Topic: Welcome new players!

Noticing a large rise of unfamiliar names in GC breaking 100 today.  Lots of new faces, GL agents!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Welcome new players!

Ville wrote:

Noticing a large rise of unfamiliar names in GC breaking 100 today.  Lots of new faces, GL agents!

That's Ville speak for "Omg, look! New targets!"

Reset each other yet?

Targets could be comrades! Comrades good. Targets good. Win-Win!

Toku wrote:

Targets could be comrades! Comrades good. Targets good. Win-Win!

oh yeah, just what you guys need, more friends...

Reset each other yet?

Lots of new alts lol

6 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-21 09:08:39)

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Ville wrote:

That's Ville speak for "Omg, look! New recruits!"

fixed that for you.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Targets are a resource. Our course of action, as we paid for the game, is to use those resources as we see fit. Zoom's goal is to make the resource replenishment sustainable.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Noticed that the game is not very friendly to new players.
1) The main drawback of the system is very uncomfortable experience.
If you estimate what would catch up with those who are in the project for a long time will take about a year ... For all that, at a pace that is already tired of the game after 2 months (as the practice of online projects too long process of gaining experience negative develops the gameplay). Given the fact that without experience in the game to do nothing.
2) Preparation of industrial glasses.
Noticed some NPCs that are decorative in nature (for example copper diggers). And NPCs that are the core industrial trusts do not meet. It would be necessary to correct the situation. Prices for these nuclei for 2000.
3) Descriptions.
Many items no description. It is unclear why for example need a plasma which is very abundant drops from mobs.

I can still continue for a long time. But for now limited. I hope you will consider the above.
PS. I can even suggest a few ideas how to recycle system experience.

Can we get an English version?

Hallfrom wrote:

Noticed that the game is not very friendly to new players.
1) The main drawback of the system is very uncomfortable experience.
If you estimate what would catch up with those who are in the project for a long time will take about a year ... For all that, at a pace that is already tired of the game after 2 months (as the practice of online projects too long process of gaining experience negative develops the gameplay). Given the fact that without experience in the game to do nothing.
2) Preparation of industrial glasses.
Noticed some NPCs that are decorative in nature (for example copper diggers). And NPCs that are the core industrial trusts do not meet. It would be necessary to correct the situation. Prices for these nuclei for 2000.
3) Descriptions.
Many items no description. It is unclear why for example need a plasma which is very abundant drops from mobs.

I can still continue for a long time. But for now limited. I hope you will consider the above.
PS. I can even suggest a few ideas how to recycle system experience.

http://s.pikabu.ru/images/previews_comm … 788932.jpg

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Ville wrote:

Translation:

1. Game is not new player friendly. Gap between new and old players is a problem, as experience and EP is necessary to succeed.

2. I think he means industrial kernels are very expensive compared to other racial kernels.

3. Not clear, but  I think he wants more detailed description of items. Does not like plasma for some reason.

RIP PERPETUUM

SELL you plasma to the infinite buy orders. Plasma is Nic.

Sparking to other games

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Translation:

1. Game is not new player friendly. Gap between new and old players is a problem, as experience and EP is necessary to succeed.

2. I think he means industrial kernels are very expensive compared to other racial kernels.

3. Not clear, but  I think he wants more detailed description of items. Does not like plasma for some reason.

1.  Yes you can, day one.
2.  Fewer industrial spawns over abundance of racials.
3.  Yes.

Rex Amelius wrote:

I have not seen here NPC merchants which the could be sold garbage. And if it is purchased in the market - so they need for something ... And where is the description of why it is needed?

PS. I have noticed that many players are trying to keep all the idiots and trade for real money in the game. And apparently in this behind the scenes support administration of the project.

RU

Я не видел здесь НПС торговцев которым можно было бы продать мусор. А если это покупается на рынке - значит они нужны для чего то... И где описание зачем оно нужно?

ПС. Я заметил, что, многие игроки пытаются держать здесь всех за идиотов и торговать за реальные деньги внутри игры. И видимо в  этом негласно поддерживает администрация проекта.

Hallfrom wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

I have not seen here NPC merchants which the could be sold garbage. And if it is purchased in the market - so they need for something ... And where is the description of why it is needed?

PS. I have noticed that many players are trying to keep all the idiots and trade for real money in the game. And apparently in this behind the scenes support administration of the project.

Plasma, garbage? Are we talking about the same thing? That stuff that drops from every NPC kill.  Not sure what conspiracy you're referring to ...just trying to be helpful in the Welcome thread.

Sparking to other games

Hallfrom,
The plasma is just to keep the economy from going stagnant once all the PvE and PvP players spend all their money on amor, weapons, and bots.   In an RP sense, its a form of energy that we are on this planet to collect.

the plasma is nothing but a not very well implemented npc-kill-bounty system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I think the language barrier is getting us here (at least on the plasma issue).

