Re: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

Ville wrote:

The problem is the veteran power blocks are bloated and fat with all the spoils from past episodes, mainly beacons, it creates a very steep hill for newer corporations to try to compete and learn.  Sadly, it will always be that way for as long as certain people keep logging into the game.

What these developers need to understand is MMOs work a different way for example WOW, you could have farmed your *** off after months of an expansion being out and day 1 of the new expansion the piece of loot you got was better than the piece you spent weeks/months trying to get in a raid....

WE NEED T5 GEAR.  WE NEED MORE ROBOTS.  The light ewar need to have epi removed from them.  Production costs of robots needs to be turned down, similar to how it used to be. 

You need to curve the Vets to give them a reason to login and play

New corporations should be Alpha 2 based -> hitting Beta strategically for pvp and maybe some industry, while Veterans should self sustain a life on Gamma.

Regardless I don't care about Spark teleports, it won't achieve the goal most people think it will.  sad

I agree with you on parts of that post, but we're talking about 3 dudes vs an entire team of 100's of people. What I find to be is that most of the games I'm playing can keep me logging in for a max of around 3 months. Some less than that. Diablo III  has managed to pull me back a few times when they release new content, but the crap they release gives me around 2 weeks or so and then im wore out as they're isn't any depth or challenge to it.

New robots, new pve encounters that require a team of more than me and my remote rep alt (and hopefully with shiny new lewtz think faction stuff!)... that's defiantly *** I'd log in for. Considering how long it's taking for everything the devs have ever put out, it's not likely we'll be seeing that this year.

As for the whole "Veterans should self sustain a life on Gamma" it works great for your alliance, but what about everyone else? Your 3 corps are pretty much the only veterans that play. As you've said the rest of the server can't pull together a force to beat you guys, so should gamma only be for cir/phm/77th then? Anyone that tries now will have to kill one of your bases, and as Jita pointed out will take 9 days to do, of which you only have to show up once to defend. So how is any opponent supposed to do that? Shall we take danger strangers advice and "pull together 15 dudes" like we did this morning? You've run most of our members out of the game, and most I talk to have no interest in playing. I certainly don't.

The only way you or anyone else in this game is going to get any new content in the forsee-able future is if you guys reset and start shooting each other. No one else on the server can fight you guys while you're allied. The fight this morning was just another reminder. Remember the whole "this is a sandbox" thing next time you're complaining about content.

Maidden wrote:

Should read that again.. http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs.cfm/blogId/ … 26382#post

All I can say is ..LOLOLOLOL...

Talk about stuff here spilling over :-D

xpowderx writes:

Gremrod,

Your idea of what poison is truly is remarkable. Developer Zoom wants to remove sparks to help with the power projection issue that exists in game. You and your corporation oppose developer Zooms decision. While the rest of  Perpetuums player base supports that idea.

The reality is your corp fears Zooms decision to do so. Thus a reason of why you and your corp associates think the player base is poisonous. Perhaps towards your corp. But definitely not towards the developers of the game.

So for the average mmo reader who reads here. You now understand what it looks like when a corp and its members go against the game and the player base who support the Developers. All over power projection of that said CORP!

Now thats funny!!!

What I find funny is the fact that I started this thread

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nd-probes/

before making the blog mmorpg post.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

103 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-05 04:40:29)

Shadowmine wrote:

And as to the original post on mmorpg, I just don't see how airing perpetuums dirty laundry on a widely visited gaming site is going to do anything to help this game. Can't say I would be standing in line to play a game that has a community labeled "Toxic".

But I guess I am old school, I don't believe in talking about family problems in public...

I had not heard about EVE Online until I read a post about the GMs favoring a specific group in game and all the fall out from it blah blah blah... and I ended up playing the game for 4 years.....

Its amazing what a bit of front page adverts that aren't boring game banners can do........!

Going on 800 hits now.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Burial wrote:

That's why people call your bloc the autistic bloc.

Better then being the money hugging cry babies. Come on Burial pull out some more mk2 heavies for Joke to lose.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Smokeyii wrote:
Ville wrote:

The problem is the veteran power blocks are bloated and fat with all the spoils from past episodes, mainly beacons, it creates a very steep hill for newer corporations to try to compete and learn.  Sadly, it will always be that way for as long as certain people keep logging into the game.

What these developers need to understand is MMOs work a different way for example WOW, you could have farmed your *** off after months of an expansion being out and day 1 of the new expansion the piece of loot you got was better than the piece you spent weeks/months trying to get in a raid....

