Topic: market description wrong

For mpc turrets.  Optimal ranges are wrong + fall offs are not listed on turrets.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: market description wrong

look at market information of a repair node. then build one and look at info again. sais something quite different.
the question is which one is right. if any.

maybe the stats in the info should not be a string. instead they should show the actual stats from the database. that would prevent that you have to change the description manualy after each change.

Yep.

there a several cases when that happened.
i don't know why they need to have redundant database entries for items, packaged items and i think there was a third one (on terrain?)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Buildings have 3 database entries: the foundation item, the foundation when it's on the terrain, and the actual building on the terrain.

Turrets specifically have different "parent" entities which modify the parameters of the head/chassis/leg parts, which are the same for all turret types. (Turrets are robots basically.) This is also the reason why it's hard to put the optimal range info into the turret, as it is in the equipped weapon of the turret. It's like as if you would try to get your weapon info into your robot's info.

Sounds chaotic? It is. We'll try to do something about it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Buildings have 3 database entries: the foundation item, the foundation when it's on the terrain, and the actual building on the terrain.

Turrets specifically have different "parent" entities which modify the parameters of the head/chassis/leg parts, which are the same for all turret types. (Turrets are robots basically.)

Sounds chaotic? It is. We'll try to do something about it.

question: somwhere in the last month it was mentioned that your working on a new "engine"...
will that new client have a little more flexible interface that item infos actually show usefull informations?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This is independent from any engine, this is simply a question game mechanics and database structure.

I doubt a new engine has even been started.  Let's just keep it simple.  Like saying "These things have magical falloff values we forgot to tell you about"