Topic: Spark cost pattern

When I was reading up on spark costs it made sense that alpha1 costs 1 slot alpha2 2 slots and beta 3 slots. It made sense costs increase as you get to the outer islands and futher away from the branch point of the differnt arms. However by that pattern I would have expected the gamma cost to be 4. Instead it is 2. What is the reasoning behind this spark cost?

Re: Spark cost pattern

Gamma logistics, especially indy side, are much more travel intensive than any other island. Hence the reason Gamma sparks are cheaper.  I can't speak how much it may have changed with the new Gamma 2.0 system, ie PB highways but that's how it was before.

One can't move stuff with sparks. The pilot snaps back is that relevant? I thought also that would be a sort of "what happens in gamma stays in gamma" mentality. That it being less avialable to the wide world would be part of the point of gamma.

On Gamma you can build an outpost right on a mineral spawn, since its a pvp area you can provide a shelter in case your miners get attacked. make one scarab trip to mining terminal filled with miners, scarabs, charges. Mine field over a couple of days until depleted in reasonable safety. haul minerals back to main terminal. Your travelling alone overall is significantly reduced vs leaving from the main terminal to a remote field, mining for the day, returning home. many other ways sparks save travel especially on Gamma.

Gamma is heavily dependent on Beta now.  With Epi being a "beta" resource only, it puts a huge strain on Gamma production since every building uses epi and Nora.  Even those T1s.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Gamma is heavily dependent on Beta now.  With Epi being a "beta" resource only, it puts a huge strain on Gamma production since every building uses epi and Nora.  Even those T1s.

We dont care Ville, PHM already has more then enough so we dont have to build anything anyway.

But we might anyway.

I am Perpetuum.

blame Cassius

with the restrictions to teraforming and the island cap epri should be on gamma. I like the terminal cap though. If it is removed for good then epri shouldnt be there.

The pRoblem I see is once the caps are gone, gamma islands will be made in a manner were really 90% of the island is safe to the land owner.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.