Topic: Spark TP cool-down

To start yes I know this has been talked about before and is somewhere deep down in the forums.

So i guess what I am asking is

Should there be a cool-down?

How long should it be?

Re: Spark TP cool-down

There should be around a 12hr cooldown, no waiting game needed ,a 1-4 hr cooldown will be just annoying. I think with the speed boost no one should complain now about walking its pretty fast.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-26 16:11:32)

Celebro wrote:

I think with the speed boost no one should complain now about walking its pretty fast.

The people that come newly into the game now after the speed boost will say: "Movement is so slow in this game."

Am I right?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

4 (edited by T3xasp3t3 2014-09-26 16:15:07)

Most likely but the new movement speed made the game smaller so i think a STP CD would be easy for most to swallow

to quote Zoom: "Not going to happen"

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

if that's how they want it then power projection will always be broken

The power projection is a lie

why would you need a cooldown on something that is going to be removed anyway?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Most likely but the new movement speed made the game smaller so i think a STP CD would be easy for most to swallow

But they also have made the game world larger with gamma and moving the islands further apart so IZ don't get you where they use too.

The point system in place limiting number of sparks are going to become more precious now with gamma in place. While power projection is something that is there it will become more limited as we move forward with more islands.

I see no reason to have a cool down because the above will limit power projection to a specific amount of islands or island.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

that is true i didnt think about that

11 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-26 20:46:07)

Never liked cooldown for it's annoyance factor. Plus Sparks do have use but we have TOO many, even with introduction of Gamma. With multiple accounts you can have your dedicated gamma characters while still leaving room for other characters to spark around Beta.

Beta needs limit to 1 spark max and only in corp owned outpost. No sparks in friendly outposts. No sparks in Beta II terminals.

Frankly, my sig still applies to my opinion.

1 Spark Aplha
1 Spark Beta
1 Spark Gamma
Choose one of the above for your Home to eliminate blood spark.

If Devs put in cooldown they may as well just remove sparks completely.

Sparking to other games

12 (edited by Supremacy 2014-09-27 00:44:01)

I use Sparks, teleports, interzones, speed everyday to easily move around the server where needed for PvP.

Told Zoom 10,000,000,000 times Sparks are 1,000,000 x overpowered

nope

he dont care

too bad for you guys I guess

13 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-27 00:57:11)

Supremacy wrote:

I use Sparks, teleports, interzones, speed everyday to easily move around the server where needed for PvP.

Told Zoom 10,000,000,000 times Sparks are 1,000,000 x overpowered

nope

he dont care

too bad for you guys I guess

Please point to evidence on the map that sparks are overpowered

Sparking to other games

yes yes make sparking a pain, give it a huge cooldown.

you imagine the world will be full of noobie corps with stations without the means to defend them and life will be good.

what will really happen is nothing will change other than the ability for you to defend your station is now nerfed.

because youll still want to farm on alpha where its safe.

the problem with the game world and the political map isn't power projection, its that most players in the game are unwilling to take significant losses. 

Even making the stations have immense value, and making it nearly impossible to do more than attack and defend one station at a time...your still stuck with the nagging issue of a playerbase so terrified of pvp and a vet population more concerned with protecting their ego, that nothing much will change.

Numerous times the other side had the option to take a station, they would rather not have than risk having then losing it since no one is apparently able to defend against 10-20 players who know what they are doing.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

15 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-28 03:52:00)

Stranger Danger wrote:

yes yes make sparking a pain, give it a huge cooldown.

you imagine the world will be full of noobie corps with stations without the means to defend them and life will be good.

what will really happen is nothing will change other than the ability for you to defend your station is now nerfed.

because youll still want to farm on alpha where its safe.

the problem with the game world and the political map isn't power projection, its that most players in the game are unwilling to take significant losses. 

Even making the stations have immense value, and making it nearly impossible to do more than attack and defend one station at a time...your still stuck with the nagging issue of a playerbase so terrified of pvp and a vet population more concerned with protecting their ego, that nothing much will change.

Numerous times the other side had the option to take a station, they would rather not have than risk having then losing it since no one is apparently able to defend against 10-20 players who know what they are doing.

You're right that nerfing sparks will not change attitudes or aggressiveness in pvp playstyles. It only makes it harder for dominating power to be everywhere ...and thats the whole *** point. The idea is to open up Beta to more people not change their playstyles or make them more effective pvpers. Otherwise Beta is only available to the very strongest. What kind of *** up game is that for all but the very strongest?

Sparks are broken so bad that the game is broken with it. Aside from the PVE disaster it's the single worst problem in the game.

Sparking to other games

spark teleporting is even to overpowered for what it was implemented. a few guys wreaking any chance of dynamic market between factional islands.

but thank you stranger danger for pointing out why spark teleport can be removed from beta without any impact to "noobs" gameplay.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I think one important reason to have spark now is to compensate low player base. If a indy guy can spark between two alpha terminals, he can provide both with service. If this would be removed, several player would have felt quite inconvini the last month, as markets would have had complete other development.

Another important point is to give gamma agents the safty to be able to do some alpha stuff as well while their corp cannot cover their gamma activity. This is important unless activity is that high, that even "smaller" corps (smaller  meaning with far more people than today, but meaning not beeing the top 5 corps concerning number of active player) can cover 24/7. Without this, you would see on gamma mainly player that have additional accounts for alpha playing in times when a corp could not provide a decent level of activity.

Goffer wrote:

I think one important reason to have spark now is to compensate low player base. If a indy guy can spark between two alpha terminals, he can provide both with service. If this would be removed, several player would have felt quite inconvini the last month, as markets would have had complete other development.

Another important point is to give gamma agents the safty to be able to do some alpha stuff as well while their corp cannot cover their gamma activity. This is important unless activity is that high, that even "smaller" corps (smaller  meaning with far more people than today, but meaning not beeing the top 5 corps concerning number of active player) can cover 24/7. Without this, you would see on gamma mainly player that have additional accounts for alpha playing in times when a corp could not provide a decent level of activity.

Everything that is in this post is exactly why sparks should NOT exist.

Tonnik wrote:

Everything that is in this post is exactly why sparks should NOT exist.

QFT.

20 (edited by Burial 2014-09-28 20:02:49)

Gammas need Spark TP, Betas and Alphas don't.

Burial wrote:

Gammas need Spark TP, Betas and Alphas don't.

I'm not even sure of that tbh. Without sparks your forced to live there or not. With sparks you can have all the benefits of alpha and gamma.

Currently Gammas lack content. Don't think anyone could fully live there.

Burial wrote:

Currently Gammas lack content. Don't think anyone could fully live there.

yes and no

currently gamma is a single hop away from beta.
there are some serious miss-designed mechanics that prevent you from really living on gamma (aka depending on alpha/beta nic-sinks, bad mineral distribution in crafting), but as long as those islands are still subsidaries of beta islands, thats no argument FOR spark teleporting.

the one and only spark teleport that is not overpowered, is a free "return to homebase" one-way teleport. Simply because thats the same as bloodsparking with an arkhe, which can't be prevented without real negative impact for alpha dweller

24 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-29 18:37:35)

How about 1 way STP to alpha only from beta or gamma. ?

RIP PERPETUUM

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … teleports/

How about all you people start by reading this Topic.