1 (edited by Perpetuum 2014-10-11 02:53:02)

Topic: Really, just add a cool down.

Just add a cool down timer.

Its not that hard, nor is it rocket science.  But please keep coming up with complicated ways to further entangle the issue.

24 hours would work.   No...No it will work.

* Spark Telleporting *
30-60Min for any Alpha 1 island
6-8Hours for any Alpha 2 island
20-24 Hours for Beta / Gamma 

If you want us all to agree, we already do.  I speak for all 25 people still currently playing with me.  It tickles and feels all good inside.

Edit: Amended * by these are not the droids you are looking for *

I am Perpetuum.

Re: Really, just add a cool down.

I got 45 people in teamspeak saying "f*ck dat no cooldown"

Sup

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

This is why I have to use a alt to post here, as I would probably get kicked out. 

We already own everything, because of sparks. 

No need to throw them out, just make them less useful.

I am Perpetuum.

I'm having a psychic revelation about your main. It is telling me who you are. The weird thing is the letters are stretched beyond recognition, it's like the mass of you is distorting the type. The shear weight is bending space and time until reality becomes make believe and until being a baptist youth preacher is the same as being a racist homophobic harasser determined to wash the sins from his gargantuan hide with th blood of the alphabet.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Why are you attempting to attack my character, and your beloved game?  Zoom can see who I truly am, and he does respect. 

Everyone hates this idea, but in the back of there head they truly know it solves all the problems.  If you go to where ever your spark is, it can be for a kill, gank or opperation. (Reward)  It had just better be a prolonged one, as your stuck ( Risk).

I am Perpetuum.

Jita wrote:

I'm having a psychic revelation about your main. It is telling me who you are. The weird thing is the letters are stretched beyond recognition, it's like the mass of you is distorting the type. The shear weight is bending space and time until reality becomes make believe and until being a baptist youth preacher is the same as being a racist homophobic harasser determined to wash the sins from his gargantuan hide with th blood of the alphabet.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of this *** Tracy!  Lol

Oh and -1. Walking sucks.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

7 (edited by Perpetuum 2014-10-11 02:18:17)

Walking sucks, pre speed increase.

Walking sucks, pre moble tele...err...nevermind

Both are against this critical endeavor to fix the actual problem, sadly I cannot do this in the open I must use anonymity so that no official action is taken against me.

I am Perpetuum.

And the reason why we own what we do is simple "we" bring compliment fits, everyone has a role.  We have alts there.  And our efficiency is twice the competitions. We can fight against 2 to 1 odds and win.  Because you can't put a cool down on team work.

Perpetuum wrote:

This is why I have to use a alt to post here, as I would probably get kicked out. 

We?
Get kicked out for being against nerfing sparks?
Guess that evil CIR77 demands it's minions follow lockstep and you're proof, eh?

NO propaganda alt here. Oh no. Keep posting.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

We?
Get kicked out for being against nerfing sparks?
Guess that evil CIR77 demands it's minions follow lockstep and you're proof, eh?

NO propaganda alt here. Oh no. Keep posting.

+1 Gunner and Rex hate sparks.

Listen Kaz or Maidden or who ever your main is, if we want it, we just move our group next to your territory and attack.  Look at what your doing now, attacking Dom, while Kents being hit.  If sparks go bye bye.  Guess where you are?  That's right stuck defending or attacking on the other side of the map...

Rex on topic my man!  Its ok to not push just your ideas, and let others shine with in your own circle of influence.

I understand your hate for sparks and the entire system itself.  Sadly I am not as bold, nor am I in the "In" group that is aloud to make these statements.

Rex Amelius wrote:

You're right that nerfing sparks will not change attitudes or aggressiveness in pvp playstyles. It only makes it harder for dominating power to be everywhere ...and thats the whole *** point. The idea is to open up Beta to more people not change their playstyles or make them more effective pvpers. Otherwise Beta is only available to the very strongest. What kind of *** up game is that for all but the very strongest?

Sparks are broken so bad that the game is broken with it. Aside from the PVE disaster it's the single worst problem in the game.

Were on the same team. 

Ville wrote:

Need a cool down 1 hour or 4 hour.   Being round the world in 60 seconds is bad.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … teleports/

I am Perpetuum.

Gunner's with me!

Gunner wrote:

EVE has 24 hour timers on clone hopping and this game as 0 second timers and you can place 10 clones.

EVE had it right from the start.

There is still a kill yourself to medical clone option, but really..

It's ridiculous and it is the way it is because of concessions to players.

I can be anywhere I need to be with eight account and 10 locations each.

It needs to be fixed, somehow.

The 10 people left that are playing this game just abuse the mechanic for missions and PvP related moving etc.

fix it

thx

I would be happy with 1 hour, even a half hour.      or    PvP = 30 minute wait

anything ---

I am Perpetuum.

Ville wrote:

@Zoom food for thought.  Name one pvp MMO that let's plays instantly travel across the entire world without a cool down?

Zero?
I think I'm right.  I think.

Don't doubt, about the fears of mine of disagreeing with the winners.  It tends to get you on the blacklists, just look at STC.  I would rather make Nic in saftly then deal with the hardships.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Rex on topic my man!  Its ok to not push just your ideas, and let others shine with in your own circle of influence.

I understand your hate for sparks and the entire system itself.  Sadly I am not as bold, nor am I in the "In" group that is aloud to make these statements.

Dont make me vomit. "In" crowd? I guess that's why you never see me on TS, because I only go to the "in" channel lol

Perpetuum wrote:

Were on the same team.

I don't team up with cowards.

Sparking to other games

Not a peep of for or against.

I will just assume you stand by your remarks nearly a year ago and stand with me in anonymity.

I am Perpetuum.

remove all sparks, they are crap

basically, disallowed other players from having any chance in this game

I appreciate you standing by your idea's Supremacy.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Ville wrote:

@Zoom food for thought.  Name one pvp MMO that let's plays instantly travel across the entire world without a cool down?

Zero?
I think I'm right.  I think.

Don't doubt, about the fears of mine of disagreeing with the winners.  It tends to get you on the blacklists, just look at STC.  I would rather make Nic in saftly then deal with the hardships.

ArcheAge Lets you travel across the world without a cooldown.  So there is atleast 1.

It depends what sparks were intended to do in the first place.   

I like having multiple home bases for multiple operations.  If I plan to setup a multiple day operation in shin - for say farming theo fragments - then reconfiguring spark teleports to do so is a worthwhile feature as I still can maintain my primary presence in Hersh.  If that was the intention of sparks then perhaps setting a limitation on how often you can delete / create new spark teleports rather than a cooldown for using them. 

If they were intended to allow a player to have 'presence' all over the perp universe at a moment's notice then I'd say they're doing their job.

I'm for removing all sparks too but I can see why a gamma holder might not be happy with that so I'll stick by what I said to zoom.

One gamma spark, one alpha spark.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

This is the sensible solution without throwing anyone under the bus.

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

This is the sensible solution without throwing anyone under the bus.

an acceptable bandaid until gamma content patch.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I just love looking at the ingame map ... makes what was said about sparks OH SO long ago justified.

+1 for spark cooldown.

But -9000 for devs putting in a badly thought out mechanic AGAIN smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

terrible idea

Jita wrote:

I'm for removing all sparks too but I can see why a gamma holder might not be happy with that so I'll stick by what I said to zoom.