Re: Invert beta station stability rules.

Kayin Prime wrote:

I like this idea in that you want to force players to 100% commit.

I'm not sure NIC is the tool to force that commitment though.  10M nic is a lot to a guy like me. It's nothing to a guy who's been mining epriton the last 2 years.  It basically lets someone with more money bully people out of playing, like in poker.

It shouldn't be about loot and levels.

Someone who's been mining epriton the last 2 years will bully you out of playing simply by having more assets then you (if they have the balls to put them on the line ofc).

It is all about loot and levels, don't delude yourself.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:

I'm not sure NIC is the tool to force that commitment though.  10M nic is a lot to a guy like me. It's nothing to a guy who's been mining epriton the last 2 years.  It basically lets someone with more money bully people out of playing, like in poker.

Someone who's been mining epriton the last 2 years will bully you out of playing simply by having more assets then you (if they have the balls to put them on the line ofc).

I disagree. Stuff was not the reason DP failed.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

You're right, excluding people was.

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:

I disagree. Stuff was not the reason DP failed.

I agree, what made DP fail is the absurdly arrogant Leader.  Then him being put in his place.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

Anyone owning a station can either be there or not to increase the stability. If they aren't there then they aren't supposed to hold the station either.

It only affects easy-moders who want to own as much as possible with as little effort as possible while fishing in ArcheAge.

+1

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

56 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-13 16:24:32)

Gwyndor wrote:

We tried to talk to you about spies, and ya'll didn't want to listen... and there were only like 2 ops you weren't invited on. Every other time we invited you, you showed up late, in the wrong bots, and there were 20,000 "Where are we going?" questions even though we plainly stated where and when to be somewhere, you couldnt manage to get even a couple guys in position ahead of time.

But lets be fair, syndic offered you a station if you left and you took him up on it, so don't go blaming anyone else.

Tell me more about how cons is full of spies. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Lol!

Smokeyii wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

We tried to talk to you about spies, and ya'll didn't want to listen... and there were only like 2 ops you weren't invited on. Every other time we invited you, you showed up late, in the wrong bots, and there were 20,000 "Where are we going?" questions even though we plainly stated where and when to be somewhere, you couldnt manage to get even a couple guys in position ahead of time.

Sounds like real leadership. I hear its also effective to tell your corpies and allies how much they suck and how all YOUR failures are their fault.

Sparking to other games

DEV Zoom wrote:

Let's not forget that currently it's only "no effort" because hardly anyone wants those bases, so the defenders can just not care.

Just about every corporation in the game wants a beta outpost. The main reason "no effort" is given to try and take one, is that the game mechanics allow a single numerically superior opponent to be in every Beta outpost in the game at any and all times. With ZERO effort involved to do so.

P.S. Just because Syndic says the same thing over and over, doesn't make it true. smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

There has been plenty of effort given to take beta terminals lately smile

Plenty of good fights have happened as well as plenty of slaughters lol. This is the most fun I have had since the New Hope agreement.

Gwyndor wrote:

There has been plenty of effort given to take beta terminals lately smile

Plenty of good fights have happened as well as plenty of slaughters lol. This is the most fun I have had since the New Hope agreement.

+1

Rex Amelius wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Sounds like real leadership. I hear its also effective to tell your corpies and allies how much they suck and how all YOUR failures are their fault.

I have no idea where you're going with that statement. To whom are you referring when you say "your", and you might want to double check what you "hear" next time, syndic is a known liar.... wouldn't be surprised at all if you "heard" something completely false from him.