Re: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

Here is another blog post that got the game some front page coverage for about 2 weeks.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Annihilator wrote:

Didn't Syndic list it in his greatest achievements to succesfully shut down any interaction between DEVs and Player?

for me pot calling kettle black topic...

I think you are confusing the post of one individual with another.

I like Gremrod, he's trolls have more subtlety.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Okay I failed. You know you have failed when it is taken as a troll.

For the record I have only come across one person that tried to ruin this game and he even stated it in his speech to the the M2S corp after he was caught duping.

Gremrod come on, your acting like we've not been on teamspeak listening to the main guys in your alliance saying they want to kill it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Gremrod, people are not going to take this seriously with your corp tag. Good ending and I agree with most. But calling the community poisonous won't win you many friends. I am certainly trying hard to put my POV across, on what in IMO is best for the game, because I care about it, unlike your corp.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

Gremrod come on, your acting like we've not been on teamspeak listening to the main guys in your alliance saying they want to kill it.

YOU ARE SO FULL OF ***!!!

You only hear and see what you want to hear and see. You're so consumed by your own bitterness I'm not sure whether to be angry or just sad for you.

ITS A *** GAME WITH MECHS THAT SHOOT EACH OTHER

Sparking to other games

I read only truth & positivity in this OP. Perp needs new players who can game beyond this forum and who, once informed of Perp's direction, can work towards their goal.

At this time WOW forum shows more consistent understanding and maturity.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Celebro wrote:

Gremrod, people are not going to take this seriously with your corp tag. Good ending and I agree with most. But calling the community poisonous won't win you many friends. I am certainly trying hard to put my POV across, on what in IMO is best for the game, because I care about it, unlike your corp.

Well if I am calling the community poisonous and I am part of the community I am calling me out too.

It is up to the individual to look past my corp tag and realize the other stuff I have done for the community and game. If they can't look past it then there is nothing I can do about it.

Gremrod wrote:

For the record I have only come across one person that tried to ruin this game and he even stated it in his speech to the the M2S corp after he was caught duping.

You're seriously deluded if you actually believe that. There's even been forum posts here... on this forum. I can't count how many times I've heard "This pleases me" from certain somebody on TS when anything is brought up about running people out of the game, or some perceived griefing has occurred.

gremrod you realize the only reason the joke-tards are trolling you is because of your corp tag.  you post the same thing under an untagged alt and they would agree with you.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Well if I am calling the community poisonous and I am part of the community I am calling me out too.

It is up to the individual to look past my corp tag and realize the other stuff I have done for the community and game. If they can't look past it then there is nothing I can do about it.

Whilst you are associated with CIR you are correct you will not have any credibility.  You've already gone down the path of the dark side and your posts and topics have showed that over time you've changed and are only interested in what is best for your alliance and it's infallible leadership

Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:

YOU ARE SO FULL OF ***!!!

You only hear and see what you want to hear and see. You're so consumed by your own bitterness I'm not sure whether to be angry or just sad for you.

ITS A *** GAME WITH MECHS THAT SHOOT EACH OTHER

The same could be said for you Rex. I've been there, I've heard it. More than once. Maybe when/if you've heard it you just think it's a joke, but actions speak louder than words.

Stranger Danger wrote:

gremrod you realize the only reason the joke-tards are trolling you is because of your corp tag.  you post the same thing under an untagged alt and they would agree with you.

yep

41 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-03 19:40:01)

Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:

So where exactly is the poison. This seems like an ideal deviation from the spark thread discussion. So everything that's against CIR or your opinion should be called poison now?.

Dev Zoom was willing to remove sparks on beta if we chose to. I appreciate the Devs taking the time to discuss this with us. I don't see the poison, just disagreement on some aspects of the game. Anyhow I agree an overall vision on their next Dev blog should leave it clear enough. Although this should cover it for now: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Features

RIP PERPETUUM

Bagdad CeleBob wrote:

So where exactly is the poison.

lol

Sparking to other games

Celebro wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:

So where exactly is the poison. This seems like an ideal deviation from the spark thread discussion. So everything that's against CIR or your opinion should be called poison now?.

