Topic: Weird arrow results

When using the geoscanner, I keep getting arrows that dont make any sense

Can anyone shine any light on what is going on?

http://imgur.com/3gnkRmL
http://imgur.com/a6TVAr4

Re: Weird arrow results

You probably have low geoscanner accuracy, so the readings are giving you an error.  You can bump up your accuracy with a bot that gives a geoscanning bonus (argano), getting a better geoscanner and/or putting some EP into the skill.

Or you can just live with it and kinda go in the correct direction until you get an X for the mineral you need (will take more charges)

You can check out your geoscanner accuracy with the info on that item.

HTH

Sigras, yes that looks like scanner error.  you can get 100% accurate with an argano, t4 scanner, and its between 6 and 10 levels in the appropiate extensions.  I"m thinking light indy bot control or geo scanning, but verify the extension and bot bonuses before spending the valuable points.

Another way to help would be spread your initial arrows further.  the 3 pointing the same direction looks to be correct.

Basic geochemistry gives you scanning accuracy.

Travel on your image in the direction of 12 o'clock, or up, for 400m and then scan again. This scan will not be roughly "in line" like all your other scans are and should point to roughly where you need to go. Having low scanner accuracy means you will get more variation the closer to the location you are.  If I had to guess your site is located to the left of the large building behind you, between it and the accelerator path further behind the building. You should also always have the ground tile selected where you do your scan from, and your landmark info window open. This is the best way to accurately calculate distance traveled.

I guess what I dont understand is why a level 0 mission would require a skill that I cant afford in order to complete

8 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-24 05:43:27)

Sigras wrote:

I guess what I dont understand is why a level 0 mission would require a skill that I cant afford in order to complete

Unfortunate side effect of poor balancing on the new player side of the EP / Nic aspects of the game. Ask around for help on this issue in general chat and help channels. You may be surprised how eager Vets are to help out new players suffering under the zero nic zero EP restrictions.

Geoscan balancing issues are well known problems to many vets even if Devs are slow to find long term solutions. They are busy though.

Ask a vet for an Argano and at least t3 geoscanner. Or message my character in game and I'll set you up ...If you catch me online, which is rare.

BTW  Zoom, contract system soon? I'd love to put items on contract to exchange while not online. Huge QoL need in game.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Geoscan balancing issues are well known problems to many vets even if Devs are slow to find long term solutions. They are busy though.

As far as i can tell, its no issue for the DEVs. Every topic i started about this in a last 4 years was stopped by a wall of posts from other vets, claiming everythign is alright. And since the majority of the vets said its alright, the DEVs didn't falter to change a "working" system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sigras wrote:

You shouldn't need any extra skills from the starting ones to scan for artifacts. I used to artifact extensively and while I would use the T4 geoscanner, I always used unbonused light bots like yagels or cams. But to each his own. And I never upgraded the artifacting skill whatsoever.