Re: Gamma Territory

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

What we do with our territory is our choice, we're using it as we see fit.

If you want it, come take it.

Or keep crying to Zoom to change the game and hand it to you.

God forbid you had to play the game.

Irony overload. We said the same thing to your alliance for 2 years when we controlled the game.

Except for the fact that when CIR started playing, you resorted to ~outlasting~, dodging every fight and not logging in, giving out outposts to make your enemies bored to hell. 77CIR, on the contrary, offer a fight anywhere.

Besides, I don't remember CIR crying on the forum to Zoom like little girls about opening outposts and unfairness of game mechanics.

Come and take it. Oh wait, I forgot, you need another couple of mil EP on top of yours to be good at PvP. Nvm then.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

I would like to state that I did at one time state outposts should be opened.  I have since changed my mind.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Irony overload. We said the same thing to your alliance for 2 years when we controlled the game.

And guess what?  We did something about it.  Taking xiantor, then langhrum, and we were pushing forward till Zoom dropped the " wiping gamma in 2 weeks bomb on us".

But in your irrational mouth foaming hatred you seem to overlook that your dooming the whole of beta and gamma will only ever be owned by whoever the winning entity is at the time.

That is just plain wrong.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Is that how the game was designed?

Or is that the players fault to steward the development of the game?

32 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-01 17:35:59)

Jita wrote:

But in your irrational mouth foaming hatred you seem to overlook that your dooming the whole of beta and gamma will only ever be owned by whoever the winning entity is at the time.

project much?

you and smokey have been the two angriest people I think ive ever seen in a game...

there is no one for us to hate.  there is zero competition and the game is free for us so boring us out wont work this time around.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

33 (edited by Supremacy 2014-10-01 17:32:56)

took  you long enough to figure it out

these lands are reserved for our people and stuff

by the way, Dev's fault

Tonnik wrote:

It doesn't help when you deliberately prevent it from growing by locking all stations and base capping all gammas.

Your alliance has set out to deny two thirds of the games content to new people.

We are the only actual organization in-game.

Everything else is just a few individuals hitting a few stations and generally being incompetent as usual.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Oh im all for "put enough island in game so that it becomes a single player game in player density" for all you pve players who want to say you are out pvping in 100% safety.

But until someone gathers the balls to actually come take a beta or gamma...why bother?

You guys clearly don't want to be anything more than alpha dwellers else you would man up and make an effort (aka playing the game) but you don't...so who cares if the ONLY active organized alliance takes the game world...isn't the game world to be meant for active players?

And don't give me that BS that if we don't take it all that all these new players will sprout from the earth to occupy nia in some rainbow fantasy land....because JOKE will just take it all, or the Russians....wont matter...land goes to the active and competent.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Joke has one active player. Grow up and see the bigger picture.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

What people are saying is stop looking at the bigger picture and play the goddamn game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

38 (edited by xara 2014-10-01 19:45:31)

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev … s-inbound/

Particularly:
"The overarching reason for this is that the current ease of movement has shrunk the practical dimensions of New Eden considerably, to the detriment of the game experience."

There's the rub.

Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

And guess what?  We did something about it.  Taking xiantor, then langhrum, and we were pushing forward till Zoom dropped the " wiping gamma in 2 weeks bomb on us".

So what about the year and a half prior when we controlled everything I guess was because you all quit the game? The same situation occurs now. Only one powerblock plays, everyone else quit. The 5 of you who stayed thru that period couldn't do *** vs the 10 of us who did as well. Same situation today. Too low of a population allows a small strong powerblock to control everything.

The difference is now when (if I actually played) I am in the minority opposition, I agree with you. It's a PvP game. Territory should be taken by force, not forum warriors. Mechanics need to be changed if its not good for the game, not because of politics.

And I have stated I'm not a fan of "outlasting" but apparently it allowed us to kill multiple CIR/77/Chaos/PHM bases and islands and allowed STC to rule the game for almost 2 years. We are still the wealthiest corp in game, by far.

So yeah I guess outlasting sucks.

Until I see you (Ville) say something decent about the existing Gamma mechanics, I don't even feel the need to give it a look. The only reason I will even log the accounts in is to keep EP flowing incase I ever do come back, because I don't have enough.

xara wrote:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev … s-inbound/

Particularly:
"The overarching reason for this is that the current ease of movement has shrunk the practical dimensions of New Eden considerably, to the detriment of the game experience."

There's the rub.

Phase one is nerfing power projection as it destroys small scale PvP and is imbalanced.

Phase two is making territory control based on living there and not afk ownership based on asset denial

Phase three is giving people a scalable system of territory control that works from the smaller corperations to the big alliances.

Any of this sounding familiar? These are not new problems Perpetuum faces. They do however need solving.

