Topic: What are the primary nic sources?

I'm told mining and harvesting are the primary sources of raw commodities such as titan ore.

Are assignment rewards the primary source of nic, or is it syndicate buy orders, or robot insurance?

If it is buy orders, are plasma buy orders the dominant source of nic, or is it something else that I haven't heard of?

Re: What are the primary nic sources?

Grinding NPCs for hours on end till your eyeballs bleed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

mining, if yourdoing it multiboxing afk, eventually with macro support,
or fearless mining epriton on beta.

assignments are a grind, and the reward is more in those syndicate tokens then the actual nic (tokens can be used to buy beacons, which you can then farm to get lots of stuff you can make to nic)

or else, the money is in grinding lots of plasma

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-08 21:58:46)

He's not asking how to make nic, he asked "Where does the nic come from" The main source before was mission payout, although there were some npc buy orders in the beginning. Now we also have the npc plasma buy orders generating nic as well.

And yes, Plasma is by far the best way to generate pure nic.

Another fact for you, NPC buy orders are higher on beta for plasma.

Thanks!

Searching, I found this old changelog: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-08-25 that suggests that the devs have some intended income rate - plasma per minute of pve combat or something.

Do you have any speculation what that rate might be? Is 100 plasma per minute low? is 1000 plasma per minute high?

6 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-08 22:10:13)

Who knows what their intention might have been, but it's all relative to be honest. Are you in a max skilled heavy mk2 combat with a heavy mk2 remote repair robot, or in a light bot with starting and t1 gear? Are you killing npcs at a spawn, or doing beacons?

Just to give you an example, JOKE corp a few months ago with 6 mk2 heavy combats and 6 remote reps with nexus support were doing about a million (edit* I think it was 100k not a million) plasma an hour on Hershfield at a place that had 3 spawns and we were also running 3 beacons at a time.

You'd have to ask cir/77 how many millions per hour they were getting with the plasma bomb daisy chain on beta, but they nerfed explosion damage from npcs to other npcs causes them to drop no loot.

7 (edited by Annihilator 2014-10-08 22:24:53)

perhaps three years ago they had an idea for an income rate - but i doubt they have ever monitored it except for some rare ocassions when something was obviously off (aka someone reported an exploit)

there is a huge gap between the income of a single account using player, to someone using multiple accounts and an even wider gap to a group of multi-account player working together.

until the implementation of beacons, the income rate was limited by the spawn-rate of npcs.
with beacons the limit was how many exploding npcs the server could handle...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear