Re: Dear Devs - Why no discussion/action to balance the game?

I lied, I did not say enough. Those terminal covering all gammas, is just a way to show the Devs that they were wrong with the terminal cap in place. Where is the poison really coming from?

RIP PERPETUUM

That's a lot of frustration you got there.

Please tell us more how evil Syndic is killing the game. roll

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

That's a lot of frustration you got there.

Please tell us more how evil Syndic is killing the game. roll

No need, you've stated it yourself many times

I think the root of all evil is the fact that a certain developer "refuses to see" particular mechanics as an issue and also fails to create content that normally entertains the majority of other games that is what creates the desire for PvP other than the sake of winning.

105 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-03 23:49:57)

Gwyndor wrote:

I think the root of all evil is the fact that a certain developer "refuses to see" particular mechanics as an issue and also fails to create content that normally entertains the majority of other games that is what creates the desire for PvP other than the sake of winning.

I can't agree that would be evil. Just scared to change the game to favour one side of the community over the other. But my balancing opinions all come down for everyone to enjoy the game, at least that's the way I see it. Dev Zoom said that there will be less pvp without sparks and that's where I disagree.

On one hand we will have more players travelling , exposing themselves to more pvp opportunities , on the other we have the psychological effect that small entities can live or take a piece of the pie knowing that not all the time a larger force will just spark and show up. Regional advantage would become meaningful again.

In regards power projection, I think that some people have the wrong idea. You just can't avoid it happening but there are ways to nerf it's effect. As long there is travel the power to project will always be there , that's the counter argument. What I will like to change is not make it easy to do so.

RIP PERPETUUM

Not trying to STOP the projection of power, just make it HARDER to do so. I want a game with regional power blocks but we have a ways to go to get to that goal. Sparks is step 1.

Also, what Gwyndor said is right on if his second reference was the PVE problem.

Sparks and PVE are the two biggest problems in game. One is easy to fix, one may take years.

Sparking to other games

1st: We cant handle a reasonable force that is one thing. > that we can change

2nd: CIR/77 (or any powerblock) can easily control the majority of islands, that is another thing. > that the DEVs can change

I would first see what happening when the 1st is changed. Then make a choice, or balance.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ville defending SpT. Enough said.

Cassius wrote:

Ville defending SpT. Enough said.

LOL

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Not trying to STOP the projection of power, just make it HARDER to do so. I want a game with regional power blocks but we have a ways to go to get to that goal. Sparks is step 1.

Also, what Gwyndor said is right on if his second reference was the PVE problem.

Sparks and PVE are the two biggest problems in game. One is easy to fix, one may take years.

Yes I was mentioning spark Tele being a big issue completely ignored and pve/missions being put off over and over again when it is one of the most basic building blocks to any game. It's all about progression ANC in perp it takes all of 2 months and three accounts to farm the biggest spawns other than beta reds. You can grind from lvl 0 to 5 in two days and do a total of 15 different missions over 22 times each. That is extremely annoying after the 7-10...

Gwyndor wrote:

Its a sandbox not a themepark...the devs are suppose to give us sand and we create our own content....

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Nerfing SpT wont fix your problems. Youre not losing because of power projection. You havent been able to find a way to win with what you have now and you wont find a way with even less.

The point is having enough room and barriers so that you don't have to take on the major power blocs and have enough room for small corps to grow.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Aye Pod wrote:

Nerfing SpT wont fix your problems. Youre not losing because of power projection. You havent been able to find a way to win with what you have now and you wont find a way with even less.

Its short sighted, bipartisan comments like these that destroy any ability for mature adults to actually have beneficial discussions about this game and its direction....

Such a shame that some people can't see beyond their own personal/corporate agenda to actually try and take an objective look at some of the issues being discussed... (sigh)

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Its short sighted, bipartisan comments like these that destroy any ability for mature adults to actually have beneficial discussions about this game and its direction....

Such a shame that some people can't see beyond their own personal/corporate agenda to actually try and take an objective look at some of the issues being discussed... (sigh)

This coming from the guy who posts this in another thread

Shadowmine wrote:

Actually, the forums were a much nicer place to hang out back when CIR couldn't afford a subscription to play the game...

Spin Spin Spin

If the problem is not enough room, then add more room. Lets not keep taking steps backward by having the devs remove or rework what precious little content we have.

Its not just about room - multiple sparks allow you to do multiple things. 1 gamma and 1 alpha gives you a couple of options and makes travelling outside of the options harder. This should hopefully mean if two or three small entities spring up on different islands it will be harder to stay on top of them as before. If of course theres only one enemy then it wont make a bit of difference.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Sparks weren't meant to make it easier when all the gammas were out and when the population was half what it is now (even though its sadly low already). I dont think that anyone including myself should have the ability to cover every corner of the game instantly withought a draw back. Maybe being able to cover a single corner or maybe two if I stretch would be fine but atm there is still less than half the islands there were before gamma was removed.

If it was a feature meant to size the player density accordingly with map size then spark teleport should mirror the changes with gamma islands. When gamma was removed, spark teleport should have been removed. When a few gamma islands were added back, a portion of spark teleports power should have been added. When all the gammas are back in the game I think spark teleport as it is currently would be fine.

Stranger Danger wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

Its a sandbox not a themepark...the devs are suppose to give us sand and we create our own content....

This sandbox is very small and mostly filled with cat *** instead of sand. Eve has a steady 80% of players living almost exclusively in hs. The null sec population are the minority but are also the most vocal and passionate players. Sadly they aren't the majority of the income even though they spend above average amounts on their choice of game.

In statistics it is very important when gathering information to avoid bias. These forumsare almost completely bias because the people who post here are all the passionate players but shouldn't represent the majority. Zoom and friends need a better way of gathering information on how the game is played and what people ACTUALLY enjoy and return to the game day after day for. As soon as content is developed that is designed for ALL players to have access too the sooner the population of this game will pick up.

120 (edited by Weedy 2014-10-04 23:12:47)

Let me be the voice of people here for a moment.

I'd like to speak on behalf of Burial, one of the key members of STC corporation.

Link:

Burial wrote:

Spark TP isn't the decider on how many outpost a corporation can hold and protect.

Mr. Shadowmine, link:

Shadowmine wrote:

Without SpT pretty much all current pvp dies....

Mr. Tux, link (Mind you, this was when there were 10!!! SPARKS per character):

Tux wrote:

spark TP IS one of the best features of this game keep it as is

Beloved Mr. Cassius, link:

Cassius wrote:

For the PvPer's ... The simple fact is SpT helps with force projection, but it is NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF PVP IMBALANCE. Its a very small factor in the entire PvP mechanic. This is why a global cooldown would solve very little in the way of balancing PvP while at the same time punishing every other player simply playing the game.

The game world is simply too small to allow more than 2 entities to establish and expand. If EvE universe and player population is an example, this game would need 100 islands.

The game does not have the current minimum population to properly have intended game mechanics work as intended.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not taking anything out of the context; go read the thread it is from and see by yourself, while I am sure that people who wrote these comments pretty much remember their own words. The only difference there was is that there were more Gamma islands; however, Betas remain exactly the same, and they are the big big layer of gameplay.

Can we stop playing the political spin bullshit please, as it is clear that the corporations who were very vocal about the existence of sparks and leaving them as they were back then (for example STC), now are taking their words back as soon as tables turned against them.

I hope you guys realize (well) that your own words were wrong, by contradicting your current posts from your posts a year back.

