Topic: Why I joined PHM. Story of a newbie.

Greetings,

I'm Kayin. My account is about 2.5 months old at this point and I consider myself a newbie.  I'm actually a game dev for another market of games (aren't we all). I work from home about 50% of the time so you can usually find me mining whilst working. Feel free to shoot me a message (or just shoot at me). I'm a social guy as several of you have probably discovered by now. smile

As a social gamer I've interacted with several of the corps in game before running into PHM and most of the guys online are fairly friendly. The only exception are the scarab miners from the Cons who would yell at me if I came near them.  I started playing this game with 3 other people. 2 have stopped playing for life reasons. The 3rd and I found ourselves on our own and needed to finally ally up. It's just not very efficient to play the game by ourselves.  We ended up joining PHM who are considered the 'bad guys' by the general population of the server.  We had 2 simple criteria for signing up.  These will be in doubt so I'll give examples.

1. They were the friendliest to us before we joined the corp. 

I was actually ganked several times by them while ninja-mining / wandering around beta. They were the only alliance that fought me. I don't consider this unfriendly. I was on beta. I knew damn well where I was going and what I was doing. Despite that, they were cool about it. There was no rubbing it in my face. There was no calling me a newb and pointing fingers, etc.  When I approached them asking for advice they gave it. One member was even kind enough to go above and beyond actually helping us perform a task. That leads me to my 2nd reason.

2. They are willing to play the game WITH us.

I tried several times to engage independent players, other newbies, and several people from other corps to go and do something together in the game. Whether it was mining on alpha, ninja mining on beta, PVE or trying to engage in PVP. Nobody would except PHM (and company).

My only real frustration with this game is the lack of interaction. This is a sandbox MMO and nobody plays together or seem to have an interest in working together.

Again I'm a social guy. I've spoken to several of you about how we see this game evolving. The community can drive a lot of fun from this game but it requires working together to help achieve a common end goal that I think many of us share.

I'm absolutely in favor of putting together community events like maybe battle arenas with sponsored rewards where we can actually set the rules for a 'civilized' aka. controlled PVP combat.  I don't have the authority in PHM to negotiate any of our assets but if the server wants to get together and have a friendly competition where we offer up like a Seth MK2 or something as a community prize then hell I'll contribute out of my own stash what I can to that reward to see it happen.

To the newbies:
Missions can be difficult without much EP. If you want some help running something or want to get together a small group to like a lvl 3 special mission, shoot me a message. Hell I'll run a beacon with you on alpha.  Honestly I'm up for just about anything - so long as it doesn't force me to betray my corp.  Perhaps that alone disqualifies me from what you want to do. That's cool too. Group up and form corp that actually wants to play this game and come at me (bro). Become a force to reckon with. I'd love to see you out on the battlefield regardless of who's the victor.  Again, PHM jumped me multiple times before I joined them. I don't hold grudges. It's all good. (NIC isn't real)

To the other corps:
Honestly I <3 you guys. I don't know or follow much of the drama going on these forums or in gen chat. That's on purpose. I really don't care much about the drama. I just want to play this game as I really think most newbies do. As you guys really should too. Please take this post to heart. If any of you had met those criteria early on then I'd be writing this post toting you instead of PHM.

-K

Re: Why I joined PHM. Story of a newbie.

tl:dr after the PHM propaganda started roll

You can have Recruiting rights if you want.  Also Download ArcheAge =P

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Take note other corps. 

Just play the game with people and they stick around.

All the people who want this game to do better...try playing, try engaging new players, try helping them out...it goes a long way.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Thread delivers!

Smokeyii wrote:

Thread delivers!

Shouldn't you be busy running from CIR in perp and archeage?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

hmm,
good that you found a place where you belong to.

though, the post reads itself a bit like an ad for a fitness center or a "religious" community

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

All hail glorious CEO.  Glorious CEO save us... Oh what?  Damn that koolaid was bitter.

we even gave him his own squad!

hows that for awesome?

Slurp, slurp, slobber, slobber!

all your ore belong to phm

Who's alt is this?

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Inda 2014-10-07 20:41:40)

Good to see this topic/thread in the "delete spark", "game dead" jungle ! big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Celebro wrote:

Who's alt is this?

IP traffic shows "regular gifted account" wink

no matter who he is, he beats Siddy as Roleplayer No.1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Is this the part where I post a picture of my man boobs with a timestamp sign?

You and Ville could have a manboob off

It was actually a bit to long to read, but I think I got the essence.

Im passionate about killing you in PHM and your friends in CIR and 77, but on many occasions we think about the game in general and try to help out as much as possible. One of the best communities in that sense imo. Theres that little thing in the back of all leaders and vets head, "need to help the community" smile

You literally have no idea.

Ville wrote:

You literally have no idea.

Youre saying that to me or to OP?

To you.

Ville wrote:

To you.

268 by sunday, ***!

Yeah... *** me..

Да вы все хороши, пока спите зубами к стенке.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Least its not Nose to Anus?

Ville wrote:

Yeah... *** me..

Nice little lapdoggy.