Re: Account "gifting"

Annihilator wrote:

celebro - you are expecting that the perp server could track login patterns?
it cannot even track player / corp wallets having irregular or extreme changes to track exploits or broken game mechanics.

or something as simple "server crashed, SMS/pager notify the server admin"

How did the find out about Styx's duping and insurance fraud then?

RIP PERPETUUM

Burial wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Account sharing provides for equal opportunity abuse, meaning ANYONE can do it.

Should we all start breaking rules just because one group is doing it.. ?

Do you have proof that one group is doing it?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

it cannot even track player / corp wallets having irregular or extreme changes to track exploits or broken game mechanics.

I equate it to: trying to find a driver in windows 95.

29 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-16 19:28:10)

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

insurance fraud showed up on the "most dangerous agents" board, very suspicious, probably reported by someone seeing them shooting hundreds of sequer under a terminal.

the duping was a huge, really huge spike of plasma beeing sold on market, i think after an several hours long siege of an m2s outpost with them losing an unrealistic number of assets. But i am not sure about the details of that one.
Could have involved some whining from the sieging faction (CIR & friends?)

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/tag/hax/

in either cases it was not found out because of an automated algorithm.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Right now the problem isn't who might be doing it, it's the rules that are currenty at best, grey.

You can't do *** about it until it's made extremely clear what's allowed and what isn't.

31 (edited by Cassius 2014-09-18 18:32:20)

Edit: I know my comments are good enough to be posted twice, but meh ....

So former players THAT DO NOT PLAY are wanting to stop players that do play the ability to share bots. Too funny that the bitter EX PLAYER still feels the need to troll the forums trying to get players banned. How about you go play sims online and quit worrying about a game YOU NO LONGER play.

I guess Toku doesn't quite get the difference between sharing robots and sharing accounts....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

It's hard for me to read walls of english texts. So i'm sorry if i'll repeat another one.

The economic model rejects such features as account/charachter transfer/giving. EP boost - yes, multiaccounting - maybe, but definetly not charachter/account transfer.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Toku wrote:

So former players THAT DO NOT PLAY are wanting to stop players that do play the ability to share bots. Too funny that the bitter EX PLAYER still feels the need to troll the forums trying to get players banned. How about you go play sims online and quit worrying about a game YOU NO LONGER play.

First, to quote Cindy, since I have a lifetime account now and access to forums, clearly it's within my rights to post whatever and whenever I feel like it. I could even resume playing should I choose.

Second, once your reading comprehension improves, revisit what I wrote, you will see I am not actively trying to get any specific player or group banned, I am merely trying to get an area of the game having clearer rules.

Third, this is only a suggestion, like all others in "Features Discussions", that is intended to make the game better so it survives so you still have a game to play in the future.

But thank you for your input.

i always wonder which "customer feedback" is more important.. the 10 guys still playing afk, or the 30k that have stopped playing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

37 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-23 18:17:52)

Annihilator wrote:

i always wonder which "customer feedback" is more important.. the 10 guys still playing afk, or the 30k that have stopped playing.

Irrelevant , this is what is relevant and not being enforced:

* It is forbidden to share account details with anyone, trade or sell Perpetuum accounts, in-game items, characters, money, etc in any way outside the game. In this case both the seller's and the buyer's characters and accounts may be terminated by AC.

* Accounts can only be used by the creator of the account, unless the user required a legal guardian to create it. Account sharing can result in the termination of said account.

RIP PERPETUUM

you know, there is always that disclaimer at the end of the EULA:

Avatar Creations reserves the right to at its sole discretion punish players who violate this code of conduct, based on the severity of the violation. Punishments include temporary in-game muting, the confiscation of unrightfully obtained account information, temporary account suspension or even permanent ban from the game. By accepting the user agreement you also accept this amendment. If AC decides to punish a player for violation of either the user agreement or this code of conduct, the player is not eligible for any kind of reimbursement even if the account(s) in question still have active subscriptions.

it means AC can do what they want and you have agreed to that.

Annihilator wrote:

you know, there is always that disclaimer at the end of the EULA:

Avatar Creations reserves the right to at its sole discretion punish players who violate this code of conduct, based on the severity of the violation. Punishments include temporary in-game muting, the confiscation of unrightfully obtained account information, temporary account suspension or even permanent ban from the game. By accepting the user agreement you also accept this amendment. If AC decides to punish a player for violation of either the user agreement or this code of conduct, the player is not eligible for any kind of reimbursement even if the account(s) in question still have active subscriptions.

it means AC can do what they want and you have agreed to that.

Where does is say that?  The disclaimer mentions that the punishment is at their discretion based on the severity of the player's actions. Also that the player has no right for reimbursement, although the 'active subscription' needs to be amended.

It does not say Avatar Creations can bend the rules as they see fit.

RIP PERPETUUM

Why is this suddenly a problem?  Not like Merkles playing any more.