Topic: REQUEST: Troiar guide

I have been gone for 1 year.
I have 100k EP to spend, and i have a troiar.

How would you spend this?
Please guide me. I realize at end game theres several uses for each bot depending on fit and exakt spec but given that i only have 100k i am basically going to be doing the same thing "first" regardless what i choose to specialize as in months to come.

So if im right and the first 100k (and maybe more?) EP is basically the same no matter what novelty EP/fit combo you want for endgame,could you show me this cookie cutter ,bread and butter, first layer of a cake, etc etc..
How to spend the first 100k?

Pretty please,with chinese. smile

Re: REQUEST: Troiar guide

do you have 100k EP above what you had when you stopped playing, or is that everything you have because you have used one of the last account resets?

cookie cutter trojar has masking 10 and Spec ops 10, ontop of maxed shield and accumulator skills.

Depending on your combat role, your a king at demobbing or neutralizing... with the respective extensions.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Dirt in eye 2012-06-10 18:21:47)

100k EP is all i have with about 20k EP spent in basic robotics and spec ops(for 120k total EP on the agent/account). Thats it though. Just looking at wich skills are most essential to raise first and how high (taking key skills to 10 right away with only 100k total EP would leave me completly exposed in too many areas). Im thinking important skills i take to 5-9 ranging from how much they matter.

Its just that i dont really know,aside from generally,what i specifically really need to focus on..
Thanks though for the initial response smile

Basically wich skills and in what order of importance do i prioritize them,and at my level of EP available what extension level should i be shooting for when raising the most important extensions,the semi important ones, and bonus ones.

I realize you cant do this step by step,point by point,but can give me some pointers,tips and help me get enough knowledge that i can make a decision that will not label me a *** when someone a month from now checks my EP allocation. wink

get into a wapish, to make money, and avoid the trioar unless you want to make pvp your main income.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I have a main account this is going to be my troiar account. Main account is also just reactivated but im more familiar with it as its straight up combat no e-war,wich to me looks like math or hieroglyphics when i try to get a grip on it atm smile

6 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-11 20:04:02)

Dirt in eye wrote:

I have a main account this is going to be my troiar account. Main account is also just reactivated but im more familiar with it as its straight up combat no e-war,wich to me looks like math or hieroglyphics when i try to get a grip on it atm smile

Green is best  at energy warfare, so neutralizers and drainers and convergent electrostatics.. but you need accumulator and energy management and long range ewar and long range targeting and accelerated target locking etc etc as well and the neut/drainer specific extensions are insanely expensive.  Shield skills of course as was already mentioned and you will need a LOT of fitting skills because ewar bots don't have enough cpu/reactor without them (and I mean like data proc 9 or 10 reactor 9 or 10 and all the relevant optimized/economical skills at 5 at least)

The energy skills are things you can use for other bots too though.  To quote someone who pilots an Ictus MK2 that I know, when I asked how much EP he thought I would need for a new pilot to be good with an Ictus he said 330k+.

If you're gonna stay in lights get basic robotics 10, if you're gonna get mechs or higher get advanced robotics 10 you will need those and they help the most bonus-wise.

In the end though, no one can tell you how to spend your EP because no one knows your play style and what you like to do as intimately as you do.

EDIT:  Of course, there a lot of old experienced corps with old experienced pvpers who would be glad to take on another ewar pilot in training I'm sure; I'm pretty certain CIR would.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

7 (edited by Liu Xiao Tsun 2012-06-12 09:37:47)

Thats funny cause i am in CIR i was just using my forum alt. smile

Thanks alot for the advice. I decided on a slightly different direction to begin with, and will probobly not mech up for a long,long time with this account and instead focus on getting all the e-war related skills to their ideal levels wether that be 7-9 or 10 in some cases. Then ill hoard  EP untill i can get atleast advanced robotics 8 before touching an ictus.

Once i step foot in it i want each step to rock n roll! smile

Got alot of help of course within the corp but im impatient and live in the EU timezone and the man i was looking for specifically for this does not so i came to the forums for aid.

PS hello Crep smile
(Main character,Macavity)

1. join corp
2. iktus
3. gropho

9 (edited by Twinkie 2012-06-18 17:07:20)

You would an ok LOL tackle troiar mk1 with that level of EP if you had super secret CIR fittings.

In all seriousness though, green needs a metric *** of EP to start being effective.

Train up robotics, improved shield, energy management, accumulator expansion, fitting skills for tackle.

For energy warfare (this needs way more EP) train all of the above plus convergent electrostatics, long range engineering, improved energy neutralization (get them to at least 5)

How high do I need my e-war skills for the Ictus to start going on pvp squads? 6-7?

Misslefury wrote:

How high do I need my e-war skills for the Ictus to start going on pvp squads? 6-7?

since the ictus uses zero EWAR skills...

oh, eventually you want to fit a high level ECCM, for that you should have optimized electronic warfare to lower its CPU costs.

you should focus on shield and obviously neuting / draining (EnWar)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I meant the neuting/draining type of ewar skills and what should the shield skills be at as well?

Annihilator wrote:
Misslefury wrote:

since the ictus uses zero EWAR skills...

oh, eventually you want to fit a high level ECCM, for that you should have optimized electronic warfare to lower its CPU costs.

you should focus on shield and obviously neuting / draining (EnWar)

Ville wrote:

you need to be more specific:

if you join PHM you can walk your Ictus into PvP no matter your extensions, at least you need to be able to fully fit T4. You will have enough mk2 heavies around you to get your presenece on the killer-list in killmails, without appearing on the victim list.

if your not in PHM and have to face them... don't expect to do anything significant before exploding

Thanks for the compliment, props to our FCs though and Gunner.  Gunner hands down best ewar pilot in game.

16 (edited by Lobo 2014-10-14 10:29:56)

Ville wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, props to our FCs though and Gunner.  Gunner hands down best ewar pilot in game.

Watch out im teaching him to mash spacebar

Nice necro power you must have necromancy lvl 10

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d