Topic: Insider's Perception

The long awaited blog is out, and it screams volumes.

Sap changes. 

At this point were just trying things for the sake of trying things as it takes very little "time" to change this one.  I cant really blame the Dev team, it does little to affect us at all, if not it benefits us even more!  All we have to do now, is just do the sap, the quick ones, get the loot and go do something else.
I will hold off on general, this is destroying the game, for now.  For Now!

Reading between the lines.

The blog brought along the new lines of gamma is still in beta, and everything will not be changed until more people go out and *** it up again.   Insanity and the Dev Team together forever.
More striking is the promising of new "stuff", new balancing of old "stuff".  Where are the examples of said "stuff".  We are still waiting on artillery, still waiting on new things to buy in the Syndicate Supplies shop.  STILL waiting on new things to spend RL money on...

And you come at us with this Blog and expect us to Believe you?

Nervous laughter.

All this new stuff is awesome, I have to say.  I fear little change on the power projection front, in fact I expect it to get worse.  Why care when your on the winning team (join PHM and deal with our Bullshit and make Nic).  But even this made me laugh.

Dev Zoom wrote:

Yes, a new engine is in the works, both for the GUI and the 3D graphics. As you might guess this is a rather large project so at this point I can't really say a solid timeframe for it.

Cool new rework, that's actually AWESOME news, if your past track record was exceptional.

Here is where the laughter/nervousness comes into play.

Dev Zoom wrote:

It's a complete rewrite, basically a Perpetuum 2.0. But this is about the client, doesn't have to do anything with server constraints or similar stuff, like your examples.

Perp 2.0? Awesome, Cool, this is great.  Wait, I feel like I'm being trolled.  News to come, you will pay for this awesome new, content related, content massive, GUI fix, in cash!  I cant throw money at my screen fast enough.

I cant help to feel a small, yes small hit of a full server wipe, and re-launch.  Would be in their best business interests I feel. 

So 4 Years out?  Breath

I am Perpetuum.

Re: Insider's Perception

so, start your own winning team

love these armchair quarterbacks

Yeah, way to jump to conclusions...

I will say this - removing the base cap will bring back all the problems the new gamma was supposed to fix.

Its dangerously *** as once its done its very hard to go back with no upsides.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Pick your route, they all go to the same place. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

6 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-19 16:33:13)

Inside the mind of incoherent rubbish. OP is pointless.

Sparking to other games

Well Zoom and Jita at least read the Post.

Thanks!

I am Perpetuum.

Syndic wrote:

I don't think you guys owning all Gammas and Betas is wrong. When you can be bothered logging in you have the ability to dominate from a PvP perspective so that's balanced and makes sense.

What I think is not balanced is the amount of time, effort and Nic required to do so. Holding that much space should be very costly from a time, nic and effort perspective. If your prepared to do it still possible - just hard.

The sap change is one small step but others are needed. It should be hard work to dominate.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I don't think you guys owning all Gammas and Betas is wrong. When you can be bothered logging in you have the ability to dominate from a PvP perspective so that's balanced and makes sense.

What I think is not balanced is the amount of time, effort and Nic required to do so. Holding that much space should be very costly from a time, nic and effort perspective. If your prepared to do it still possible - just hard.

The sap change is one small step but others are needed. It should be hard work to dominate.

There is a difference between owning it all because we can and owning it all so we actually have a change to get a fight on the rare occasion anyone tries something that involves the exchange of ammo.

They could easily put all 24 gamma islands back in game and it would be nearly impossible to get a stranglehold on the game.

The problem before with gamma was the insane terraforming, and sieges of gamma bases that required insane amounts of time terraforming and no fighting, or little fighting...

We could properly test gamma now, however the new players are only concerned with pve on their pvp islands, and the vets are sore losers and refuse to do anything meaningful...

So you sit here on the forums and try to blame mechanics and game systems for the inactivity, when if only 10% of the available vet accounts actually played...the game would be at its most active state ever.

I dunno, vets complain about the game lacking players but wont play the game, which is the reason it lacks players not because the developers didn't program in the game specific rewards for doing stuff...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:
Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

There is a difference between owning it all because we can and owning it all so we actually have a change to get a fight on the rare occasion anyone tries something that involves the exchange of ammo.

They could easily put all 24 gamma islands back in game and it would be nearly impossible to get a stranglehold on the game.

The problem before with gamma was the insane terraforming, and sieges of gamma bases that required insane amounts of time terraforming and no fighting, or little fighting...

We could properly test gamma now, however the new players are only concerned with pve on their pvp islands, and the vets are sore losers and refuse to do anything meaningful...

So you sit here on the forums and try to blame mechanics and game systems for the inactivity, when if only 10% of the available vet accounts actually played...the game would be at its most active state ever.

I dunno, vets complain about the game lacking players but wont play the game, which is the reason it lacks players not because the developers didn't program in the game specific rewards for doing stuff...

You mean like your veterans who play archeage more then the average newbro stays ingame after joining to perp?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

what was that about Vets should create content for the new player?
like vets filling the market with cheap equipment instead of hoarding it for years, just to have spares for the time someone else reaches the status of "affordable losses" that never happen because of blobbing?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You tend to post the same untruths over and over so I dont know why you bother.