I belive his issue (#3), was that there is not enough description/info on things.  His example was plasma.  He does not know what it is for or where to sell it.  He is correct, in general there is nowhere that says "plasma is to be sold for NIC at a terminal or traded to other players and has no other use in the game".  And based upon the number of times I (and I am sure all the rest of us) have answered that question, he is correct.

Our only answer is ask question in GC or corp chat, memorize Zortarg's guide and fight to get over the steep learning curve new players. FYI: I dont think he wants new players spoon fed, just wants teh tools to be able to figure stuff out (ie info tab that says. plasma is only used to get NIC)

But back on topic....
Yes, it is difficult for new players. This game is great, but it just lacks enough content to keep new players involved (or vets for that matter).  THis is currently the topic of almost every post on these forumes (except the corp dialog garbage)

well, item descriptions can be fixed realtively easy if requested in the right forum section.
there is just that issue that most (item) description are more "lore" then actualy "game related". To bad that the lore has not much to do with the game

I had to rage at a Hungarian to get mouse over tool tips.

21 (edited by Hallfrom 2014-09-25 08:50:50)

About the experience.
It can be sold as cartridges and Tile scanners - for tokens from corporations (in the game are provided an trade tokens), for example calling them mnemonic disks. And to do that would be at high levels (if the experience is already unnecessary), to enable the creation of mnemonic discs and selling them for tokens to corporations. As a result, it can further increase the usefulness of tokens.

As a result of this system does not lose any new or old players.

PS. Otherwise, often have to leave the game for a month or more. Do not have a positive effect on the review of the project.

RU

По поводу опыта.
Его можно продавать как патроны и тайловые сканеры - за токены корпораций (в игре предусмотренна торговля токенами), скажем назвав их мнемоническими дисками. И сделать что бы на высоких уровнях (если опыт будет уже ненужен), дать возможность создания мнемонических дисков и продажи их за токены корпорациям. В итоге это дополнительно повысит полезность токенов.

В итоге от этой системы не проиграют ни старые игроки ни новые.

PS. В противном случае часто придется оставлять игру на месяц и более. Что не скажется позитивно на отзывах о проекте.

If im reading your post right, Hallfrom, you have a good idea to help the new player training curve.

Allow vet players to sell their excess EP on the market which would allow new and intermediate players to buy and catch up in the EP gap.  Also vets would get more of the most valuable commodity NIC, and possibly more of a player base to fill corps and to hunt.    I wonder though, how much do our vets think EP would go for on the market?   would it remain affordable to newbi's?

Heyterlo wrote:

If im reading your post right, Hallfrom, you have a good idea to help the new player training curve.

Allow vet players to sell their excess EP on the market which would allow new and intermediate players to buy and catch up in the EP gap.  Also vets would get more of the most valuable commodity NIC, and possibly more of a player base to fill corps and to hunt.    I wonder though, how much do our vets think EP would go for on the market?   would it remain affordable to newbi's?

Because it is a bid to tie them to tokens. Most veterans know what it takes to earn tokens - it will balance the economic part.
Because it cost to do that would experience only sold on the market corporations in exchange for tokens. On the other hand the tokens will be similar to the unused experience points.

RU

Потому именно предложение привязать их к токенам. Большинство ветеранов в курсе что требуется для заработка токенов - это и будет уравновешивать экономическую часть.
Потому стоит сделать что бы опыт продавался только на рынок корпораций в обмен на токены. С другой стороны токены станут аналогичны не использованным очкам опыта.

24 (edited by QeX 2014-09-25 14:02:00)

Hallfrom wrote:

RU

Потому именно предложение привязать их к токенам. Большинство ветеранов в курсе что требуется для заработка токенов - это и будет уравновешивать экономическую часть.
Потому стоит сделать что бы опыт продавался только на рынок корпораций в обмен на токены. С другой стороны токены станут аналогичны не использованным очкам опыта.

Only RU.

Зачем тогда будет нужен бустер? Можно же просто фармить токены и менять на опыт. Фармить и менять. Ботоводить и менять. Ботоводить и продавать токены за реал.

На прямую ОР не стоит давать, имхо:

1. Увеличить начальное количество ОР на старте для новичков.
2. Дать новичкам бустер на месяц или более.
3. Разрешинь сбрасывать бесплатно некоторое ограниченое количество ОР новичкам. 
4. Ввести обратно айсы (ice), которые игроки купят за реальную валюту, а продать в игре смогут за игровую валюту или обменять на что-то.

По пункту 4:

4.1 Ограничить айсы 25% увеличением прихода ОР. (Оригинальная подписка сейчас дает 50% увеличение прихода ОР)
4.2 Уменьшить цену покупки aйсы в 2 раза. 
4.3 Суммровать эффект от айсы и оригинальной подписки.

На счет вопроса по РМТ, кто тебе предлагал то?

I'm sorry, but EP is far more valuable than NiC. NiC is easy to earn, EP much slower. And although some vets are over 2 million EP now, I would say very few feel like they have all they need and have an excess to sell.