Topic: Incoming Balanced Patch.

So whats in it, any progress?

Three months out?  Big? Small?

Massive changes?  Looking at making more variety of Ammo Types?  (Range, Speed Debuff's, Falloff modifiers)

I am Perpetuum.

Re: Incoming Balanced Patch.

Read the blog.

Where are the new missions, you keep bumping other features higher up your list, for almost a year and no progress on mission system. fuuu

RIP PERPETUUM

Missions are win

Gwyndor wrote:

Missions are win

Missions are a temporary win.

i cannot list any sandbox game that keeps player interested for longer just with a random mission system. Its a little, or better tiny piece in a 1k pieces puzzle that needs to be there, but not something you build your (sandbox)game around (eg. Firefail).

though, i wonder how AC makes their planned mission system work on gamma.

its also coding and content work.

the rebalance is something mostly done by a completely different DEV and number-pushing. Something that should happen with weekly or monthly patches. Actually, i cannot understand why its something that affects the schedule of other tasks.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The issue has always been that the mission system has always been an afterthought since the start of Development. Anni: do you know how many players solely play Eve just for the PVE? Is not the best part though but it's much better than what we have here now.

RIP PERPETUUM

missions are a part of PVE... not the whole PVE content that holds player. thats what i wrote there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The mission system is a sandbox crutch.  Its to supplement people who cant think of any reason to play.

This is vital to new people, as new people will typically putz around without any log term goal other than getting a bigger bot, which is time restricted.

I liked the old mission system, it was more a compliment to farming....im going to farm these mobs or mine that ore, ill snag the mission related and at least get something when im done in  the form of tokens.  The new system is more of a form of dictated content.  It tells you what you will do and you can abandon and try again to get what you want or just do what it says.

I think the mission system is vital to new players.  Between getting into a corp and learning to hate CIR/77 there are not many obvious goals to someone new to this game type other than just grinding and doing missions....

My hope is that the missions offer absolute choice....and things like transport missions have both a dangerous (traps) and safe (just deliver sht here and come back) options, that artifacting has locate, grab loot, AND fight them mobs types....that mining and harvesting have the location missions, scanning missions, harvesting raw, and harvesting rare ores....and to have it nicely labeled and something I can choose.

I want that new player to be able to try them all at their own pace then decide "I like doing this type most so ill keep doing them"

Perhaps add some form of rank...this could be super easy to implement.  Rank the players within the NPC faction based on how much rep they obtain for the month and week.  Give a reward to the top 5 or something (maybe a few days boosted account)

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Annihilator wrote:

missions are a part of PVE... not the whole PVE content that holds player. thats what i wrote there.

Wrong.  Rewards are what hold players.  Having a token shop with *** nothing in it is laughable.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It's a sandbox game where the best content is player created. But the filler content to reward people for putting time and resources into the system need to be less boring. Ville is right, need a slight expansion to tokens. Not sure what that needs to be but there is definitely something needed.

11 (edited by Ville 2014-11-11 17:35:43)

have suggested a million times, what could go in there T2+ or T4+ because lets face it, if you get that gear your looking at Top in stuff that could be grinded in Alpha in safety, making carebears a like happy while PVPers could use Beta and create more room for potential PVP, they could be bought and sold on the market...  You can make the same model of a robot, adjust the stats a little and give it a new bonus and put it in the token shop, like a Kain mk3 (not craftable, only by token shop) and it has a bonus to I dunno hit dispersion and the missle slots can actually house autocannons or lazers something, Anything...Factions pecific variants.  You name it. 

TL;DR Version
Put Something in your token shop besides Beacons and faction ammo, put some existing items in the game into the shop
It's already in game, little to no development and a great QOL improvement to give PVE content.
Significantly lower the cost for those goods in beta terminals, GG reward for beta islands and potential ghank opportunitys for people runnign tokens.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.