26 (edited by Jasmoba 2014-10-11 19:59:44)

Re: Really, just add a cool down.

It should be Faction Base if you really wanna stop the current problem

1) 1 spark in alpha, beta, and gamma.  Faction base you can only choose 1 path.  This should stop having all alpha 2 because from alpha 2 is very simple to reach a beta

2) Each spark will only unlock if you have certain relation.  Relation 2 for first spark Relation 4 for second spark and 6 for third spark

3) In order to unlock all 3 sparks you have to level your relation with that faction. 

4) You can only have one path at the time.  IF you already level all factions to 6 you can only choose 3 sparks same faction no mixing.

5) Spark extension to be remove and EP refunded.  No more point base spark system just 3 ports and done

I don't see anything fixing this problem 100%.  I have 4 accounts combat capable so if sparks get nerf i can still park an agent in different places.  Many of us have more than just 4 accounts regardless of your political stand.

By using relations at least will make ppl 1) use mission system 2) got something to do

Of course because my corp tag nothing mentioned above works for the game

The current problem is there is nobody playing this game & interested enough in a station to capture one.

How did ND get a station? They cared more about getting it then we cared about keeping it.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'd be happy with sparks being tied to relation and faction as long as that happens after the mission buff smile

Jasmoba wrote:

It should be Faction Base if you really wanna stop the current problem

1) 1 spark in alpha, beta, and gamma.  Faction base you can only choose 1 path.  This should stop having all alpha 2 because from alpha 2 is very simple to reach a beta

2) Each spark will only unlock if you have certain relation.  Relation 2 for first spark Relation 4 for second spark and 6 for third spark

3) In order to unlock all 3 sparks you have to level your relation with that faction. 

4) You can only have one path at the time.  IF you already level all factions to 6 you can only choose 3 sparks same faction no mixing.

5) Spark extension to be remove and EP refunded.  No more point base spark system just 3 ports and done

I don't see anything fixing this problem 100%.  I have 4 accounts combat capable so if sparks get nerf i can still park an agent in different places.  Many of us have more than just 4 accounts regardless of your political stand.

By using relations at least will make ppl 1) use mission system 2) got something to do

Of course because my corp tag nothing mentioned above works for the game

Absent mind numbing relation grinding I think RACE restricted sparks is an acceptable compromise to Power Projection. Only have access to 1/3 of the map at a time. And if you want your alts fielding the other races so be it, don't access your main Gamma resources and outposts.

Sparking to other games

Syndic wrote:

The current problem is there is nobody playing this game & interested enough in a station to capture one.

How did ND get a station? They cared more about getting it then we cared about keeping it.

Beta Incentives Issue is nothing new. Nor should it be ignored forever.

Significant reason people don't come to Beta is that they will be stomped in minutes with Sparks. Once station is captured owner can walk away.

Limit sparks and add small activity to SAP defense AUTO POINT ACCUMULATION. It won't change Beta overnight but a month of dealing with SAP timers and NINJA SAP offensive will bore a Dominating Power into a Region it wants, rather than the whole Damn map.

I don't necessarily think it will increase PvP in short run. But more likely than now others will venture to Beta for to be roamed. If it does not work how much harm could it do?

What will be hurt?

Sparking to other games

Without an incentive or reason, it doesn't matter in the slightest what the intrusion system is like because nobody will bother since... it's not worth it.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It is a truly great thing to see everyone in the community come together and say that this is a issue, and a major problem.

We, together, have met Zooms requirements of "everyone must say so for change to happen". 

Hear us Zoom.  This needs fixed.  Simple fix, add a cool down.

I am Perpetuum.

Dev Zoom wrote:

Even those who play the game much more often than me can't reach a consensus so I don't see how this is relevant.

Ville wrote:

1 hr cooldown is beyond fair.

Goffer wrote:

+1 for beta/gamma
atm we need this badly for alpha
and I see no real abuse on alpha

Edit And I see a reason for cooldown, but 1h or 4h seems too much. 15 min would be fine thought

Jasdemi wrote:

1 hour limitation is good. No longer.

I am Perpetuum.

remove sparks

we dont need them

Add cool downs and make sparking and travel really difficult if you want to further give an edge to vets with 5+combat accounts.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I'm +1 on the cooldown idea, always have been. It's the next best thing to an undock timer after sparking that I suggested nearly a year ago, that the devs said no about because they don't want you to have to sit somewhere and wait.

Perpetuum wrote:

Just add a cool down timer.

Its not that hard, nor is it rocket science.  But please keep coming up with complicated ways to further entangle the issue.