WE NEED T5 GEAR.  WE NEED MORE ROBOTS.  The light ewar need to have epi removed from them.  Production costs of robots needs to be turned down, similar to how it used to be. 

New corporations should be Alpha 2 based -> hitting Beta strategically for pvp and maybe some industry, while Veterans should self sustain a life on Gamma.

Regardless I don't care about Spark teleports, it won't achieve the goal most people think it will.  sad

I agree with you on parts of that post, but we're talking about 3 dudes vs an entire team of 100's of people.

15 Dudes.  Not 100s. 15.

As for the whole "Veterans should self sustain a life on Gamma" it works great for your alliance, but what about everyone else? Your 3 corps are pretty much the only veterans that play. As you've said the rest of the server can't pull together a force to beat you guys, so should gamma only be for cir/phm/77th then? Anyone that tries now will have to kill one of your bases, and as Jita pointed out will take 9 days to do, of which you only have to show up once to defend. So how is any opponent supposed to do that? Shall we take danger strangers advice and "pull together 15 dudes" like we did this morning? You've run most of our members out of the game, and most I talk to have no interest in playing. I certainly don't.

Half your corp quit after making the push down the hill and got killed on Norhoop.

The only way you or anyone else in this game is going to get any new content in the forsee-able future is if you guys reset and start shooting each other. No one else on the server can fight you guys while you're allied. The fight this morning was just another reminder. Remember the whole "this is a sandbox" thing next time you're complaining about content.

Not going to happen.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

106 (edited by Ozy 2014-10-05 15:47:50)

Was gone for a bit and just checked killboards. Looks like everything is in splendid order. CIR & Co. is doing well and everyone else is still bad at the game for because they neither have pvp skills nor a sufficient number of heavy mk2 pilots.

Glad to see that this is still resulting in very vibrant PVP across all islands. I am curious though, as there seems to be a distinct lack of pvp on gamma. Did they turn it off on these new and fancy islands, or are people just not allowed to go there (lol).

--

People play to have fun. For some, the fun comes from denying other players fun, and that's ok. Personally, I've stopped having any hopes for the game based on both population and mechanics development and I've uninstalled for the last time months ago.

Cheers, folks.

P.S. Talking about content is kinda amusing. CIR creates its own content and doesn't need anything new, no? Those that think new bots and mods are going to bring people back into the game are pretty foolish, imo., and I kinda hope that the devs don't waste time and money on that kinda naivete.

Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:
Ville wrote:

I agree with you on parts of that post, but we're talking about 3 dudes vs an entire team of 100's of people.

15 Dudes.  Not 100s. 15.

Half your corp quit after making the push down the hill and got killed on Norhoop.

Not going to happen.

First off, my reference to 3 dudes vs teams of 100's is the difference between Perpetuum's devs and WOW that you used in your original post. Not everything I say is about you vile.

2nd, what's your point about getting killed on norhoop? Wasn't cir/77/phm there for that fight? (<-- this part IS about you! YAY). We tried, we lagged/crashed and lost and then you guys started your trolling, and THAT is what drove most of the players that don't play with us out... not the loss.

3rd -- Why not? Give me a serious answer, and no... "because we're pals" isn't going to cut it. You know what you're doing. Explain it to the rest of us, otherwise we've got nothing to conclude other than you're too scaird or you really want to see the game die.

108 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-05 16:27:23)

Smokeyii wrote:
Ville wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

15 Dudes.  Not 100s. 15.

Not going to happen.

First off, my reference to 3 dudes vs teams of 100's is the difference between Perpetuum's devs and WOW that you used in your original post. Not everything I say is about you vile.

2nd, what's your point about getting killed on norhoop? Wasn't cir/77/phm there for that fight? (<-- this part IS about you! YAY). We tried, we lagged/crashed and lost and then you guys started your trolling, and THAT is what drove most of the players that don't play with us out... not the loss.

3rd -- Why not? Give me a serious answer, and no... "because we're pals" isn't going to cut it. You know what you're doing. Explain it to the rest of us, otherwise we've got nothing to conclude other than you're too scaird or you really want to see the game die.

watching you beg and grovel brings me such joy.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

109 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-05 16:33:33)

If you knew me at all you'd know I was doing neither. But watching you try to deflect my evidently pointed questions with petty little words like that,  is entertaining.

Don't look too closely at the pile of turds that is cir/77/phm's coalition, you might make yourself vomit.

110 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-05 16:42:20)

Smokeyii wrote:

If you knew me at all you'd know I was doing neither. But watching you try to deflect my evidently pointed questions with petty little words like that,  is entertaining.

