Re: Remove sparks, mobile TPs and probes

While I am kinda in agreement about removing these things or at least tweaking them. As I recall, spark teleport was introduced when the population was low as the game world was too big and you couldn't ever find pvp.....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

27 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-04 06:42:07)

Smokeyii wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

yes because the cam needs to do the work to find the miner whereas a detector can sit at strategic points under a station or gate and see everything.

This is something that has been missing from the game for a long time. Well since detector modules were introduced. They should have left the assault masking alone and left detectors out of the game.... But some people said that the assaults were too OP.

So the more I think about it the more I am for removal of the detector module!

+9001

This is what got lemon and I crossways years ago, he was mad that he couldn't see a masked assault till he was in demob range, and I said so what? cry more. And he did.

I agree with this in part. I think sparks are ok, except for the fact that there's no cooldown to it and therefore no commitment on the players part for sparking. Mobile teles I like... a lot, although with the speed increase, and the planned highway expansion maybe they're not as important as before.

Probes and detectors should be taken out IMHO. Hell, I'd rather see the 1k meter standard detection for every bot/mech like the old days to be honest. Maskers should stay and assaults should get a masking bonus because surprise buttsecks in assaults is a lot of fun, was back in the day, would be today too.

I've also been thinking a lot about Masking/Detection and I think their may be something to the argument to eliminate the detection module completely.

And Buff Masking on Assaults.

I'm not sure about eliminating probes, but perhps nerfing their masking so intruders can more easily avoid them. But if probes and scouts are chilling on gates it should not matter much if a speed-buffed mask-buffed ewar and assualt gang sneak around the island.

Still also need to eliminate Sparks on beta
Still also need nominal activity requirement for SAP defense point accumulation.

I'm not sure about removing mobile teles, but some tweaks definitely in order.

Most of these changes are sooooo easy. Devs just need to be sold on them.

Sparking to other games

Require at least a single defender on the sap for 10 minutes to increase the stability. If there is no defender for three saps in a row and it goes completely uncontested or defended it drops 10 points every time after that until someone contests it or defends it.

also a bigger game world will fix the spark non-issue.  mind you the current spark system is a result of a game that had 24 gamma islands.

I would like to see a few more beta and the rest of the gamma islands added tbh...all of a sudden being able to spark to 4 or so locations isn't a big deal at all.

like before a couple gamma islands were added back, people cried about this being an issue, an issue related to not all the islands being in game...short sighted requests.

But yeah if you do convince zoom to make this shortsighted change, and the rest of the islands go back in game, guess ill be getting two more combat accounts and bam ill have power projection...you think im the only one thinking along this line?  Id rather people who have one combat account be able to move around as it makes account hoarders less powerful.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

BURN SPARKS DOWN

I'd like to see sparks reduced how rage rex has suggested until all the gammas are back and a few new betas are added. Once the islands are back then burn them. Buff missions are leave EA. Focus on a new mission for each rank and faction every two weeks. For about 3-6 months

Supremacy wrote:

BURN SPARKS DOWN

Remove sparks!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

1. Proxi Probes: They are a replacement for Arkes sitting at tp (more effective with macro running that are not allowed to be used). So removing proxiprobes just brings disadvantage for those who have not the resources / the will to have dedicated watchbots. The introduction of probes was good and right to give every player equal tools.

2. mobile Tp are necessary to handle the distances. Without them, it would be hard and not reasonable to produce on island that are not directly beneath an island of other color due to missing resources.
This would render current gamma islands useless. It would simple kill most trade as sell and buy would be only happening in 1-2 bases on which due to this 90% of player would be forced to live. Sad panda would be those player starting on island too far away from trade hub.

3. Sparks are necessary, see other threads I'm tired of telling the same *** every two weeks.

4. Detectors are needed to counter masker. You need to remove both together or keep both. With current detector nerv, I consider masked overpowered.

All these thinks could be considered different when NIA has 10k Agents online at once, but not now.

Move the Islands closer again let interzones work how they were intended and have 3 spark slots total with no EP 1 alpha 1 beta and 1 Gamma.

The probes should be limited to 1 per account it pings across all 3 toons on that account only.

Mobile Tps should remain. But get Reworked.
1.Emergency should only have 100hp and need one other toon activating it (feeding it power) to jump cycle time is fine. Cool down to use should be reduced by 50% On field time should be 50% reduced.
2. Standards Should have around 25% more hp the CD to jump should stay and the jump cycle time could be alittle faster like 10%. Overall field time should be increased by 25%.
3. ArmoredHP is fine like Emergency it should require a second agent giving it energy(activating like a beacon) for it to beable to function. Cool down to jump same as standard, jump cycle time increased by 25%, on field time decreased by 25% with a optional remote self-destruct.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Remove everything that allows people to escape from a hellcamped station.

Pretty please. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Pretty please. big_smile

That's why I suggested homestations only to be allowed on Alphas.

Syndic wrote:

Pretty please. big_smile

this was no issue before spark teleporting.
for that you could set your homebase to alpha terminals remotely.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Mobile tp's can be balanced by giving them the ability to be jammed.