Dev Zoom was willing to remove sparks on beta if we chose to. I appreciate the Devs taking the time to discuss this with us. I don't see the poison, just disagreement on some aspects of the game. Anyhow I agree an overall vision on their next Dev blog should leave it clear enough. Although this should cover it for now: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Features

Celebro,

The poison I speak of is the fighting that happens like what is going on in this thread now. DEV Crm wants to make a game and more than a game. He wanted to build a community of online players that would contribute to it and make it a breathing living entity.

But from what I can see it has turned into a forum fight of you did what and who is to blame for this and that....

Jelan wrote:

You've already gone down the path of the dark side and your posts and topics have showed that over time you've changed and are only interested in what is best for your alliance and it's infallible leadership

So posts like this have lead me done the dark side?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nd-probes/

it appears a rainbow of people from both sides agree.

Gremrod is speaking out because he has an unique perspective on the game. He has also done more then his fair share to promote the game to other players, which to be honest neither the Devs nor the game deserve.

The game has since release always been plagued by vets manipulating the Devs to get changes implement that benefit their corporations. We've seen it before and we're seeing it now, nothing new or shocking there.

What's the problem again?

Oh, Gremrod's wearing CIR tags.

Tell me more about your feelings. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Gremrod Actually wrote:

Celebro,

The poison I speak of is the fighting that happens like what is going on in this thread now. DEV Crm wants to make a game and more than a game. He wanted to build a community of online players that would contribute to it and make it a breathing living entity.

But from what I can see it has turned into a forum fight of you did what and who is to blame for this and that....

Jita, Jelan, Smokey think Gremrod wrote:

Celebro,

The poison I speak of lies within all the corps that are not CIR77. On our path to Ultimate Victory of Burning down the Perpetuum server we must torture and maim all noobs and vets who do not see our evil vision. Dev CRM must be stopped before he can fix all the broken mechanics that we exploit. The Devs must not be allowed to have a flourishing game. Oh and did you hear the one about Jita's mother? I have the recording right here!

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Gremrod Actually wrote:

Celebro,

Celebro,

The poison I speak of lies within all the corps that are not CIR77. On our path to Ultimate Victory of Burning down the Perpetuum server we must torture and maim all noobs and vets who do not see our evil vision. Dev CRM must be stopped before he can fix all the broken mechanics that we exploit. The Devs must not be allowed to have a flourishing game. Oh and did you hear the one about Jita's mother? I have the recording right here!

Yup they are either delusional or wrist deep in trying to counter and troll anything anyone form our alliance posts...no matter how true or good of an idea it is.

Its probably a mix of both.

Never seen people with such hate in a game before, its both sad and hilarious.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Rex Amelius wrote:
Gremrod Actually wrote:

Celebro,

Celebro,

You certainly do a good job at hiding your so called 'goodness' for the game.

RIP PERPETUUM

and yesterday someone was asking for a roleplaying forum

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Stranger Danger wrote:

I will admit a lot of it has to do with the corp tag. When you're apart of the group that's mostly responsible for the "poisonous" community and then saying that the devs need to talk more about their vision for the game and that will cure the poison, I'm sorry but you're full of ***.

It's a shame that it's become the devs responsibility to fix the community, I've tried to get the point across that it's mostly the actions of the few leadership on your side that's the cause, and the only responses I've gotten is "Nuh-huh!" and "You're just mad cause we won" or something similar.

I also disagree with the premise of the topic as well, and I don't think that the devs stating their goals more often will do anything to lessen the "poisonous" atmosphere of the community because that's not what is creating the toxicity in the community. The devs have stated goals for years in chat and on the forums and blog posts.

The main causes for the poison is guys like me trying to be best of my ability to get a point across to people too blinded by the rhetoric one person spins and forever failing because either I don't know how to explain it properly, or they're just too dense to get it. This is a player problem for several reasons, including the lack thereof, and one persons desire to drive the train off the tracks.