1 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-02 17:03:00)

Topic: Remove sparks, mobile TPs and probes

Subject states it all. The game was a bit harder, but more fun when these did not exist.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Remove sparks, mobile TPs and probes

+1

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Proximity probes can be balanced. Just don't allow them to be placed right under teleports.

you forgot detectors too btw

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

They nerfed them to the point that it doesn't matter any more.

Burial wrote:

Proximity probes can be balanced. Just don't allow them to be placed right under teleports.

No. Just remove them.

7 (edited by Burial 2014-10-02 17:30:50)

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

They still see a mech at ~2.3km.

+1 , not for proximity probes though, they can be tweaked.

RIP PERPETUUM

Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

And the detector can be seen too.

Celebro wrote:

+1 , not for proximity probes though, they can be tweaked.

Sure. I still say remove probes too.

Gremrod wrote:
Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

And the detector can be seen too.

That hardly matters. 100 vs 80 masking.

Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

and a heavy mech even further. while sat in total safety under an outpost or on a gate. Give them a pvp flag if they use it tbh.

I don't want to see masking disappear. As long as maskers are kept if they remove detectors.

Gremrod wrote:

I don't want to see masking disappear. As long as maskers are kept if they remove detectors.

totally agree, masking is great, detection is ***.

So its Ok if a Cam mk2 can get within Demob range without you knowing?  But its not ok to see a miner at 2K Meters?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

16 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-02 19:49:21)

Ville wrote:

So its Ok if a Cam mk2 can get within Demob range without you knowing?  But its not ok to see a miner at 2K Meters?

I spent a lot of time in null sec under constant threat of stealth ships. I mined and did other things. For me it added to the fear factor...... I only know they were in the system but I had no idea where they were.

But tbh I don't think detectors need to be removed.

Ville wrote:

yes because the cam needs to do the work to find the miner whereas a detector can sit at strategic points under a station or gate and see everything.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

yes because the cam needs to do the work to find the miner whereas a detector can sit at strategic points under a station or gate and see everything.

This is something that has been missing from the game for a long time. Well since detector modules were introduced. They should have left the assault masking alone and left detectors out of the game.... But some people said that the assaults were too OP.

So the more I think about it the more I am for removal of the detector module!

Assaults have been a bit OP, especially masked waspish with range extender. with a good macro you could lob an alphastrike on someone without beeing seen for more then a millisecond (just like shooting with shields, but easier)

Just can't remember if the light-weapon nerf came before or after.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Assaults have been a bit OP, especially masked waspish with range extender. with a good macro you could lob an alphastrike on someone without beeing seen for more then a millisecond (just like shooting with shields, but easier)

Just can't remember if the light-weapon nerf came before or after.

I don't think the assaults have been OP. It is more the fact that people now have enough EP to make them more powerful than they were 3 years ago. Taking basics to lvl 10 and all the other skills that apply to weapons etc. to lvl 10.

+ 1 Billion

so tired of these limiting mechanics

If these were removed, other people would be able to hold beta and gamma bases

Gremrod wrote:

Subject states it all. The game was a bit harder, but more fun when these did not exist.

Dear dev Zoom,

In your infinite wisdom please see the logics behind a united community when it comes to mechanic changes to allow regional powers and not server wide powers. I like everything in this even though I feel the long term solution is to tweak mechanics like the probes and teleportation, the immediate removal would-be amazing for the low server population and allow growth in remote areas.

Respect
Gwyn

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

This is something that has been missing from the game for a long time. Well since detector modules were introduced. They should have left the assault masking alone and left detectors out of the game.... But some people said that the assaults were too OP.

So the more I think about it the more I am for removal of the detector module!

+9001

This is what got lemon and I crossways years ago, he was mad that he couldn't see a masked assault till he was in demob range, and I said so what? cry more. And he did.

I agree with this in part. I think sparks are ok, except for the fact that there's no cooldown to it and therefore no commitment on the players part for sparking. Mobile teles I like... a lot, although with the speed increase, and the planned highway expansion maybe they're not as important as before.

Probes and detectors should be taken out IMHO. Hell, I'd rather see the 1k meter standard detection for every bot/mech like the old days to be honest. Maskers should stay and assaults should get a masking bonus because surprise buttsecks in assaults is a lot of fun, was back in the day, would be today too.

If it was a 1000m view for all bots but ewar bots that would be cool. Leave the detectors and maskers at their current levels.

I love how the suggestions are like "if you could revert every change you made since 2011 that would be great". The three Devs left would probably shoot themselves if they hadn't already pawned their guns for ramen.