Topic: SAP Loot

The SAP and it's loot.

The SAP container should only be accessed by those that own the outpost or those that successfully attack the SAP.

This is a very small change that starts in the direction for incentive to own an outpost and to attack an outpost.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: SAP Loot

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Burial 2014-09-04 19:36:21)

Interesting suggestion. Someone just completing a SAP to get the loot doesn't really qualify as an attack. I think a rotting container should have a brief timer in the end when it can be looted by a third party though. All-in-all, the effect is probably too small to waste any development effort here.

Burial wrote:

Interesting suggestion. Someone just completing a SAP to get the loot doesn't really qualify as an attack. I think a rotting container should have a brief timer in the end when it can be looted by a third party though. All-in-all, the effect is probably too small to waste any development effort here.

Attack or "passive effort" on sap. wink

Very easy for them to do this one I think. They already have all the code in place for this to be done on sap containers. I am guessing they are the same as regular loot containers.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Ninja looting expired SAPs is a valid reason for solo players to go to PvP islands and if you remove that, you will remove yet another potential PvP target.  Its the only reason a PvE combat guy would ever go to beta; this guy might be more likely to try his hand at roams and small scale PVP in the future.

Its not hurting you guys that some solo player took the risk to snatch a rotting loot can, but didnt want to attack it (even if he could).  Do you think it would incentivise someone to get a group together to actually attack a SAP?  Cause if they were gonna put in that effort, they would hopefully try to roam an island instead.

Leave it as is and if its a big concern, get your loot off the field when the SAP is done (the power to resolve this issue is already in the hands of the terminal owners).

Altera wrote:

Ninja looting expired SAPs is a valid reason for solo players to go to PvP islands and if you remove that, you will remove yet another potential PvP target.  Its the only reason a PvE combat guy would ever go to beta; this guy might be more likely to try his hand at roams and small scale PVP in the future.

Its not hurting you guys that some solo player took the risk to snatch a rotting loot can, but didnt want to attack it (even if he could).  Do you think it would incentivise someone to get a group together to actually attack a SAP?  Cause if they were gonna put in that effort, they would hopefully try to roam an island instead.

Leave it as is and if its a big concern, get your loot off the field when the SAP is done (the power to resolve this issue is already in the hands of the terminal owners).

that was my thoughts too. In conjunction with opening betas i could see it working but not without it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

BS. Go get your own fracking sap loot. Lazy bassterds....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Can I setup auto loot feeders with item ducts to the station that automatically drop it into a chest?

Don't tell them what we do when not in pvp Ville. fuuu

ville use a teseract, much faster. big_smile

Ohh... I seen those last night, shiney.

I think the only thing that should be modified about SAP loot is that after the can expires the loot drop into the outpost owners corp hanger -- passive income incentive to own outpost.

But such a mechanic would be a disaster given current state of Beta and the BROKEN mechanics that permit a dominating power to monopolize outposts. At minimum, sparks need to be removed from all Beta.

Apparently IZ is getting it's fix with new island distances.

Sparking to other games

13 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-09-10 08:22:50)

Gremrod wrote:

The SAP and it's loot.

The SAP container should only be accessed by those that own the outpost or those that successfully attack the SAP.

This is a very small change that starts in the direction for incentive to own an outpost and to attack an outpost.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."