Topic: Gamma Territory

Guys, I think your on the right track.  BUT, we need more space to create separation.

6 islands don't buy you time.  6 islands buy you 1 month.  At best.

And consider adding betas in the far reaching corners.  Your on the right track.  Just not there yet.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Gamma Territory

Yes

How about we fix the real issue?

4 (edited by Jita 2014-09-29 13:53:21)

another couple of hundred islands would help, I really think the devs just are not thinking big enough. Alpha should be 40 islands, beta a hundred and gamma another 200. Peple would naturally converge around trade hubs but think how many problems this would solve.

alt scouts

spawn camping

sparks

emergent gameplay

power projection

The game would have scale and scale would provide space for the kind of growth the game needs. Even if you procedurally generated them based on copies of current maps (or old maps) it would be better than currently. I know it seems like this would make the world seem empty but thats what made early eve 0.0 so exciting.

Is there server contraints that would prevent this?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I think alot of it has to do with server space.  Remember they have to pay to rent additional hardware.  But your right.  There's no where to hide in this game.

as much as i would like to see hundreds of islands... i simply don't see many of the game mechanics optimized for that. the PVE part and character progression is tailored to a total of 6 islands (3 alphas, 3 betas) and there has not yet been a single outline beeing posted by the DEVs on how to expand this.

The announced random mission generator is nothing special, but one of the most basic sandbox game features.
The existing mission system is based on a themepark leveling missions with the option to endlessly repeat done ones.

And compared to EVE... in Perpetuum the server permanently runs all instances all the time. EVE has its grid system where space is generated mostly "on demand". With perpetuums static NPC spawn system, an now again the gamma bases (which are comparable to 1 npc per turret!)  i don't see how any server could hold a big number of empty islands... sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

200 islands, thumbs up

Supremacy wrote:

200 islands, thumbs up

BTW you're right. There are should not be populous islands. Little corps should be able to dissolve in the gamma for some time. And this is should be a luck to find any noob base. Else we will have same beta islands.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

200 islands, thumbs up

BTW you're right. There are should not be populous islands. Little corps should be able to dissolve in the gamma for some time. And this is should be a luck to find any noob base. Else we will have same beta islands.

even with 500 gamma islands, its kinda easy to find any noob outpost. you just monitor the beta-gamma teleports for activity and follow anyone hauling terraformer charges, field container or any other deployable stuff in higher quantities wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

200 islands, thumbs up

even with 500 gamma islands, its kinda easy to find any noob outpost. you just monitor the beta-gamma teleports for activity and follow anyone hauling terraformer charges, field container or any other deployable stuff in higher quantities wink

Yep.

11 (edited by Hunter 2014-10-01 01:57:53)

Annihilator wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

200 islands, thumbs up

And what?.. Ok, lets call a super hero for help - Captain-Obviousness. Do you know what he said? - He said that we need more beta-islands and abilities to jump by using interzones.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

12 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-01 06:30:08)

Jita wrote:

another couple of hundred islands would help, I really think the devs just are not thinking big enough. Alpha should be 40 islands, beta a hundred and gamma another 200. Peple would naturally converge around trade hubs but think how many problems this would solve.

alt scouts

spawn camping

sparks

emergent gameplay

power projection

The game would have scale and scale would provide space for the kind of growth the game needs. Even if you procedurally generated them based on copies of current maps (or old maps) it would be better than currently. I know it seems like this would make the world seem empty but thats what made early eve 0.0 so exciting.

Is there server contraints that would prevent this?

BINGO

Game will not grow without more islands and PVE super revamp. All other issues chump change to pacify tiny population.

Sparking to other games

It doesn't help when you deliberately prevent it from growing by locking all stations and base capping all gammas.

Your alliance has set out to deny two thirds of the games content to new people.

Tonnik wrote:

It doesn't help when you deliberately prevent it from growing by locking all stations and base capping all gammas.

Your alliance has set out to deny two thirds of the games content to new people.

This is a symptom, not a cause.

Tonnik wrote:

Then do something about it create that content.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

Then do something about it create that content.

Don't be stupid. Your expecting anyone new to either be able to take on the strongest alliance or stay on alpha. It's ridiculous.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

If you don't like the service in your local shop, you can go ahead and blame customers for it.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Your deliberately going out of your way to be idiots and shut down the game for no benefit to yourself at all.

Content has been provided, not our fault that u dont embrace it fuuu

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Though I appreciate the level of hero worship you have with CIR naming stations after me I would ask that you put yourself in the shoes of a new cooperation or group that sees all of beta locked down and all of gamma base capped. What was the point in all that gamma content if one alliance holds but does not use it.

What we do with our territory is our choice, we're using it as we see fit.

If you want it, come take it.

Or keep crying to Zoom to change the game and hand it to you.

God forbid you had to play the game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Gamma should have never been implemented without those checks and balances.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Yep.

Wrong there is a way to lose anyone following you, think about it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

What we do with our territory is our choice, we're using it as we see fit.

If you want it, come take it.

Or keep crying to Zoom to change the game and hand it to you.

God forbid you had to play the game.

Irony overload. We said the same thing to your alliance for 2 years when we controlled the game.

25 (edited by Ville 2014-10-01 16:20:01)

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Yep.

Wrong there is a way to lose anyone following you, think about it.

I bet you would be surprised.