Topic: Curious what the DEV's thoughts are...

Curious the DEV's opinion on only being able to spark to gamma and betas that your OWN corp owns. Just curious if you have a feeling one way or another.

Initially it seems that the corp that owns it should get the advantage of being able to spark there to defend it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

2 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-07 23:33:06)

Re: Curious what the DEV's thoughts are...

Zoom said they would do that if most would agree, but no poll or feedback has been given after all these discussions.

TBH it all gets obscured with politics and CIR spin.

RIP PERPETUUM

i am more curious about what the DEVs are currently doing at all...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I still like rex's idea of one spark on beta/alpha/gamma. Having a built in spark for each terminal placed would be kind of op

This would be in conjunction with current spark restrictions, or Rex's idea, doesn't matter. This is just an additional restriction on spark locations. Just curious what the DEV's think of it. i.e. Not a big concern, don't see it makes any difference, too difficult to program, something else planned, etc...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I still like the Mechanics already in game.

1 Alpha 2 = 2 points,
1 Beta = 3 Points(5)
1 Gamma = 2 Points(7)

So basically only leaves 3 points...sooo.... 1 extra Beta?  Assuming your skill is at 10?  So your 1 Alpha, 1 Beta, and 1 Gamma idea is like having the skill at 7...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

OP we'd all like to know what Zoom's thoughts are but he does not really seem all that interested in sharing ...ever.

Celebro wrote:

Zoom said they would do that if most would agree, but no poll or feedback has been given after all these discussions.

If you have a quote of Zoom saying such I'd like to see it. Last comment I remember from him was something about not being convinced sparks were problem.

Celebro wrote:

TBH it all gets obscured with politics and CIR spin.

Celebro, I like it better when you're being your normal more-objective self. Stay above the spin, which is HARDLY one-sided. The CIR Hater Express long ago derailed from reality.

Sparking to other games

8 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-08 02:10:18)

Gwyndor wrote:

I still like rex's idea of one spark on beta/alpha/gamma. Having a built in spark for each terminal placed would be kind of op

More I think about it, Beta Sparks need to go entirely. The problem is that Home Base 'Blood' Sparks still exist and I want those tied to 'Normal' Sparks to eliminate that extra fake-ass spark (see sig). But I also want to be able to make Home Base on Beta, so ...well dilemma.

I may be changing my whole sig soon as I have fresher ideas on Sparks but they still have holes. Example, I do not see any real issue with having multiple sparks on Alpha I islands (Alpha II gets you more world reach, which I do not want). I also see the rationale for having a couple or few (or more) sparks on Gamma, with other types of restrictions such as only ONE ISLAND or even ONE ISLAND RACE.

I do not see Alpha or Gamma as the real problems. They can still use restrictions, no doubt. It really comes down to Beta. I think those Sparks just have to go.

Sparking to other games

Just get rid of sparks make betas have no lock outs give free epi on undocks and wild nora...

No really look at beta outposts. I know coding is a problem when 1/3 of the devs are only an artist/forum troll. But really beta outpost control needs to be tied to a time spent in area mechanic. Even if its a area passive sap style counter for the land around the outpost.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Rex Amelius wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

More I think about it, Beta Sparks need to go entirely. The problem is that Home Base 'Blood' Sparks still exist and I want those tied to 'Normal' Sparks to eliminate that extra fake-ass spark (see sig). But I also want to be able to make Home Base on Beta, so ...well dilemma.

I may be changing my whole sig soon as I have fresher ideas on Sparks but they still have holes. Example, I do not see any real issue with having multiple sparks on Alpha I islands (Alpha II gets you more world reach, which I do not want). I also see the rationale for having a couple or few (or more) sparks on Gamma, with other types of restrictions such as only ONE ISLAND or even ONE ISLAND RACE.

I do not see Alpha or Gamma as the real problems. They can still use restrictions, no doubt. It really comes down to Beta. I think those Sparks just have to go.

There would be no need for a spark teleport if the game was actually a real 4x sandbox game, and not a themepark without storyline.
NPC factions are next to non-existant except for some names and splitting up themepark mission rewards into three currencies. beeing able to freely teleport between terminals of all three factions without any drawback is as immersion breaking as the fact that shooting other player having no impact on your player <-> NPC relation

what does anyone need to be able to spark around alpha islands? how does that help keeping new player around for more then 3 month? and how does it not prevent any meaningfull implementation of Sandbox PVE?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I would really hate to be the devs of this game. It's like "We want to be able to jump to other stations!" So they put it in, then people are like "Sparks are OP, take them out!"

Pretty much every change we *** about on the forums is one that the community requested at some point, and we want them to take it out again.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

If you were doing that right now then yes I would agree, but as you have a schedule to run (other stuff is taking priority), you could at least minimize the power projection issue by nerfing or removing sparks, which only takes time for you guys to make a decision. This is not political reasoning. Both sides have been trying to tell you this since it was introduced, Ville started this, when STC ruled.

I'm still not convinced that this will help with anything (quite the contrary, I'm expecting even less PvP), but ok.

So how about we disable spark teleports everywhere but Alpha?

@ Rex

RIP PERPETUUM