Don't look too closely at the pile of turds that is cir/77/phm's coalition, you might make yourself vomit.

keep begging that a two corp alliance with 10-20 actives in game breaks up to make pvp easier for you.

the problem is on your side not ours. nothing going to change with you guys staying out of game and crying on the forums.  try playing and rebuilding the ruins jita created for you.

oh and keep protesting against toxicity on the forums then spewing pathetic chilidish "mom jokes" in game

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

We're not going to reset.

You can either fight us or you can go play diablo 3.

Thats it, nothing more needs to be said.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

You guys shouldn't have to reset.  It's not the solution to anything, it would not fix a single thing, and people in game are free to play with whom they choose.

Your conduct in game, on the forums, and the current game mechanics and how they are used, is a completely different issue. It's entertaining to watch someone who truly enjoys the game, and is invested in it, destroy it thru his oblivious sense of self importance. And I'm not talking about Cindy.

How is the whole "force the Devs to change the game by using the game mechanics to the extreme" strategy working out?

Cassius wrote:

You guys shouldn't have to reset.  It's not the solution to anything, it would not fix a single thing, and people in game are free to play with whom they choose.

Your conduct in game, on the forums, and the current game mechanics and how they are used, is a completely different issue. It's entertaining to watch someone who truly enjoys the game, and is invested in it, destroy it thru his oblivious sense of self importance. And I'm not talking about Cindy.

How is the whole "force the Devs to change the game by using the game mechanics to the extreme" strategy working out?

Who are you and what have you done with cassius?

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

We don't have to reset, and we won't. That's the point.

If someone from my corp or our allied corp thinks someone is gutter trash, I don't care if they say it to his face in-game or share it with the public on the forums. If it bothers someone they can either work on managing their feelings or bugger off and play diablo. I'm certainly not gonna run around thought-policing people on the internet.

And lets face it, your corps really are trash at this game.

CIR Complaint Form

Your so angry Syndic with so many people. Need a hug?

Tonnik wrote:

You think people get angry when they win...don't you....

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Cassius wrote:

No, you're right, they shouldn't have to reset, but what's the other option? Lord over an empty game just because they can? Maybe it's all just doom and gloom and things will change in the future and more people will start playing but do you really want to take the chance that this is the end? Do the devs really want 2/3rds of the game world to be controlled by one coalition? If the players won't change it for the better themselves, and it's pretty evident sindic or anyone in cir and phm don't want to see 77th go. The question is WHY? It's probably a mix of things, but in the end it amounts to they want to keep on winning at the cost of everything else including the game dying so long as they go out on top.

@syndic - Lets see how trash your corp is at this game without 77th to carry you. No wonder you don't want to reset, we both remember what an asskicking 62nd gave you for years...

Stranger Danger wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

If you feel the need to harass people long after your supposed to have won then I guess you've lost already. He's like a bitter ex girlfriend who can't let go and feels the need to try and get involved in everything you do.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

119 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-06 00:57:40)

Jita wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

If you feel the need to harass people long after your supposed to have won then I guess you've lost already. He's like a bitter ex girlfriend who can't let go and feels the need to try and get involved in everything you do.

I was going to suggest you were talking about yourself (bitter girlfriend possibly a reference to smokey) but you had the word "won" in there.

Don't you think its strange to accuse the people on top of being mad?  Mad over what? Winning? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

You just keep coming back on the forums and asking for more...its like a train wreck in slow motion with you....

I get its fun to hate on syndic, believe me....but I assure you hes enjoying boat rides in another game between responding to your downright insane posts.

you really need help man...no joke.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

yes puns were intended.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Winning

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

You mistake anger for indifference.

You are collectively here on the forums demanding DEV intervention and squealing like piglets at every turn for our people to stop teasing you whenever you lose. You protest that we're allied to another corp while having everyone else on the server backing you up. You complain that we use jabber/X/Y to form fleets. In short, you're b*tching because we are not playing the game the way you want us to play.

We will not reset our friends. We will use jabber/X/Y. We will not lower ourselves to your pathetic level of playing the game. You can either get on our level and fight us, or go play something more suited to your capacity, or keep bleating on the forums for Zoom to fight for you.

We will not accommodate you, we will not change anything. If you can't handle that, that's your problem.

CIR Complaint Form

I don't care if you change or not, but the game does need to improve for me to throw any more time into it.

125 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-10-06 12:41:42)

Burial wrote:

I don't care if you change or not, but the game does need to improve for me to throw any more time into it.

tried archeage ? smile

No really if you do PM me man.

Gremrod wrote:

Read here

Would read comments section again +1 for quality QQ content.

big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue