Topic: Increase Masking While Immobile

For example, you want to keep an eye on a mining location but be able to maximize your ability to be close before being detected. Once you stop moving your masking will slowly climb to +15% over 5 minutes.

Risk being you can no longer head towards an exit and if you are detected by a scout and you dont see them then they can easily have a squad come to kill you and you didnt know they were even coming.

Benifits are pretty obvious, makes it interesting to try and design a battle before it happens and gives more powers to the patient small gang.

Re: Increase Masking While Immobile

terrible

fit a masker or dont fit a masker, that is the way

I think I like it tbh

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

They have trouble getting plants to grow, and mineral fields not being in the middle of the ocean, this is WAY to complex to put in this game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

How do players come up with such terrible ideas?

I am Perpetuum.

Given: I can't read DEV Alf's mind.

An across-the-board increase to all sorts of capabilities (masking, detection, locking time, damage, critical chance) attached to immobility or near-immobility for a period of time would be reasonable, if Alf wanted Perpetuum's combat to work a bit more like real-world combat.

As it is, there's a lot more motion in Perpetuum's battles (which is cool), and a lot less prepared positions (which is perhaps not cool).

Would it be fun if we had an 'entrenching module', that decreased speed greatly when active, increased a wide array of capabilities slightly (including masking) when active, and took a fairly long time (maybe on the order of 45s) to spin up?

We've actually pondered a similar concept a while ago, which would be about different robot states, like traveling mode (fast speed but practically no combat capabilities), combat mode (like it is currently), slow/stealth mode (lower speed, masking/accuracy increase), some sort of recovery mode (complete stop, but vastly increased masking and repair/recharge).

8 (edited by Annihilator 2014-10-13 18:36:47)

*edit: Off topic. - DEV Zoom

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

how the hell was my previous post offtopic?

DEV Zoom wrote:

We've actually pondered a similar concept a while ago, which would be about different robot states, like traveling mode (fast speed but practically no combat capabilities), combat mode (like it is currently), slow/stealth mode (lower speed, masking/accuracy increase), some sort of recovery mode (complete stop, but vastly increased masking and repair/recharge).

while your pondering those concepts... when will we get the next blog about the promised bot changes?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I like the concept.

On an other note, we were promised a monthly blog, just a reminder smile

RIP PERPETUUM

11 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-14 00:28:56)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sounds interesting. Too bad there are so many other things need a coding. Perhaps we'll see something like that ~someday~ with new bots, new mods, new robot classes (siege/destroyer) and the eventual colixium-based manufacturing requirements.

Meanwhile how bout PVE Revamp and dem Sparks on Beta ...remove.

Celebro wrote:

On an other note, we were promised a monthly blog, just a reminder smile

Yeah

Sparking to other games

monthly blog is due in 4 days

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

I would like the ability to raise my signal masking by lowering my speed. I am not that interested at the 0 point.

hmm, the stuff zoom lists are the basic mechanics in many RPG games

out-of-combat health regeneration
walk (normal speed), run (faster travel with a kind of backdrop), crawl (hiding, higher accuracy, etc.)

now if he had mentioned "short range hover mode to traverse impassable terrain",
that could have been translated to "jumping"

Booster legs to jump across water and impassable terrain smile

Pew

I would like the ability to raise or lower terribleness.

Lol

DEV Zoom wrote:

ponder some more on this idea please smile

From the O.P. i'd like to know if mining counts at immobile.  I'm talking completely stationary except for modules and the occasional drag and drop to a can (which doesn't require movement to do typically).

-Ensi

I retract my terrible idea sentiment.

This is now a good idea and needs to be done.

I am Perpetuum.

+1 to Zoom and Ville

As Ensi pointed out: what modules would void zoom's 'stasis' or ville's 'stealth' mode?
I think that would address any mis/balancing this could introduce.

Regardless it would add more dimension to pvp and pve.

modules being active stop molecular instability when teleporting, so they should provide a small amount of non-stealtyness. 

if moving at max bot speed, no stealth; if moving at partial speeds, some stealth; if sitting still but running modules, very good stealth; if sitting doing noting, max stealth.

25 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-02 21:04:44)

Switch plates bonus demob resistance to stealth bonus, game is balanced again.

RIP PERPETUUM