Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-09-17

Zoom We are experiencing game crippling lag during pvp

Also, disregard.  The new Orange NPCs are AWESOME!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

New: Buildings can only be placed within the network construction range of terminals (1-1.5 km depending on tier). Also, you are not allowed to connect any abandoned building to your network that is outside of this range. The exceptions from both of these rules are: mining outposts, energy wells, accelerator strips, and command relays.

-This is bad.  IMO

I know your trying to stop sprawl but it really is limiting.

Its supposed to be. Islands of protection not teleport coverage was a key aim.

I like the new orange NPC idea it makes farming on alpha more high risk Gj

orange npc... well... is error dev brain smile i wait how back, farm

Just @ Game

hmm, thats a wall-of-text.
here what i think should be corrected in phrasing

New: Orange (passive) NPCs will now aggress anyone in their vicinity who activates remote support modules on someone who has aggro from those npcs. This means remote armor repairers, remote sensor amplifiers, and remote energy transferers.

Fix: Some decorational building effects were interfering with clickthrough/tile selection (e.g. the lightning bolts of highways), this has been fixed now.
known exception: interference beacon FX

Change: Activating plasma bombs will now grant you a PvP flag. (Previously you got it the moment the bomb did explode, so you could teleport or dock between activation and explosion.)

there are also some changes to gamma buildings that i have not noticed in my tests, like the constant power consumption of defense turrets (perhaps because the turret interface lacked the "last energy used" line)

the change in aura emitters power consumption beeing based on affected agents should be pointed out a bit more, since it makes them consume really LOTS of power per cycle, and unless you don't monitor them.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

31 (edited by Galaxy Drones 2014-09-19 14:40:52)

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-09-17

Robots and modules: Change: Increased the signal detection of transport robots.

You forget the Sequer Mk2.

Keep it simple, stupid.

New: Orange (passive) NPCs will now aggress anyone in their vicinity who activates remote support modules on someone who has aggro from those npcs. This means remote armor repairers, remote sensor amplifiers, and remote energy transferers.

Correct, I have updated it.

Fix: Some decorational building effects were interfering with clickthrough/tile selection (e.g. the lightning bolts of highways), this has been fixed now.
known exception: interference beacon FX

Didn't know about that, but I'll try to fix that too then.

You forget the Sequer Mk2.

Yes, that will be fixed too.

All old module terraforming charge types have been converted to the new universal terraforming charge.
Reimbursed 1 000 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacons.
Reimbursed 225 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charger modules.
Reimbursed 3 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charges.

Where is the transaction log for this?  I know I had some in corp storage but I got 0 reimbursement.

And can someone who speaks English clarify this:

Change: The ratio of a robot's surface hit size and the equipped shield's radius can not reduce the accumulator usage of incoming damage below 100% anymore, only increase it when the surface hit size is bigger that the equipped shield.

Ville wrote:

All old module terraforming charge types have been converted to the new universal terraforming charge.
Reimbursed 1 000 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacons.
Reimbursed 225 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charger modules.
Reimbursed 3 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charges.

Where is the transaction log for this?  I know I had some in corp storage but I got 0 reimbursement.

Reimbursements never had or have a log entry cause they directly modify your balance.

Ville wrote:

And can someone who speaks English clarify this:

Change: The ratio of a robot's surface hit size and the equipped shield's radius can not reduce the accumulator usage of incoming damage below 100% anymore, only increase it when the surface hit size is bigger that the equipped shield.

in short: fitting a medium shield on a castel will give you no more advantage over a small one.

in other words, most shield fits got nerfed slightly

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You used to be able to fit an oversized shield as this made your shields more efficient (a mechanic put in place to prevent small shields on big mechs). This will no longer give any bonus and be essentially a waste of fitting.