Topic: Conglomerate System

Not sure where the original thread is but will we be getting some sort of conglomerate/alliance based roles some time soon?

Re: Conglomerate System

That would be amazing, just saying.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

According to the real leaders of the game, this isn't needed or wanted.

Anytime soon.

I am Perpetuum.

+1 To this, if the NPC's have the ability to make a conglomerate it should be allowed on a player level. Alliance/Conglomerate allows for an extra level of complexity allowing for proper banding with out having to block out a standings level to do so as it is at the moment. Would also allow for individual corps that specialize to properly be a part of a grouping of corporations, and if their services are bid to another group change allegiances with out all the hassle of changing the ever annoying standings.

Either way, whether the DEV's like it or not allowing for that added complexity of conglomerates does hold some merit for player use.

I agree with Jade

Me too!

everytime you look at what happens ingame, and then at the arguments against alliance feature, makes you wonder.

+1 to the topic. after 4 years getting sick of 200+ squadlists

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I have an idea.

Maybe merge a few of the 30 corps that make up the 'everyone else coalition'

we have 2 core corps

just sayin

Gwyndor wrote:

Not sure where the original thread is but will we be getting some sort of conglomerate/alliance based roles some time soon?

Or merging into one super corp helps.

10 (edited by Burial 2014-10-27 14:41:34)

Supremacy wrote:

I have an idea.

Maybe merge a few of the 30 corps that make up the 'everyone else coalition'

Ville wrote:

This. People are way too attached to tags.

It's all about playing with your friends.

Ville wrote:

Their intention was to take a few stations, spread out and Pvp vs each other. That's been most peoples intention tbh.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I personally dont want to merge into a super corp so that we are permanently attached at the hip. When Demolition Party was a thing it was considered that we should all drop our current corporations and merge into one newly created corporation but that doesnt add to the diversity this game deserves. If people still want to merge into super corporations for more direct role delegation than fine but their should be some loose mechanic that allows corporations to work together other than setting standings.

This isnt a corp dialogue or an attempt to swing any mechanics in my personal favor. I feel it is a mechanic that all parties present and future can utilize equally.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Their intention was to take a few stations, spread out and Pvp vs each other. That's been most peoples intention tbh.

Probably shouldn't hit Dom and woken the sleeping bear.

15 (edited by Annihilator 2014-10-27 17:25:35)

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Probably shouldn't hit Dom and woken the sleeping bear.

this sounds like exactly like the corp that only wants the best for the game.

for weeks now smaller corps fight against the auto-stability gain of all those empty epeen outposts, and just because they also want some real pvp and attack your main outpost, you will steamroll them out of theirs. right?

or with a quote from GC:

[23:43:49] <Gunner> im taking my stations back
[23:43:54] <Gunner> just in case you wanted to know

i wonder if we ever see what happens when those small corps each have their own outpost. its in your hands...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Probably should ask Maidden since he has the "inside perspective".  lol

Can I suggest that the issue isn't "conglom yes or no?" but "which specific features would enhance the game by supporting conglom-like structures?"

Currently you can see friend as a color, but (afaik) you don't see friends-of-friends or friends-of-friends-of-friends (or f* meaning full transitivity?). Would fofcoloring, as a specific conglom feature, enhance the game? What if there were a dilution so that long chains look different than short chains, possibly using a different lightness or alpha to convey the length?

Alternately, you effectively delegate your relation colorcoding to your corp. Suppose instead that you could delegate your colorcoding to a specific player, and if that player also delegates their colorcoding, then you see both (with your captain's colors overriding your captain's captain's colors, and so on up the chain). Would recursively-delegateable-coloring, as a specific conglom feature, enhance the game?

What about shared storages - a container in your or your corp's private storage that is shared between multiple players or corps? Is that important or unimportant for conglom operations - or rather, is it valuable or an improvement to the game?