Re: no remboursement of terraforming charges

DEV Zoom wrote:

Pardon my skepticism, but a Symbiont would need to run 5 terraform modules 24/7 for more than 2 months to consume 2.5 million charges.

you think people used one symbiant?

My base was built over a space of three weeks using 7 termis for 14+ hours a day. Like i said a little square box cost me 1 billion. How much you think a whole island cost?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I have a suggestion:  Cut the current terraforming prices from 3000 Nic a piece to 300 Nic a piece then send Ville 75 million Nic he already spent leveling out his current base because gamma was hastily rushed to live.

Ville stop crying for a measly 75million NIC.

I spent 7.5 billion the first round, so you can piss off as far as I am concerned.

It's not my fault dude, I lost billions too, but don't come in whining about 75million.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Pardon my skepticism, but a Symbiont would need to run 5 terraform modules 24/7 for more than 2 months to consume 2.5 million charges.

My base was built over a space of three weeks using 7 termis for 14+ hours a day. Like i said a little square box cost me 1 billion. How much you think a whole island cost?

Sorry, I thought we're talking about now, since Ville talked about his current terraforming.

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Ville stop crying for a measly 75million NIC.

I spent 7.5 billion the first round, so you can piss off as far as I am concerned.

It's not my fault dude, I lost billions too, but don't come in whining about 75million.

I spent 9 months building expanding and working on things day after day across 5 to 8 accounts.

I just spent 75 Million nic, like a week ago.  Doing more Live action testing! 

Seriously Zoom we invested Billions, funded by.. Beacons you nerfed!  I tried to tell you guys a long time ago there are some HUGE nic sinks in this game but you continue making it harder to make money in this game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry, I thought we're talking about now, since Ville talked about his current terraforming.

No he was saying thats what the first beta testing we did of gamma was before it was wiped and we get to try again.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

Seriously Zoom we invested Billions, funded by.. Beacons you nerfed!  I tried to tell you guys a long time ago there are some HUGE nic sinks in this game but you continue making it harder to make money in this game.

wonder how zoom reads this.... I cannot decide if your actually telling that the game was terrible broken because you could create NIC faster then you could spend it, and nerfing beacons was a really a good decision... or the oppositte.

??
hmm

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anni, wiping 1 fleet in pvp could be a potential 1 billion Nic lose.  Some corps need an industrial backbone to sustain that.

The grind for Nic needs to be less than the time having fun.

DEV Zoom wrote:

.... im sorry Zoom but......

HAVE YOU NOT PAYED ANY ATTENTION TO THE LAST 2 YEARS?!?!?

people terraformed like mad. Many like Vile payed for millions of tfing charges that were then given out to corp members ect. a crazy few TD'd for weeks solo. 

Me alone i would have payed / used 300k-400k charges over that time period at a min.

Its comments like this from a DEV that make me glad im taking a break to play Archeage.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

people terraformed like mad. Many like Vile payed for millions of tfing charges that were then given out to corp members ect. a crazy few TD'd for weeks solo. 

Me alone i would have payed / used 300k-400k charges over that time period at a min.

Its comments like this from a DEV that make me glad im taking a break to play Archeage.

Stop frothing at the mouth and take your pills, try reading the thread before looking like a fool.

DEV Zoom wrote:

36 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-09-30 09:26:20)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Seriously, Zoom!? Did you ever see Imidero? NeBs filled in a hole about 14 cubic kilometers on just one part of our base. Terrain was sea level at one edge and the hole was about 2500m by 3000m square. We lifted the terrain to 1900m height and had 2600m (above 0m) walls.

It took four Symbionts about 16 hours a day for three weeks to complete and at times there were double that number. That's just the back of the main base, does't include the front. On that island also were three 200m thick, 2600m high, 2000m long walls at the teleports. Add to that all the "passable terrain" terraforming and offensive terraforming during sieges of other bases.

I estimate that NeBs which, lets face it had less than 10 active members during most of this time spent easliy over 10 billion on terraforming. STC must have spent something similar or more. I'm sure PHM must be there or thereabouts too - they terraformed 3 islands.

I don't think there should be any reimbursement. We had fun, we made money, move on.

[EDIT] Oops, sorry. Jumped the gun a bit. Plead guilty to not reading the thread properly.[/EDIT]

Interesting thread.

Pretty sure the OP was expecting reimbursement for used charges and not existing ones as the patch notes said.
The existing terraforming structure certainly eliminates what we could do in the past by far. Reimbursement per terminal of 500 mill Nic is ***. I think anyone who was on Gamma 1.0 should have walked away with more in Nic than they invested. So not really sure how much should be reimbursed. But since Ville is probably only one of the few on Gamma 2.0, maybe that's his call.

Also Ville, after 4 years in the game surely you know the jeopardy of being first out the gate with a new mechanic.
Good luck with Gamma.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

And what happened?  Wiped, no nic reimbursement.  No time reimbursement.  Nothing.  Blink of an Eye gone.

Thanks for Beta Testing, have a great day!

Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

And what happened?  Wiped, no nic reimbursement.  No time reimbursement.  Nothing.  Blink of an Eye gone.

I lol'd, sucks to be you lol

Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Really im not sure PHM should receive any reimbursement as they didn't have a gamma base when the server got wiped.

41 (edited by Hunter 2014-09-30 15:24:40)

I want to remind you that most part the terraforming was intended as fortifying. Fortify the islands been directed to cover the assets.

The DeV's already reimbursed your spends. They moved all your assets in to alphas. Now it's safe. That's it.

No need to reimburse anything else.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Really im not sure PHM should receive any reimbursement as they didn't have a gamma base when the server got wiped.

Neither did OP his got wiped at xiantor.  Although we did have terraforming at Krazlov 1.0 and an assload at Langhrum, lol!  We had some at greensword too. 

But I agree with Hunter.  I'm for not getting reimbursed.  We had our fun.

If you want to do something positive, increase the symbionts bonus to terraforming and cut the Nic price for charges.

44 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-09-30 18:11:07)

Ville wrote:

If you want to do something positive, increase the symbionts bonus to terraforming and cut the Nic price for charges.

Make them be player made even, add them to the research tree alongside harvester charges but at a higher level.

This allows newer industrialists to make them for sale without using kernels and ep to open up another page on the research window.

Better hope they don't lose any database transaction logs........

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Im still waiting on the reimbursement due to BOS for Davis Barrier TF being lost due to corrupted server files. We werent in the billions but around 100m worth of TF was lost. What say you ZOOM?

Aye Pod wrote:

Im still waiting on the reimbursement due to BOS for Davis Barrier TF being lost due to corrupted server files. We werent in the billions but around 100m worth of TF was lost. What say you ZOOM?

The logs show nothing

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

TBH terraforming already take a lot of time, so should be free, and a tax imposed depending on land requirements to make terraforming non degradable.

RIP PERPETUUM

49 (edited by Burial 2014-10-01 17:06:51)

Celebro wrote:

TBH terraforming already take a lot of time, so should be free, and a tax imposed depending on land requirements to make terraforming non degradable.

Good idea.