern.

Unfortunately, you are not the one to compare, as much as you'd love to.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Syndic wrote:

There's nothing wrong with PVE players enjoying PVE. We've all raided, incursioned, FW'd the buttons, blahblah.

There's everything wrong with the same 5 unwashed hobos that don't want to risk anything in PVP, crying on the forum for game-changes that change the PVP side of the game - which is the ONLY remotely fun feature in this amateur student-hobby game.

'What this game is about' has led to its state today.

Given that your definition of 'crying on the forum for changes' includes preventing intentional mission and beacon abuse who cares about your opinion. You have consistently only supported changes that benefit you.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

'crying on the forum for changes'

Jokes MOTD in corp chat, just saying.

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

'crying on the forum for changes'

Jokes MOTD in corp chat, just saying.

No idea what you are talking about. Enlighten me.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Thats all you ever do, is cry on the forums.. and QQ about how lifes not fair and people should be nice to me!