Topic: Balancing of the islands, and uncomfortable discussion

So as everyone has probably noticed by opening up their map there appears to be little if no reason to venture beyond Alpha.  I know the trend has been to make alpha more safe and better for all, and I do agree that pve content needs to be improved...as I know most people wont want to do pvp...or at a minimum most people wont want to be engaged in a pvp possible situation all day every day while playing.  Im guilty of this, sometimes I want to mine in peace while I work.

Anywhoo the balancing issue im seeing based on the little feedback ive managed to spot being advertised, be it propaganda, trolling, or excuses seems to hold a very constant trend.

Its not worth it for most players to even try to be on beta, and gamma with is heavy expenditure, lack of creative terraforming, and just collixium...well it seems no one wants to bother fighting for any of it...which is why we can just take it all with no contest...which is why we can basically not play for a month and come back to everything still in our possession...despite a few ninja attempts by the standard one or two ninja sappers.

I think perhaps after the all important pve revamp (and more than just missions needs to be redone...so see you in 14 months on that) we seriously need to look at why you would want to be on beta or gamma, to look at how possession changes hands.

Right now just epi and access to gamma is the reason for a beta terminal, and gamma is a slight boost in facility and a resource no one uses.

Bottom line, no one was ever even interested in defending their stations, after that only a few legit tries to take a beta station took place, and that was more for ego than need.

Your pve objectives are shallow and consist of mostly ego as the reason to take a station, and that needs to change.

And deep down I know....alpha is way too powerful....resources are infinite in complete safety, the pve missions are pretty good considering no risk beyond pve death....weve made alpha the best place to be which makes the rest of the game kinda moot...

Youll see when no one bothers to take gamma besides us, and no one bothers to fight for it...just like beta.

I don't have the answers, I just know that no one cares to fight for anything, no matter how many allies, no matter the immense and delicious amounts of hate felt towards us...We need to rethink why beta/gamma and how it changes hands...right now theres not much reason and the system for the changing of possession is incredibly boring and favors ninja sapping and avoiding fights which is the opposite of what it should be.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Re: Balancing of the islands, and uncomfortable discussion

One way I can think to solve the ability to not log in for months would be a change to the sap system a bit.   I saw it in another thread where the control of a station should degrade if you dont maintain your own saps.

a bonus to go with that could be if a corp has 100% control of a sap for more than 6 days on the 7th day and each following 7th day an "invasion" of high end equipped bots matching the territory (ie green bots on green beta's) with extremely rare drops.

another angle could be if you control the terminal you can also control the ports in that district with exception of the one to get back to alpha. and you could close off a gamma island by controlling all terminal districts leading to it or make it accessable to only your allies or the inhabitant's enemies.

Beta's draw used to be you could mine and farm the same amount much faster, but as I found out (guessing it was during initia's sap) theres more trigger happy players out there than when I last played.  - oh well purchase new bots move on-

ORLY

im not bothering with it until its improved

if I had to take my own SAP to defend a station, Racedrones would be rich.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

make Beta = Alpha*1,5

make Gamma = Beta*1,5

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

7 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-09-26 21:41:40)

Ive been saying this for a while.  Make the taking of gamma and beta stations more like a darkfall style siege.  This will give people a reason to log in and actually fight even if they are not relevant to the outcome or warring parties. 24/7 babysitting, shooing away the gnats that will ninja a sap just to do it, and never ever getting a decent fight due to its lame mechanics...that's no fun.  I hate doing saps, I hate standing guard hoping someone else shows up...which never happens...

Incorporate a competitive pve mechanic (that energy source were suppose to be sending back to earth for the last 4 years...remember that anyone?) and put that on gamma with the requirement it be refined on alpha give noobie corps that are alpha peasants some type of role in this, like they should want to buy it then refine it then ship it back to earth.

Bring back static ore spawns.  Now that you have painted no build zones you can put fields outside of it.  Make alpha crappy, beta good, and gamma amazing in terms of field density.

None of this will ever happen but its nice to dream I guess.

Just my two cents.

Personally I think beta is fine gamma needs some love in terms of high risk no reward...but the rest of the game is so intent to blue ball the game into the grave you might as well cater to the burial types who refuse to play unless daddy zoom gives them that lollipop...and make the game more fun for all while your at it.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

8 (edited by Hallfrom 2014-09-27 06:57:55)

Stranger Danger wrote:

So as everyone has probably noticed by opening up their map there appears to be little if no reason to venture beyond Alpha.  I know the trend has been to make alpha more safe and better for all, and I do agree that pve content needs to be improved...as I know most people wont want to do pvp...or at a minimum most people wont want to be engaged in a pvp possible situation all day every day while playing.  Im guilty of this, sometimes I want to mine in peace while I work.

Anywhoo the balancing issue im seeing based on the little feedback ive managed to spot being advertised, be it propaganda, trolling, or excuses seems to hold a very constant trend.

Its not worth it for most players to even try to be on beta, and gamma with is heavy expenditure, lack of creative terraforming, and just collixium...well it seems no one wants to bother fighting for any of it...which is why we can just take it all with no contest...which is why we can basically not play for a month and come back to everything still in our possession...despite a few ninja attempts by the standard one or two ninja sappers.

I think perhaps after the all important pve revamp (and more than just missions needs to be redone...so see you in 14 months on that) we seriously need to look at why you would want to be on beta or gamma, to look at how possession changes hands.

Right now just epi and access to gamma is the reason for a beta terminal, and gamma is a slight boost in facility and a resource no one uses.

Bottom line, no one was ever even interested in defending their stations, after that only a few legit tries to take a beta station took place, and that was more for ego than need.

Your pve objectives are shallow and consist of mostly ego as the reason to take a station, and that needs to change.

And deep down I know....alpha is way too powerful....resources are infinite in complete safety, the pve missions are pretty good considering no risk beyond pve death....weve made alpha the best place to be which makes the rest of the game kinda moot...

Youll see when no one bothers to take gamma besides us, and no one bothers to fight for it...just like beta.

I don't have the answers, I just know that no one cares to fight for anything, no matter how many allies, no matter the immense and delicious amounts of hate felt towards us...We need to rethink why beta/gamma and how it changes hands...right now theres not much reason and the system for the changing of possession is incredibly boring and favors ninja sapping and avoiding fights which is the opposite of what it should be.

Listen friend.
Do you want to force all newcomers to participate in the battles of Betty (and probably at the same time you have to buy you exclusive goods). But say thanks to the developers for their lovely system experience. I bet that 80% of beginners prefer to go Betty in fully armed, at least on the robot class mech. So I advise you to be patient ... it will be in 6 months - not before.

PS. Turn on the brain. Exercise your brain! Exercise your brain !!!