Re: Owning a Beta Station.

Don't think anyone else is petty enough to think about those things.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

On a side note, it is great hearing you guys complain about having to defend all these saps. Collecting sap loot 28 times a day is no small task... I feel your pain...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I find it funny that the people with the most power in the game in terms of money and assets, are the ones that started this topic. while the people who dont have that much money and assets yet with more active people, are able to topple some of the stations.

the way I see it. the mechanics are working.

+1 positive thinker finally appears

Luke Broker wrote:

I find it funny that the people with the most power in the game in terms of money and assets, are the ones that started this topic. while the people who dont have that much money and assets yet with more active people, are able to topple some of the stations.

Good on you guys, keep it up keep hitting stations and make them leave archeage to log in and defend yarr

Btw, a good tactic that gets their goat every single time.... as soon as you see them actually coming to defend/attack... dock up and blueball them. They'll be frothing at the mouth like the rabid dogs they are lol

dont defend, we take the base and play more other games

defend, we kill you and take the base and play more games

there is no downside

Sparks allows us to easily do this

i can say it a billion times

Supremacy wrote:

there is no downside

This is the arrogancy that will keep you play other games forever in the end wink

Supremacy wrote:

there is no downside

I'm not going to play with this toy but its mine so you can't either. When the Devs create a sandbox its interesting to see how people don't grow up after playing in them as a child.

I think it's pointing out what's wrong....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Supremacy wrote:

there is no downside

Except for the 2 year period when the other side has more numbers available.

Ville, seriously??? One guy takes a SAP here or there and you lose one or 2 factory points .... You don't lose all of them. If one guy could consistently take a station stability down to 50% without too much trouble then there is a mechanic issue. Why should Beta ownership be even more passively incentivized?

You yourself for all your trolling know better than to suggest this.

there is a little bit of truth in what ville wrote there.

for example, for the short time my corp owned a beta outpost, we constantly lost the top level aura effect when someone ninjaed a sap, and due to the enforced delay i could not activate another one.

If i remember that correctly, the facility point system does not allow you to respec the allocation unless you are able to drop your outposts stability on purpose and regain it again. On gamma you can do that just by redoing the booster connections (if you're terminal is out of bandwidth to boost all at once)

these all-or-nothing mechanics kinda forced all outposts owner on the same island to be allied or beeing same corp to reap the full reward of beta outposts. I can just guess that its now exactly the same with gamma islands - one island, one owner.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

My point is it's not all or nothing, you only lose the aura and one or two point towards facilities. That's a 10-20% production drop, it's not the end of the world. Besides, if you plan to set up top level production facilities on Beta, chances are you are actually gonna be active or live out of that Beta station. Please tell me why Ville would even care about Beta production right now considering Gamma is open and I'm sure they have a much better defended base(s) with far better production facility bonuses.

The best trolls always have a kernel of truth in them.
Mechanics that help absentee ownership are not good for the game.

38 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-15 02:57:36)

Its a mechanic that promotes inactivity.

Other than the clear "they suggested it so were going to hate it" ramblings from the ususals....

I cant see how anyone would disagree that the current system is boring and promotes and rewards inactivity.

Other games have things that people can look forward to and log in for, this game has instead a system that gives incentives to ignore and avoid fights in order to take a station...

I honestly don't see how you can look at this current system, which is basically people waiting to see if there are no defenders then taking a sap, and not yearn for a system that gets people to log in and a fight.

Unless of course the goal for some is to avoid pvp...which seems like the case with a lot of the forum-only regulars.

I think an actual siege mechanic would do wonders in terms of getting people who own the game (thousands do) to log in occasionally for a big fight...and that there is the key to get inactivity back into the game by tapping into the existing playerbase that currently sees no reason to log in...because really there isn't a reason...you can just have pakaw/beast/whoever roll the dice on stations and hope no ones home.

Id like some type of declaration mechanic, some type of timeframe before the station goes live, id like for these times to be public, and id like for anyone to be able to show up...make it a damn server event.  I know this wont appeal to a lot of the in game political bullshit...but I think this would make for at least some baseline of activity.

At least with our side if you said "Thursday at 5:00pm Koykilli goes live" you would get people who normally don't log on in game....I cant speak for the other side, perhaps you guys really do want to drive out the remainder of players with inactivity...but im sure you could find a nice chunk of people who would show up for such an event.  We need to tap into that playerbase of people who own the game and don't need to pay to log in.

Luke Broker wrote:

if it was working well there would be more people participating....I know its easy to assume because we have wealth is the reason e are in power, but I would like to point you in the direction of burial and STC if you want to see what wealth matters without strategy. our 15-20 man crew is a blob not because there are a total of 25 player but because we are organized and use superior strategy.  The only way you topple a station is through inactivity, which is the problem and my point.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

We topple stations because we are active and persistent in pursuing saps. If you didnt have so many terminals to protect for your 25 players with superior coordination. The mechanics are working smile

If the sap is somewhat important to us or we feel like pvping then we show up in decent numbers. As you can see from the killboard we havent been running from fights lol

RIP SAP Ninjas sad

Yay!!!  I get to do saps!!!  Yay!!!

Stranger Danger wrote:

if it was working well there would be more people participating....I know its easy to assume because we have wealth is the reason e are in power, but I would like to point you in the direction of burial and STC if you want to see what wealth matters without strategy. our 15-20 man crew is a blob not because there are a total of 25 player but because we are organized and use superior strategy.  The only way you topple a station is through inactivity, which is the problem and my point.

Superior strategy and tactics, I actually lol'd out loud!

I assume you mean spies, better equipment and more people which can be supplemented by 'loaning' accounts to members of the CIR multi game community that don't usually play Perpetuum?  Amirite?

Let's face it by spying I enabled M2S to beat the 100 man blob they brought against us in the early days.  No way we would have won that without spies, exactly the same as your victories.  They have zero to do with skills, tactics or strategy just simple intel

Jelab y so jelly?

Jelan wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

I assume you mean spies, better equipment and more people which can be supplemented by 'loaning' accounts to members of the CIR multi game community that don't usually play Perpetuum?  Amirite?

Let's face it by spying I enabled M2S to beat the 100 man blob they brought against us in the early days.  No way we would have won that without spies, exactly the same as your victories.  They have zero to do with skills, tactics or strategy just simple intel

Then I invite you to get 10-20 players to log on and give us a fight.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Tilt this frame a little to the left, close the windows,  re-light the furnace, and the internet is back to normal.

we have something like 31 stations

rest of server - 2

the new patch = you are screwed -

Gwyndor wrote:

We topple stations because we are active and persistent in pursuing saps. If you didnt have so many terminals to protect for your 25 players with superior coordination. The mechanics are working smile

If the sap is somewhat important to us or we feel like pvping then we show up in decent numbers. As you can see from the killboard we havent been running from fights lol

Stranger Danger wrote:
Jelan wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Then I invite you to get 10-20 players to log on and give us a fight.

You miss the point numpty, what I said is you're not very good at perp but make up for it with very good intel.  CIR and co are just like the kids at speshul schools sports day.  You're all winners

Whatever helps you sleep at night. big_smile

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. big_smile

Rohypnol if you must know

Popping pills every 5 minutes is no substitute for good long therapy kind sir. lol

CIR Complaint Form