Topic: New devblog: September status report - Gamma islands return

After an extended development period and way too much silence, gamma islands will make their way back to the game next week! Read more about this and what comes next in the latest blog post:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … ds-return/

2 (edited by Ville 2014-09-12 02:59:07)

Re: New devblog: September status report - Gamma islands return

Suggestion: I wouldn't pull EA until you have a lot more Level 0 to 2 missions.  And do the island Teleport rework.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Postpone by 2 weeks please

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Postpone by 2 weeks please

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You need a full test server release for a month minimum. After that missions, then pull early access.

I mean your bringing in the speed boost which is universally seen as dumb so ...

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

6 (edited by Syndic 2014-09-12 08:00:54)

Maybe 2 months

Listen to Jita at least

If you won't listen to anyone else

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

7 (edited by Inda 2014-09-12 08:13:59)

Any reason to push now? I doubt it. Wait until you have tested properly the Gamma at least.

Also Archeage isnt start soon (sep 16. ?)? Can help a bit if you wait until Archeage started.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

To Zoom !

The BLOG miss where you can terraform, there will be a manually painted no terrafromed zones. (If I correct.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Its not just about testing, any major patch should have a month before its announced arrival to give people time to prepare and get the maximum population boost possible.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Need to do a lot more testing.......

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

To developer zoom:

Thank you for the development blog it was .... inspiring and motivational . A great reason now to get back into nia. Was very happy to hear about the bonuses and probable robot slot changes
And most importantly the gamma islands which really expands the world a bit. Really love perpetuum online NOW YOU CAN HAVE MY MONEY AGAIN big_smile lol

Jose Bianchi wrote:

To developer zoom:

Thank you for the development blog it was .... inspiring and motivational . A great reason now to get back into nia. Was very happy to hear about the bonuses and probable robot slot changes
And most importantly the gamma islands which really expands the world a bit. Really love perpetuum online NOW YOU CAN HAVE MY MONEY AGAIN big_smile lol

totally, agree, the lower part of the blogpost is the more promising one. I love how zoom can put something with a drastic impact on the whole game into a single sentence that is overseen by most.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thats because zoom stopped working on perpetuum in 2012.

Jita wrote:

no, they started doing video conferences

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

lolfuuu:yarr:

Jita wrote:

Jose Bianchi wrote:

lolfuuu:yarr:

Jita wrote:

Well that's what his Facebook says anyway :-)

17 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-09-13 00:19:20)

About the proposed speed increase, have you noticed how when you shoot a target moving between plants, it often looks like you are shooting directly at a plant even if on your screen it looked like you had line of sight?
How much worse is that going to get?

Not to mention you would be changing the balance of the whole game, but that's needed anyway.

+1
-Confucius

I'm happy. The developers can finally concentrate on what matters.

Kaldenines wrote:

About the proposed speed increase, have you noticed how when you shoot a target moving between plants, it often looks like you are shooting directly at a plant even if on your screen it looked like you had line of sight?
How much worse is that going to get?

Not to mention you would be changing the balance of the whole game, but that's needed anyway.

see:

Gremrod wrote:

how will the speed boost impact server performance? Anyone thinking about that?

Think in terms of client keeping in sync etc. We already know that desync happens a lot when demobers run in for the tackle.

DEV Zoom wrote:

That's why it's on the test server. The recently introduced new movement method (which was ironically induced by the speedhacking) shouldn't have problems with it.

unless you tell them that the problems still exist on live AFTER the recent movement patch, they consider it as not happening anymore, or more the exception then the rule.

Burial wrote:

Archeage?

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Burial wrote:

Archeage?

their real job

Could you please state if artifact, mineral and roaming NPC behavior will be different on split island or if the usual rule apply?

Goffer wrote:

Could you please state if artifact, mineral and roaming NPC behavior will be different on split island or if the usual rule apply?

There is no difference compared to the other islands. But for example if a roaming spawn is spawned to one half of a split island then they can't go over to the other half. Until they are killed and have a chance to spawn there.

question about split islands - the shallow coast parts - can they be terraformed to create a temporary bridge that errodes away after while, if not a higway beeing built on it?

Annihilator wrote:

question about split islands - the shallow coast parts - can they be terraformed to create a temporary bridge that errodes away after while, if not a higway beeing built on it?

No, the coastline is fixed and you can't terraform beyond that.