To be clear:

Owning less betas and Gammas will provide MORE PvP not less. There's more to PvP than saps.

The effort required to put three bases on even 24 islands is negligible. The effort to keep them there is virtually nil and that's the issue.

The mechanics are the only reason for inactivity. They generate the walls of the sandbox and regulate the behaviour in it. It's so close to being just right, a few more patches and tweaks will be enough.

Annihilator wrote:

what was that about Vets should create content for the new player?
like vets filling the market with cheap equipment instead of hoarding it for years, just to have spares for the time someone else reaches the status of "affordable losses" that never happen because of blobbing?

Just in relation to this I've put twenty billion on the market at below lowest price for everything. It's a fraction of our assets but I can't see Joke reforming and I hope it helps.

No, the problem is no one wants to STAY and play the game.

Question is WHY?

Answer is...

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Question is WHY?

Answer is...

Nobody wants to stay and play any game. Eves retention rate is equally appalling. The difference is they can maintain new subs and so never get to catastrophic retention point.

To answer your why it's really simple. Progress. New content isn't added at a speed that keeps people subbing the extra month and causes new subs. The second reason is communication. It's frankly sucked the rigid *** of Satan up to now. Some progress has been made with that we are getting monthly Dev blogs but a lack of firm release dates and regular advertised expansions gives old people no hope and no watershed points for new people to join and old people to come back.

I firmly believe that if the communication had been on point and the stuff released brought in to game coherently in staged expansions we would have needed no more content to be in a multi thousand player game right now.

the question is - who plays the game and tells his friend to do the investment to join him playing because its so fun?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Perpetuum wrote:

Question is WHY?

Answer is...

Honestly, a lot of the butt hurt, crying, and over seriousness on both sides of the fence right now are very unappealing. 

I like PVP but not if I'm going to be accused of being a spy and subsequently harassed for 2 weeks all because I .. logged in?  And especially not if there are 10 hours of forum + gen chat rage for every 15 seconds of combat, win or lose. Community needs to have some sportsmanship on both sides. Winners need not gloat, losers need not cry.  This is a video game. Sacrificing human relationships for a virtual gain is completely insane.

Community is make or break to minecraft servers. We shouldn't be surprised to see similarities here.

That being said I would like to see more PVE content to break up the grind. Something like a progression raid maybe. I like where those special level 3 missions were going for example.

I'm sorry your experience is poor but it's been at the best time.

Many years ago I was part of Ecorp - then the games noob corp designed to help new people. I was kicked because they thought I was a spy for M2S and from a little five man corp built a decent PvP and industry corp that was an integral part of the most powerful alliance this game has ever seen. Since then I've gone for a 2 man corp to the biggest corp in the game and back again but the key has been resilience, perspective and turning disadvantage in to advantage.

Why don't you take this knock, start your own corp and use this new player influx to carve something special.

Kayin Prime wrote:

Winners need not gloat, losers need not cry..... Sacrificing human relationships for a virtual gain is completely insane.

Welcome to the internet. You want relationships, head over to eharmony or hello kitty online.

We met on eHarmony is closed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

<3

that wasnt a nice thing to say

Aye Pod wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:

Winners need not gloat, losers need not cry..... Sacrificing human relationships for a virtual gain is completely insane.

Welcome to the internet. You want relationships, head over to eharmony or hello kitty online.

Gunner I hope you won't stand for that kind of behavior.

If I was you, I would unfriend him on facebook.

Like now. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Kayin Prime wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Question is WHY?

Answer is...

Honestly, a lot of the butt hurt, crying, and over seriousness on both sides of the fence right now are very unappealing. 

I like PVP but not if I'm going to be accused of being a spy and subsequently harassed for 2 weeks all because I .. logged in?  And especially not if there are 10 hours of forum + gen chat rage for every 15 seconds of combat, win or lose. Community needs to have some sportsmanship on both sides. Winners need not gloat, losers need not cry.  This is a video game. Sacrificing human relationships for a virtual gain is completely insane.

Community is make or break to minecraft servers. We shouldn't be surprised to see similarities here.

That being said I would like to see more PVE content to break up the grind. Something like a progression raid maybe. I like where those special level 3 missions were going for example.

Your blaming the community, are you serious?  Its not like we have stuck around GIFTING the Dev's our money for them to run a open beta game.

If you had read my posts earlier you would see how to stay within PHM and actually make NIC.  Don't do anything against the party line, and stay within a low profile.  The spy thing comes and goes.

This isn't a community problem, as our number is so very few, this is a Dev problem, further a development problem.

I am Perpetuum.

25 (edited by Blocker 2014-10-20 01:32:12)

Kayin Prime wrote:

Tend to agree, but that's the way it is atm. The best you can do is as an individual try and rise above it, just ignore it.

Kayin Prime wrote:

In an ideal world I could not agree more, however reality is a different thing. As AyePod said this is the Internet, and if there is one thing the Internet does well is turn perfectly normal, friendly, sociable people into raving socio-paths and *** who think they are anonymous. Once again, just try and be better than that yourself. Also PvP games always generate gloater's and criers, anything that makes people compete against each other will bring out both the best and the worst of human nature. That's just the way we are. 

Kayin Prime wrote: