Topic: carry costs

People have hoarding instincts, and they're given free expression in games - for example: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … esomeToUse

I don't know, but corps might act like they have hoarding instincts even stronger than players. Maybe people feel good about dumping their stuff into corp coffers ("helping the group") and/or are a little slow to pull from the corp coffers ("that's group property").

If everyone in an economy is a saver, then you get recessions. Maybe we could have carry costs to curb hoarding and get the economy going faster?

"Due to a Syndicate accounting oversight, the Syndicate has been providing many millions of kilogram / months of lossless storage to Agents for free. From now on, it will cost X NIC per kilogram per month to store items in Syndicate terminals. Unpaid accounts will still retain access to their items, but they will be lossy-compressed.

With modern checksums, often 75% of lossy-compressed commodities are recoverable, and equipment damaged by lossy compression can of course be repaired in the usual Syndicate repair facility."

Re: carry costs

what a shameless plot to make CIR and PHM lose all their stuff they have been hoarding over the years (i hear someone complained about issues with the maxium stack size of ores)

i would never ask to do something like that! fuuu

(*hint* signature )

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear