51 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-03 20:13:51)

Re: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

Smokeyii wrote:

The main causes for the poison is guys like me trying to be best of my ability to get a point across

Well glad you agree and I am not saying you are the poison. The community in a whole can be poisonous. I could have gone on further to explain in detail by what I meant by the term poison in my blog post. But catchy titles and posts that are not walls of text seem to go over better on mmorpg.com.

You're right the dev team doesn't need to fix the community it will correct itself sooner or later. But they have never given a clear picture/vision of their goals or end game. They have posted what they want to do next in the short term. But they never give details on how they perceive specific aspects of the game working.

Do they want one entity to control the entire game? I doubt they do, but we have not heard them state specially.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

The main causes for the poison is guys like me trying to be best of my ability to get a point across

Well glad you agree and I am not saying you are the poison. The community in a whole can be poisonous. I could have gone on further to explain in detail by what I meant by the term poison in my blog post. But catchy titles and posts that are not walls of text seem to go over better on mmorpg.com.

I get what you're saying and I agree with the fact that it can be, but for different reasons than you suggested. Other than Jita and I (and every once in awhile Jelan, although he just likes to twist the knife) there's no one else from our side that really have opinions. And every time we bring one up it's met with derision and ridicule or outright dismissed simply for our corp tags. The best thing I can say is that I've never heard Jita bring up EVER anything to do with killing the game, running other corps out of the game or anything but a desire to see Perpetuum grow and succeed, and I can't say the same for your leadership.

There is nothing poisonous in the community.

We stomped you and laughed at you about it, your feelings were hurt.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Smokeyii wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

I get what you're saying and I agree with the fact that it can be, but for different reasons than you suggested. Other than Jita and I (and every once in awhile Jelan, although he just likes to twist the knife) there's no one else from our side that really have opinions. And every time we bring one up it's met with derision and ridicule or outright dismissed simply for our corp tags. The best thing I can say is that I've never heard Jita bring up EVER anything to do with killing the game, running other corps out of the game or anything but a desire to see Perpetuum grow and succeed, and I can't say the same for your leadership.

I completely understand.

Syndic wrote:

Gremrod is speaking out because he has an unique perspective on the game. He has also done more then his fair share to promote the game to other players, which to be honest neither the Devs nor the game deserve.

The game has since release always been plagued by vets manipulating the Devs to get changes implement that benefit their corporations. We've seen it before and we're seeing it now, nothing new or shocking there.

What's the problem again?

Oh, Gremrod's wearing CIR tags.

Tell me more about your feelings. lol

How is Gremrod's perspective on the game unique? How is it any different that any other cir/77th member's perspective? Serious question, please explain.

I don't think anyone has questioned Gremrod's promoting of the game. Plenty of other people have done their part in that. I answered questions on steam when it was going to greenlight. Just the other night I answered questions on the youtube spot. What's your point? That because he does his motives are without question?

I do happen to agree with the next part of your statement. I've said it several times, that the community involvement in the development process is a double edged sword. Some people have more say than others, or sometimes it's seen that way. There's always an argument from one side or the other on things that are suggested, and many times the only reason is because of the side that person happens to be on.

Maybe the best thing they can do is stop listening to all of us and make the game they want to make and tell us when they want to tell us. Don't see how that could possibly make the game any worse off than it already is, because the state of the game currently is the result of one alliance's actions.

Syndic wrote:

There is nothing poisonous in the community.

We stomped you and laughed at you about it, your feelings were hurt.

Nope, that doesn't bleed toxicity at all...

Smokeyii wrote:

I don't think anyone has questioned Gremrod's promoting of the game.

Smokeyii wrote:

I fail to see what you seek to garner by posting this topic on mmorpg.com.

Are you trying to bully the devs into your way of thinking?

Jita wrote:

Do you think your helping bad mouthing the game on mmorg's forums?

Jelan wrote:

Nice, back handed dig at the Dev's... That'll definitely help the game roll

Shall I go on?

Sparking to other games

Smokeyii wrote:

Maybe the best thing they can do is stop listening to all of us

^^^

This is much better than malificent that I'm currently watching I just can't decide if syndic or gremrod is angelina jolie lol

Rex Amelius wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

I don't think anyone has questioned Gremrod's promoting of the game.

Smokeyii wrote:

I fail to see what you seek to garner by posting this topic on mmorpg.com.

Are you trying to bully the devs into your way of thinking?

Jita wrote:

Do you think your helping bad mouthing the game on mmorg's forums?

Jelan wrote:

Nice, back handed dig at the Dev's... That'll definitely help the game roll

Shall I go on?

Please do, you might make a point eventually!

In top rated blog posts and already 200 views in 2 hours. Better then any advert banner could do and they charge you hundreds of dollars for those dang adverts too.

Jelan wrote:

This is much better than malificent that I'm currently watching I just can't decide if syndic or gremrod is angelina jolie lol

She's the ~good guy~ in the end

tongue

Sparking to other games

Jelan wrote:

hell, none. They are better fit for the mad king.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rex Amelius wrote:
Jelan wrote:

She's the ~good guy~ in the end

tongue

Ffs, should have waited until the end if the movie!

Gremrod wrote:

In top rated blog posts and already 200 views in 2 hours. Better then any advert banner could do and they charge you hundreds of dollars for those dang adverts too.

That coz we keep rereading to check if it's still as *** as it first came across, so ten of us rereading it doesn't count numbskull!

Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

That coz we keep rereading to check if it's still as *** as it first came across, so ten of us rereading it doesn't count numbskull!

Almost 300 now. smile

I think I'm still IP banned from mmorpg so can't even refute you on there fuuu

tl;dr bittervets

Gremrod, open your eyes.

Burial wrote:

Gremrod, open your eyes.

I think he did.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

71 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-04 00:20:22)

Syndic wrote:

The game has since release always been plagued by vets manipulating the Devs to get changes implement that benefit their corporations. We've seen it before and we're seeing it now, nothing new or shocking there.

Right, the Devs want their own game to fail, and they are naive and can't read between the lines. OK, that makes no sense at all. roll

RIP PERPETUUM

72 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-04 05:47:03)

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Right, the Devs want their own game to fail, and they are naive and can't read between the lines. OK, that makes no sense at all. roll

No one is saying devs WANT their game to fail. I dont see how you read that from the quote. Devs don't play this game and historically have made changes to mechanics based solely on forum threads ...very bad knee jerk changes that were not planned or tested.

No one SANE thinks anyone wants this game to fail. People have much better things to do and if anyone really believes that line he needs a long vacation.

And no Burial, our eyes are open. I think yours are too but I guess you felt the need to drop a useless cliche. I don't agree with many of your ideas but I base that on a difference in playstyle preferences, mostly.

But this whole demonization campaign is childish and pathetically weak.

Sparking to other games

73 (edited by Burial 2014-10-04 10:50:50)

Rex Amelius wrote:

But this whole demonization campaign is childish and pathetically weak.

Anyone denouncing your bloc's actions is demonizing you.. You can rationalize everything via game mechanics, but there's still player's choice attached to all actions.

For example, developers spent over 5 months with the new Gamma and your bloc closed it up within a day of launch. What benefit does it have for the game other than being possible via game mechanics? That's why people call your bloc the autistic bloc.

this thread delivers!

reading this thread & the many others that have been posted over the last few months any one would think CIR & 77 have masses of vets just steam rolling the server.

Seems no one has actually stopped to count the real numbers. if they had they would see how bad they really are.

But you know what I personally have posted about the failings of all sides many times & im not going to waste my time again.
The forum community in this game has a problem. they get stuck in the past & stuck on past issues. Many posters are unable to move on due to "DEVs" "OP vets" Evil CEOs destroying the game" & other *reasons*.

This has been the Pepertuum forums enduring trait. And this will never change since to many in this community now have "personal grudges".

If you want to point the finger at other players & say they are killing or are trying to kill the game well then, let me give you a list of corps that have contributed in some way to this game going down hill (excluding the DEVs & any idiotic things they manage to do!) smile
CIR, 77, JOKE, STC. (M2S in the distant past). I might post how i think each of these corps have impacted the game but atm I dont feel like it & i have typed way more than i planned on!

for now back to Archeage!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I dunno its the same in every game with ffa pvp.  people who pvp and win ruin the game for those who try to pvp and win but don't.

same old story.

the game just needs more players and a few small but successful corps/alliances wont have such a big impact.  Until that happens, this is all just sore losers trying to convince themselves its a game mechanic that's resulting in their inability to win.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth