1 (edited by Cid Jorgumeri 2010-12-30 02:58:59)

Topic: Safe zone looting mechanics

Saw a very clever idea implemented today.  Park a non-flagged sequer with a field can. 
You can now kill people and be secure in the fact that you will not lose your loot, effectively allowing for PVP with no risk of loot loss.  Bonus points if you deploy the setup at a teleporter with a safezone around it.

Suggested fixes, threefold:

1. Disallow field container access if PVP flagged.  Allow an access attempt to reset the container's timer still.

2. To dissuade camping the safe zones in such a manner, have syndicate protection decay on a timer equal to the length of time it takes a disconnected bot to despawn from terrain.  If a player allows their timer to run out in such a fashon, reactivate their materialization timer.

3. Field containers need to be destructible on the beta islands.  -- there can be problems with griefing with this point, i am uncertain how to solve these.  I suppose you could give the cans a large amount of HP  (say, 10000), and/or the costs of cans should be significantly increased.

Your toughts, trolls and trollettes?

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

Re: Safe zone looting mechanics

Addendum to #3: This is really only an issue in conjunction with point 2.  Perhaps only allow container destruction at some interval after its deployer leaves the terrain.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!