Syndic wrote:

What people are saying is stop looking at the bigger picture and play the goddamn game.

when will you be back into "playing the game" ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

42 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-10-01 20:42:14)

its funny this thread is full of people who just refuse to play unless the developers cater to them by making the one group of guys who do play a focal point of development features.

its quite sad really.  This game deserves better players than this.  Surely you could all, if you wanted to play actually, form up a group of 15 people and take back territory and whatnot...then you could do whatever you want with it...but you wont even play enough to gather up 15 people...

youll just cry on the forums and play the age old "bore us out with inactivity" game...which wont work now that the game is free.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Cassius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

You only ~controlled the game~ for about a year max, probably more like 9 months.

Sparking to other games

44 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-01 21:06:35)

Jita wrote:

It is a symptom, and yeah maybe 77CIR could play kumba ya with the server but like a wise man once said my philosophy is *** YOU ...PAY ME!

Yeah it may seem unfai for 77CIR to take it all over even if its only 15 dudes doing it. But why should they play Kumba Ya with the server in a GAME that is based on territorial conflict and war where mechs, ya know, shoot at each other?

Like brosef said above, it's a symptom of poor game mechanics.

As far as Beta is concerned it's clearly a Spark issue, followed a close second by the SAP auto-defense point accumulation.

As for Gamma, well base caps don't help, nor does the ability to control Beta. But more than anything, only releasing 6 islands doesn't help. 

Seriously Devs need to, like, TODAY
1.) implement EMERGENCY DELETE SPARKS FROM GAME or something significant with Sparks (see signature)
2.) Then upgrade the Intrusion system to REQUIRE some type of activity to increase SAP points. I don't care if it's a 2-3 second clickity-click either on the SAP or next to the outpost, otherwise NO POINTS for ~successfully defended SAP~
3.) I don't know what to say about Gamma ...should never have implemented base caps for one... but I don't think that would matter much holding all esle constant.

Start with Sparks Devs ...wake up and smell the ***.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:

It is a symptom, and yeah maybe 77CIR could play kumba ya with the server but like a wise man once said my philosophy is *** YOU ...PAY ME!

Yeah it may seem unfai for 77CIR to take it all over even if its only 15 dudes doing it. But why should they play Kumba Ya with the server in a GAME that is based on territorial conflict and war where mechs, ya know, shoot at each other?

Like brosef said above, it's a symptom of poor game mechanics.

As far as Beta is concerned it's clearly a Spark issue, followed a close second by the SAP auto-defense point accumulation.

As for Gamma, well base caps don't help, nor does the ability to control Beta. But more than anything, only releasing 6 islands doesn't help. 

Seriously Devs need to, like, TODAY
1.) implement EMERGENCY DELETE SPARKS FROM GAME or something significant with Sparks (see signature)
2.) Then upgrade the Intrusion system to REQUIRE some type of activity to increase SAP points. I don't care if it's a 2-3 second clickity-click either on the SAP or next to the outpost, otherwise NO POINTS for ~successfully defended SAP~
3.) I don't know what to say about Gamma ...should never have implemented base caps for one... but I don't think that would matter much holding all esle constant.

Start with Sparks Devs ...wake up and smell the ***.

Im not asking for any more than whats in your post. Every time I ask its a political thing rather than just bad mechanics. Im glad we agree.

46 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-01 21:21:18)

I just keep asking for what I think is right, not politically expedient. But I am one voice and others in 77CIR may not think Sparks are an issue, or that nerfing them won't make a difference. It's debatable, but I know what side of that debate I have been on since day one.

But despite a few voices of opposition its Dev Zoom that is the problem on Sparks, not 77CIR

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/103058/#p103058

~helping the game~ how sir? Please give me an example or two...

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

I just keep asking for what I think is right, not politically expedient. But I am one voice and others in 77CIR may not think Sparks are an issue, or that nerfing them won't make a difference. It's debatable, but I know what side of that debate I have been on since day one.

But despite a few voices of opposition its Dev Zoom that is the problem on Sparks, not 77CIR

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.

Example is me jumping between Tell, shin and hersh managing my market orders.

Me jumping to ics alpha to help new players with missions. 

Spending more time pveing while waiting for a formup instead of logistically move to location

Being able to hop back to a station and load up a sequer with stuff I may or may not have forgot

Being able to hop into the action instead of missing out 

Helps with doing missions.

Ville wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

DEV Zoom wrote:

Example is me jumping between Tell, shin and hersh managing my market orders.

Me jumping to ics alpha to help new players with missions. 

Spending more time pveing while waiting for a formup instead of logistically move to location

Being able to hop back to a station and load up a sequer with stuff I may or may not have forgot

Being able to hop into the action instead of missing out 

Helps with doing missions.

The trouble is all of these examples are why sparks shouldn't exist. You shouldn't be able to do everything whenever you want. Doing something is a decision that negates you from doing something else.

I don't think so.  I think a game is played to have fun.  I like having time to do more Fun stuff then grindy stuff.

Derail successful

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d