Re: Low population and vets, an incoherent rambling by stranger

Celebro wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Im not sure what content would make the game worthy of playing again for people who farmed up everything, and don't want to do anything with the stuff they farmed.

Improved PVE/missions and more bots the last new bot was in December 2011 and it was a hauler. We were promised PVE before Steam but gamma and new servers got on the way they are still making changes to TP and highway system still nothing in detail mentioned what PVE is going to look like. I estimate at this rate we will see new bots 2016 and that's being optimistic.

Yeah but coding isn't easy or fast, especially when you don't have the funds to hire a large developer team.

I don't disagree with this, what you are saying....believe me if I could have forced the devs not to waste all that time on the tutorial, something players only do once for a few hours....and instead, put some new bots in game (not sure they had the money then to hire someone to 3d model) I would have.

Stuff like new bots, they have to hire someone.  You know that.  Even a cheap developer costs (I would have to assume) more money than this game brings in...assuming that they have a lot more costs involved than just one dev they need to hire.

You need to be realistic on what can be done, and what needs to be fixed.  If this game had 10k people all on booster I don't think any of this would be a problem.  Ive said it before, but more players will fix a lot of problems with this game.  In game and out.

Perhaps a better question you the vet needs to ask yourself, what specifically would be the content that would bring you back to the game long term?

Not sure this has really been discussed, aside from people posting random ideas in the past.  What brings Celebro, obie, grumpy gus burial back to the game long term?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

27 (edited by Burial 2014-10-25 18:51:12)

Well, since you asked so personally and pleasantly, ArcheAge has to go belly up.

Stranger Danger wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

All of you are starting to see the light.

And to think it only took my influence, a fertile opinion, and mindful hand, for the latter to happen.

Some of us do want the game to grow and thrive but it takes some strong mirror looking for this to happen.

Time that is past.

Nah your just a vet who if they posted on their main account, no one would listen to. So you post on a forum alt.

But all in all...

This game isn't going to go anywhere without its vet population supporting it. 

Im not sure what content would make the game worthy of playing again for people who farmed up everything, and don't want to do anything with the stuff they farmed.

As opposed to a vet who posts on his main account and no one listens to.

From if, could, would, to reality.

Quit riding of the coattails of my successful forum posts and think of a original idea. 

Notice the overriding lack of language from the Dev Team.  Maybe they are actually learning a thing or two.

I am Perpetuum.

I started the game from 2 weeks befor going live, and played for around 18 months or so with 2 accounts. I left due to bordem, not a big pvper but would have probably done so if it had come my way when i was ready.

The missions were a joke and still are and the fact they took all the red bots of alpha where i was having fun doing my own thing was another nail in the coffin that stoppped me comming back. Gamma never interested me and seemed to me to be a waste of time with the big so called revamp, i don't think there are enough players to warrent all the time that was put into it, but thats my opinion.

What i wanted were good missions but there are none and some new bots. I log in every few days to keep the ep going in the hope of some change, but nothing since i left has made me want to log in to actually play for a while.

I read the forums every day to see the same old people *** and whine all the time which again doesn't make me want to play again. Maybe they will sort the game out, which i hope they do as this game has so much potential, but it sems to have taken so so long to get even to where it is now.

Just my thoughts take them or leave them doesn't matter to me.

Thoughts are left. 

We dont need them.

I am Perpetuum.

Stranger Danger wrote:

Not sure this has really been discussed, aside from people posting random ideas in the past.  What brings Celebro, obie, grumpy gus burial back to the game long term?

As I have said, new mission system, more bots and PVE only gammas would definitely peak my interest. This game has not changed much in terms of content or tools.

RIP PERPETUUM