Topic: Mining Ops

Kinda curious how other players run a 'mining op' if that is the correct term for it. I'm currently using a hauler, a booster, and the rest are all miners. is this the most efficient method of raw material collection? I haven't seen anyone else mining in a group yet. I figure if/when i move my operations to beta/gamma, i'll need an overwatch. It also seems some of the higher end ores are a lot heavier than say titan ore, but don't seem to be priced much higher per unit, and liquids barely cover the cost of the charges.

2 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-09-16 08:01:52)

Re: Mining Ops

My hauler guy is also my booster, at this time he is also training for blue ewar.

Lithus with recharger and cycle time nexus suffice.

When on beta I also have this acc in a mk2 castel with demob and detector.

3 (edited by Burial 2014-09-16 08:16:17)

Get everything mining. If an alt is just sitting there hauling/boosting, get them into miners and haul later in one go with more haulers.

By 'heavier', I think you mean volume. You just have to account in that some take more space than others, but once you get into Scarabs it doesn't really matter. What you are interested in is how big is ore's base yield and what's it's unit price.

Generally speaking, on Alpha, it's 9 times out of 10 more worthwhile to mine faction specific minerals like Stermonit, Imentium and Silgium instead of Titan or any of the liquids. On Beta it's Epriton and mining anything on Gamma is worthwhile only if you plan to produce or corporation has buy orders there.

You can check base yields here: http://sequer.nl/wiki/Raw%20materials

Burials right the more miners the better.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

i always had a fast extractor module on one of my miners. for me it was better to sacrifice one industrial tuning on one bot insted of having a miner bot less and let him just boost.

on the other hand you then need good enough miners so they run cap stable even with a fast extractor and without industrial and recharger nexus.

i dont have the exact math at hand. but if i remember correctly you need more then 7 miners to have a benefit to skip one miner for a supporter.
if you have 2 accounts, and think one miner + one suporter is good, then you are wrong. 2 miners will be way more efficient. prure supports are onny in big corp operations.

tomorrows patch will at least remove the need for a RSA buffer next to my symbiont on alpha (micromanaging harversters with 10second locktime is a pain)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Progenator 2014-09-16 23:15:20)

well currently my termis' are cap stable with 4 medium miners when I have my boosting sequor around. Thing is when I am mining ores with higher volume/weight my other sequor is constantly running between the terminal and the group to keep up with the output. By the time he gets back to the group, they've mined enough to entirely fill up his cargo.

I would still try to mine with the hauler when possible. then just pack up a little early and then use all the accts to haul at the end of the day.

But perhaps most importantly, get someone into a scarab as quick as possible. Even sequer mk2's can help early on..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Don't mine what you need, mine what is most efficient. It's often better to mine one resource, sell it and buy the other.

I use all my accounts for mining. I load up til I have at least 2-3 scarab runs. Usually that wipes out a small-med loc. But that is the most efficient way to run. Tomorrow I start my 3 Riveler set up. Lock a minimal of 4 nodes per miner for maximum efficiency.

Because timing is important for my mining operations. I often run 4 med miner mods and a small. That way I can cycle between my miners and expect the same results. Usually towards the end of a mining op I run one of my miners as a clean up miner. Who grabs the edges of a loc or finishes up what was left from a stripping operation.

I prefer to run a "clean" op. Leaving nothing left. Makes surveying that much easier. Can delete the old WP and get my new ones.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Theres a special circle of hell reserved for people who leave 1 tile left on a spawn.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Theres a special circle of hell reserved for people who leave 1 tile left on a spawn.

QFT

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Jita wrote:

is that one level higher or deeper then the place where the responsible DEV has set his homebase? yarr

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, I've been out mining a bit, thought I'd do a bit of a write up for how I'm faring.

Bumped my group up to 8 pilots, may do more as hardware allows (this game takes a lot of system resources, maybe needs optimization?)

Group consists of 6 Miners, 1 booster, and 1 hauler

Miners... well, they mine of course. Cap stable Termis with 4 medium miners, #TitanOreRekt

Booster is a sequer that sits here and runs nexus modules, will probably fit a miner on it when I have room in the fit, its currently very tight with the 3 nexus modules. Fast Extractor, Industrial, and Recharger NEXUS modules are running. Strange thing is though my booster isn't cap stable, the buffs still show up on everyone else. Not sure how that works but ok.

The hauler is just my combat guy in a sequer. not really a permanent setup, just doing it until i get the EP and NIC for the larger capacity bots.

I'll have to wait to min/max until im in Rivelers and have scarabs to haul out stuff so I have an idea of the kind of management they need. I imagine I won't really need to haul until I clear the full site. I suppose the benefit of constantly hauling is that I wont have to send everyone back to the terminal to switch bots. With a dedicated hauler they can just go right to the next ore site and get to work. The real question is if that hauler would make more NIC if he was in a mining bot, though its really hard to calculate because of the variable of travel times being constantly different.

Off topic: Space Engineers is pretty awesome.