If you think that CIR is FOR sparks and stuff like that, guess what: most of CIR members don't give a single ***. We will adopt and find ways to gank you 20 on 1 or happily fight odds 20 vs 100, with sparks, without sparks, anything. My PERSONAL opinion is that sparks in their current form are actually damaging the game, and 77CIR controlling the whole beta is the best example devs can have on their hands as to understand how EASY it can be for one organized entity to have such a huge impact (something that Gunner has been pointing out to you FOR AGES). It is not much about new corporations even, though it can have an effect if 77CIR decided it so (there are almost none new corps in the game atm anyway, nor the population to contest 77CIR utter dominance). It is just sad to see that people turn their guns and opinions according to the wind of politics, as to whether they win or lose. THESE ISSUES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SINGLE CORP, IT IS ABOUT FAULTY GAME MECHANICS.

And only lonely jita... only jita's point of view persists through the ages. No matter how much you covered yourself in dirt jita, still a big respect to you for sticking to your views.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Syndic wrote:

They can remove sparks tomorrow

We'll still be on your comms following you around and making your in-game life miserable wherever you go

EOD

You should try behavioral treatment, medicine or even both.

122 (edited by Weedy 2014-10-04 23:21:46)

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

We'll still be on your comms following you around and making your in-game life miserable wherever you go

EOD

We won't get anywhere with comments like these, Burial, nuh-uh. Grow up and man up for a pint of beer already.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Its what happens when their cycle of spin is broken. They result to personal insults.

Weedy wrote:
Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

EOD

We won't get anywhere with comments like these, Burial, nuh-uh. Grow up and man up for a pint of beer already.

He's right though. The level of harassment displayed is sociopathic.

Weedy wrote:

Let me be the voice of people here for a moment.

I'd like to speak on behalf of Burial, one of the key members of STC corporation.

Link:

Burial wrote:

Spark TP isn't the decider on how many outpost a corporation can hold and protect.

Mr. Shadowmine, link:

Shadowmine wrote:

Without SpT pretty much all current pvp dies....

Mr. Tux, link (Mind you, this was when there were 10!!! SPARKS per character):

Tux wrote:

spark TP IS one of the best features of this game keep it as is

Beloved Mr. Cassius, link:

Cassius wrote:

For the PvPer's ... The simple fact is SpT helps with force projection, but it is NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF PVP IMBALANCE. Its a very small factor in the entire PvP mechanic. This is why a global cooldown would solve very little in the way of balancing PvP while at the same time punishing every other player simply playing the game.

The game world is simply too small to allow more than 2 entities to establish and expand. If EvE universe and player population is an example, this game would need 100 islands.

The game does not have the current minimum population to properly have intended game mechanics work as intended.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not taking anything out of the context; go read the thread it is from and see by yourself, while I am sure that people who wrote these comments pretty much remember their own words. The only difference there was is that there were more Gamma islands; however, Betas remain exactly the same, and they are the big big layer of gameplay.

Can we stop playing the political spin bullshit please, as it is clear that the corporations who were very vocal about the existence of sparks and leaving them as they were back then (for example STC), now are taking their words back as soon as tables turned against them.

I hope you guys realize (well) that your own words were wrong, by contradicting your current posts from your posts a year back.

If you think that CIR is FOR sparks and stuff like that, guess what: most of CIR members don't give a single ***. We will adopt and find ways to gank you 20 on 1 or happily fight odds 20 vs 100, with sparks, without sparks, anything. My PERSONAL opinion is that sparks in their current form are actually damaging the game, and 77CIR controlling the whole beta is the best example devs can have on their hands as to understand how EASY it can be for one organized entity to have such a huge impact (something that Gunner has been pointing out to you FOR AGES). It is not much about new corporations even, though it can have an effect if 77CIR decided it so (there are almost none new corps in the game atm anyway, nor the population to contest 77CIR utter dominance). It is just sad to see that people turn their guns and opinions according to the wind of politics, as to whether they win or lose. THESE ISSUES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SINGLE CORP, IT IS ABOUT FAULTY GAME MECHANICS.

And only lonely jita... only jita's point of view persists through the ages. No matter how much you covered yourself in dirt jita, still a big respect to you for sticking to your views.

SPOT ON!  !!!!!!!

!!!!!

!!!!!!!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.