Topic: required specs

New player, here, with a 2.5gh processor,a video card that supports shader, 3gb RAM, standard DSL(1.5gb). I know the RAM is on the low side - 150% of the minimum spec and 75% of recommended, but I'd say the game really doesn't function. What is everybody else running with? I'm in the USA, California - does distance to the server account for lag time and missed commands?

Re: required specs

What is the issue you're seeing. You posted specs and then referenced internet and location. You're system specs should have no issue running the game. You may need to turn down some settings.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

what video card?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

what video card?

Yes, a very important piece of information that was left out.

The video card is an NVIDEA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.

laqqisha wrote:

The video card is an NVIDEA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.

That's an intergrated video card really old for today's games. Have you checked if it supports shader model 3.0?

RIP PERPETUUM

Get a dedicated vid card.. a cheap $50-$75 will work fine. Perp doesn't have big reqs.

It does support sm 3.0, but its an extremely outdated GPU with poor performance. It was like that already when it came out 8 years ago and even NVidia has stopped support for this series already.

probably a laptop

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

10 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-09-21 04:07:26)

The Voodoo3 3000 GPU is better than that.

A game of this caliber requires a GPU with the specs for this new millennium /relevent10yearsago

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Check out this thread, might give a hint about what performance you can get with different hardware cool
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rformance/

I run Perpetuum with http://www.walmart.com/ip/38275440?wmls … mp;veh=sem

It uses Intel HD 2000 graphics. I have no issues with the game. I am pretty sure it is something else. Perhaps your ISP. Or you have too many apps running while trying to play.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

13 (edited by Hallfrom 2014-09-25 10:38:02)

laqqisha wrote:

New player, here, with a 2.5gh processor,a video card that supports shader, 3gb RAM, standard DSL(1.5gb). I know the RAM is on the low side - 150% of the minimum spec and 75% of recommended, but I'd say the game really doesn't function. What is everybody else running with? I'm in the USA, California - does distance to the server account for lag time and missed commands?

1) ADSL2 + supports up to 24 MB / s. You can not specify exactly what type of connection using (must be described in the contract with the provider).
2) Could not specify exactly what kind of equipment? Processor type, model of graphics card, volume of memory. Desktop or laptop.
3) How exactly do you have the problem? The game is fully suspended or actions do not occur at once? Whether there is a robot that sometimes pulls back?

PS. You have a weak video card is not designed for gaming. If you have a desktop computer I recommend to upgrade the card to a minimum x5x or x6xx (ATI or NVIDIA) model. How match higher number - then better.