24 hours would work.   No...No it will work.

* Spark Telleporting *
30-60Min for any Alpha 1 island
6-8Hours for any Alpha 2 island
20-24 Hours for Beta / Gamma 

If you want us all to agree, we already do.  I speak for all 25 people still currently playing with me.  It tickles and feels all good inside.

Edit: Amended * by these are not the droids you are looking for *

Gunner, this is just as bad as your RMT ALERT thread.

There I said it.

Lay off the coffee

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Cooldowns are terrible.  I prefer fewer sparks than 1 hr CD.   Just imagine if you forgot something and can't go back lol

Given that fights happen three times a week at most how effective would a cool down be really. It just makes it annoying to get back, not a problem to be wherever you need to be.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I'm for removing all sparks too but I can see why a gamma holder might not be happy with that so I'll stick by what I said to zoom.

One gamma spark, one alpha spark.

Says the guy who owns no betas.....

I could live with no alpha or gamma but keep my beta sparks.

Is there a possible way it could be 2 alphas and 1 gamma, or 2 betas and 1 gamma. If you choose a beta you lose your alphas and vice-versa.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

The balance of any mechanic in game shouldn't be around people with multiple accounts, rather, around single bots working in tandem.   

If we start to go down that balance route, how many accounts is acceptable?  5, 10, 7? 

I still see no one arguing against that sparks are completely broken, right now we have two sides.

Completely remove them, or add in a cool down of sorts. 

We have already had a first balance pass, resulting in very little change.

I am Perpetuum.

I hear talk of, if I spark here or there, what if I forget something?

Were starting to get into the general games design.  Do the Dev's, or players, want open and free movement across thousands of KM of land mass without any draw backs? 

Why is the player sparking there in the first place?  For PVP, PVE, it must be one or the other.  So next question to answer the first, why do you need to NOT stay there for 20hours to complete your task?
Can you not already use a mobile tele to get across the game map very quickly as it is, more so with the speed increase?

We know, us within the holding alliance of most of the outposts, what this would attempt to curb.  Massive alliances holding land that they dont use, easily.

This is a change FOR the new players, restricting asset movement, and spreading out PVP characters of our, larger more player rich alliance.

I am Perpetuum.

Jasmoba wrote:

Cooldowns are terrible.  I prefer fewer sparks than 1 hr CD.   Just imagine if you forgot something and can't go back lol

Well, the answer to that is - Don't *** forget anything. Besides, what's there to forget? It's not like you're taking anything with you when you spark anyways. There should be some sort of commitment from the player for the privilege of using fast travel. I certainly don't think requiring you, the player, to make sure you've done everything you need to do before you spark is too much to ask.

Doesn't matter to me, I have three combat Alts and they can be where they need to be.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

So anything related to combat balance you are stepping aside from, as per you have more then enough alts to offset any game balance?

I am Perpetuum.

I prepared for Spark cooldowns years ago.  So did many others.  You should have seen it when it was 10 Sparks to ANYWHERE in the world.  We need more land mass with Gamma, but I think the Devs are waiting on Gamma islands for the idea of Server Rental space, no need renting another panel or servers if players aren't going to use it.

Chicken or egg then.

Short term, fix the problem.  Not too hard.

I am Perpetuum.

I love watching the internal conflict here. The shame Ville! Thinking it is me. I like my teleports! And my sparks!

UT OHH.. A actual dissenter within the CIR group. Amazing :-D I am going to pull out the popcorn on this one!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Maidden wrote:

I love watching the internal conflict here. The shame Ville! Thinking it is me. I like my teleports! And my sparks!

UT OHH.. A actual dissenter within the CIR group. Amazing :-D I am going to pull out the popcorn on this one!

What are you talking about?  You think the guy who names a forum poster after the game is part of CIR?  Or is that the persona you wish us to think it is?  That guy is clearly not part of CIR, because in the partnership of equals you are free to believe anything you want to believe.  And no one in our Alliance needs to hide behind the Annon O Mooose Tag.

Ville wrote:
Maidden wrote:

What are you talking about?  You think the guy who names a forum poster after the game is part of CIR?  Or is that the persona you wish us to think it is?  That guy is clearly not part of CIR, because in the partnership of equals you are free to believe anything you want to believe.  And no one in our Alliance needs to hide behind the Annon O Mooose Tag.

First the OP said he is part of your alliance.
Second, you may even ask Zoom if the OP is me. It is not!
Third, No one in your alliance hides behind a alt?  As far as you know!

Back to the fun now..Need chocolate!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War