Re: PLEASE PUSH GAMMA PATCH UNTIL THE OCT. 1st

Annihilator wrote:

they released gamma on test server already month' ago.
you have been free to test it, find bugs and inconsistencies and report them and/or give constructive feedback.

it has been a release candidate since energy wells have been implemented and working, turret AI functional again.
There was lots of things to test, and they decided to up the testing playerbase - aka putting it onto the Eearly Access Server.

It needs to go in it's completed form on the Test server first before being pushed to the live server.   Thasts the way NORMAL development does.  Development -> Test Server(testers are usually rewarded........) ->(Small tweeks are made here, very small) -> Live Server.

I think once Gamma in a finished version gets pushed to the Test server the player base will take testing MORE serious.  Right now, not base caps, slope capacitys, distance from the coast, none of that's in.  We need to play with it for a bit before it goes to live Server!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

base cap was on rahoshan active, hence the french TD player leveled my test base there.
terraforming slope limitations have been in for... dunno how long
Red zone had been in for some time, but fell because of server hdd crash. dunno why they didn't re-implement them right away - but when you look at the new islands, they haven't been necessary on the current PTS island with the terminal restriction (you cannot block all teleports if max number of terminals is < number of teleports)

for testing features, the PTS was complete.

and about your theory that other game DEVs do not release stuff before an extended PTS testing phase, thats a dream.
The regular PTS testing nowadays is about testing itterative patches, and then bugfix critical stuff before putting it onto live. Whats not a "critical" bug, is put on the todo-list for the next patch.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

28 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-12 19:21:05)

4 weeks of testing on PTS is not going to bring out further issues of balancing, considering the number of testers available is too small. Just release it already , no point to delay, we need to move on at some point.

RIP PERPETUUM

Has anyone done any protracted PvP base assaults on the test server?  Because testing individual mechanics and how they work is far different from testing to see if the multi billion Nic base is actually defendable now.

No more gamma wipes, please.

Cassius wrote:

Has anyone done any protracted PvP base assaults on the test server?  Because testing individual mechanics and how they work is far different from testing to see if the multi billion Nic base is actually defendable now.

No more gamma wipes, please.

nope, its very unlikely anyone tested this, because the only group that could have done that, would not tell about their findings, and they declared already several times that they have no interest in doing such a coordinated effort.

the only effort i had seen so far on PTS, have been "how many (bugged) missile turrets can i put on a hill"
since there was no way to get closer then 1200m to those 2km range missiles (masked) i doubt there was any realistic way to breach such a base, except draining is energy pool empty.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

31 (edited by Burial 2014-09-13 15:50:30)

In the name of testing, postpone it! I don't want to miss ArcheAge's release either.

Release it now, I missed the Arch landrush

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Zoom wrote:

I can't help but think that there is some hidden agenda here.

So you guys consider it normal that changes are not tested because they are labeled as bugfixes?

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I can't help but think that there is some hidden agenda here.

So you guys consider it normal that changes are not tested because they are labeled as bugfixes?

Yes.

PHM/CIR are the only corporation that is going to be building on Gamma right away upon release anyway. I say let them test everything on the live Server and if we have to wipe Gamma again, it only really affects them. So LETS DO THIS!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

PHM/CIR are the only corporation that is going to be building on Gamma right away upon release anyway. I say let them test everything on the live Server and if we have to wipe Gamma again, it only really affects them. So LETS DO THIS!

+1

AGHEM..  Not going to say I told you so.. but God Damn....

We're looking into emergency phases, this is how it should work:

Every time the terminal goes into emergency mode, this counter decreases, and every time a phase passes without emergency, the counter increases. (More specifically, if a terminal comes out of an emergency phase, and the defenders can keep it from entering emergency again in the 2-hour vulnerable window, the counter will increase after those 2 hours. After that, if the terminal is not attacked and taken into emergency, the counter will increase only after 2 days, if it's not already at maximum.)

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2012-07-18

It's possible that the 2-hour part is not working, we're not sure yet.

Well obviously its not.

please fix, the enemy is demoralizing us with videos

41 (edited by Ville 2014-10-13 03:46:14)

Just a quick Summary:

Artifacts in the Water - Check.
Mineral fields in the Water - Check.
No Plants - Check.
NPCs doing the harlem shake - Check.
Structures didn't regain emergency timers after defense - Check.

Energy Wells leaving a small chunk of minerals in the field - Pending.
And the Log for Events in Colony Management is not functioning - Pending.

Ville wrote:

And the Log for Events in Colony Management is not functioning - Pending.

Even if you click refresh?

No he didn't click refresh....

I am Perpetuum.

I clicked refresh multiple times, closed and opened the colony manager.  Restarted my PC, installed the game client again, checked with my ISP, rebooted my modem.  Reformatted the hard drive installed windows XP through 8 and even called a service tech out.  Still didn't work.  Ps.  I submitted a ticket too w/ screenshot.

Try standing on head.  That will work...sure of it.   

If not your doing it wrong, thus user error.

I am Perpetuum.

I was kidding...

You didn't click refresh did you?

I am Perpetuum.

what actually do you want to see in those logs?

The agent who put a structure in reinforcement.  Or atlesst the final shot of the players corp.

bombs probably wont show up on your logs... or does a killmail show the owner of a plasmabomb that killed you?