Topic: How do we get to 1,000,000 months subscribed within 3 months? ANSWER

Client ported over to the iOS and made available for the iPad for free.

You raise your subscription numbers and position yourself to be the best MMO on the iOS. As well as first to market with a cross platform MMO -- imagine the headlines.

You'd differentiate yourself from your competition and have something that could push this game forward quickly.

I may be over simplifying but with the ability already in the game to click to move all that would need to happen is a little HUD simplification and while it wouldn't be optimal I have to imagine that it'd be doable to port over and play on an iPad.

Obvious drawbacks would be that the game would have to be set to run on graphics that these devices would support, but low detail robots, removing shadows, and low textures should put it in-line with what is currently capable.

Dev Team -- feel free to use the above idea and when it's successful and it pays out all that I ask is you credit my account with a lifetime subscription.

Kind regards,
GLiMPSE

Re: How do we get to 1,000,000 months subscribed within 3 months? ANSWER

GLiMPSE wrote:

Dev Team -- feel free to use the above idea and when it's successful and it pays out all that I ask is you credit my account with a lifetime subscription.

Reminds me of...

*Insert really awesome sig here*

are they releasing an ipad larger that 64gb?

something browser based would be better,that could run on an ipad, then i could play from work and get some mining done.

think perpetuumminecraft

postman wrote:

are they releasing an ipad larger that 64gb?

something browser based would be better,that could run on an ipad, then i could play from work and get some mining done.

think perpetuumminecraft

The client is less then a gig currently and if you strip out all the high res textures it will be even smaller. I suspect a sub 500mb iPad app is very doable. Browser based is tough, because most browsers that'd be able to play it are on a pc and you're really not expanding your market at all if you do that.

So all you want them to do is completely halt the current development of perpetuum to focus solely on porting it to the iOS. Gee, sounds really easy, I don't know why they didn't already think of that.

Cal Sinai wrote:

So all you want them to do is completely halt the current development of perpetuum to focus solely on porting it to the iOS. Gee, sounds really easy, I don't know why they didn't already think of that.

I agree. This should have been done already.

While it's very much viable a few things:

1: GFX - iOS has access to Unreal 3 Engine, nuff said.
2: iPhone - Always before iPad. Numbers aren't even comparable.
3: I'd pay twice for all my accounts to get it on my iPad
4: Who's paying for the porting? (Hint: If someone does port it, you can most likely expect to get hired on the spot)

ANT wrote:

While it's very much viable a few things:

1: GFX - iOS has access to Unreal 3 Engine, nuff said.
2: iPhone - Always before iPad. Numbers aren't even comparable.
3: I'd pay twice for all my accounts to get it on my iPad
4: Who's paying for the porting? (Hint: If someone does port it, you can most likely expect to get hired on the spot)

Good idea, accept I'd think the iPhone version would be much harder to pull off with the limited hud space/screen size ratio.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Good idea, accept I'd think the iPhone version would be much harder to pull off with the limited hud space/screen size ratio.

It is, it is.
But it's worth it in the end - Remember iPod touches are included there too.

It won't be as great but compare Dungeon Defenders,
they pull it off decently on the iPhone and brilliant on the iPad.

ANT wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

It is, it is.
But it's worth it in the end - Remember iPod touches are included there too.

It won't be as great but compare Dungeon Defenders,
they pull it off decently on the iPhone and brilliant on the iPad.

I see where you're going -- in my mind though the objective would to be to release as high a quality a product as possible and create as much buzz as possible initially. This may pave the way for the move to the iphone and ipod's but they'll have more room to do what they need to do if they concentrate on iPad only and release a top shelf title on that device and create a significant amount of interest in the game.

WHATOVER9000?!

Jasdemi Holdings wrote:

WHATOVER9000?!

Yes, it's over 9000.

You peeps are delusional if you think this would even be a possibility lol

Serpens wrote:

You peeps are delusional if you think this would even be a possibility lol

Spoken like a man in the know.

You're late to the tea party, I already play Perpetuum on my IPad.

You're assuming apple users would play a complex game..

Weapon X wrote:

You're assuming apple users would play a complex game..

Apple users are amongst the most advanced computer users in the world.

I want to play it via my 360 Kinect camera....you all fail.....

BigCountry wrote:

I want to play it via my 360 Kinect camera....you all fail.....

That'd be awesome too! But I'd imagine it'd be much harder for an indie publisher to get it off the ground.

I suspect the reason for lack of the dev response is they are busy downloading their apple developer kit's.

Good on ya guys!

http://www.fastcompany.com/1712771/kine … ng-is-here

"People that play wow are fat, it wont work."

ROFL

Meshoo wrote:

Apple users are amongst the most advanced computer users in the world.

That's what apple wants you to think. They want people to think it's cooler, smarter, more exclusive, etc. Great marketing strategy as my girlfriend won't buy anything but an apple laptop... yet she uses it to watch movies only.

Not to say there are not smart people. But there are equally smart people using PCs too.

22 (edited by jakr 2011-01-01 20:20:41)

GLiMPSE wrote:

LOL. Ideas are worth zero dollars. Implementation, now that's worth something.

jakr wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

LOL. Ideas are worth zero dollars. Implementation, now that's worth something.

Tell that to the patent trolls here in the states.

Currently, the game mechanics allow for the iPad's small screen to be fully useable because of mob tactics. With the introduction of 'sploding bots AoE players will eventually start spreading out of self-defense; there is a complicated formula to describe the intregal aspect of the time this will take to go into effect, suffice to say that the average blob player will need to be blow'd up 4-5 times before realizing that standing next to anther bot is dangerous (side note: "WTF, how did I just die" will fill chat logs for exactly 73 hours after implementation.) At this time, the small screen will no longer be useable as everyone will be 1000m from each other.

*Carebear Troll alert*

Arga wrote:

Currently, the game mechanics allow for the iPad's small screen to be fully useable because of mob tactics. With the introduction of 'sploding bots AoE players will eventually start spreading out of self-defense; there is a complicated formula to describe the intregal aspect of the time this will take to go into effect, suffice to say that the average blob player will need to be blow'd up 4-5 times before realizing that standing next to anther bot is dangerous (side note: "WTF, how did I just die" will fill chat logs for exactly 73 hours after implementation.) At this time, the small screen will no longer be useable as everyone will be 1000m from each other.

*Carebear Troll alert*

Sir,

While I respect your view on the subject, it is completely and entirely off based and misguided.

Please refrain from speaking about things you know nothing about -- PvP.

That being said -- I would be able to do a lot more mining on Hok with this iPad support.

Best regards,
GLiMPSE