Topic: Why there is nothing wrong with station locking

"... You can interrupt a Snowball Effect with one capture, and if you honestly can’t field enough force at your Outpost to prevent even one enemy capture, you probably shouldn’t hold it right now. When everyone’s back and ready to fight, you can always take it back the same way you took it to begin with..."

If you defend it you keep it, if you don't defend it you lose it. If you attack it and win, you win it and if you attack and lose you don't.

Fair system to everyone.

Everything else is just metagaming from 2 bitter losers trying to think up how to win some imaginary forum war.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: Why there is nothing wrong with station locking

No problems with power projection either, eh? smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I didn't like 10 sparks = 10 stations, but 10 sparks = 3-4 stations will be perfectly fine when gamma is available.

CIR Complaint Form

Even two sparks is too many as it allows you to place near whoever is the enemy and strike and withdraw easily for zero effort.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Respectfully disagree with that as well. It MIGHT be ok if everyone didn't have 10 accts, but that being more the norm these days....

And I kinda like the idea of unlocked outposts on Beta. Makes Beta a much more exciting, dangerous, and adrenaline pumping place to hang out.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

As someone who played with unlocked outposts for a year or two, I remember very well why they were locked in the first place. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

As someone who played with unlocked outposts for a year or two, I remember very well why they were locked in the first place. lol

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1

9 (edited by SmokeyIndustries 2014-09-09 02:11:40)

Mmmm I wonder how many baphomets I could lose at koykili if stations get unlocked. I think I still have 50 or 60 fitted ones in the Nonconformity's storage. That's what I originally made them for, but danachov instead. Enough to make sure you'e in that station 24/7 with someone cause if not, I might disrupt your nora farming, or epi mining or group circle jerks or whatever you guys do there anyways.

That kinda sounds like fun. Let's do it! I wouldn't even have to quit playing Diablo 3 to do it either. Can we please please please do it Dev Zoom?!

Reset each other yet?

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Mmmm I wonder how many baphomets I could lose at koykili if stations get unlocked. I think I still have 50 or 60 fitted ones in the Nonconformity's storage. That's what I originally made them for, but danachov instead. Enough to make sure you'e in that station 24/7 with someone cause if not, I might disrupt your nora farming, or epi mining or group circle jerks or whatever you guys do there anyways.

That kinda sounds like fun. Let's do it! I wouldn't even have to quit playing Diablo 3 to do it either. Can we please please please do it Dev Zoom?!

Thanks for reinforcing the point of why there were station locking mechanics to begin with.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I say if they make it so beta outposts can't be locked. Take out intrusions and put in my beta 3 islands that get taxes from the beta 2 islands.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … 3-islands/

This would be pretty simple for them to do since everything is pretty much in game except the hacking siege module.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

12 (edited by SmokeyIndustries 2014-09-09 02:52:56)

Ville wrote:
SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Thanks for reinforcing the point of why there were station locking mechanics to begin with.

But hey... It's how I want to play. That makes it ok if I were to think/act like a cir/77th member. You know,I want to grind corps out of the game. I want to own every beta station in the game because I am too afraid to reset 77th cause they might beat us.

I'm getting on board with having it your way. Just like burger king. Least I will be playing.

Reset each other yet?

13 (edited by Syndic 2014-09-09 03:50:38)

Smokey wrote:

You don't need stations unlocked if that's how you want to play, Koykili is not cut off from the world and is easily accessed via beacons and good ol' fashioned walking.

Although your idea of what would grief us is quite funny. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Smokey wrote:

You'd be crying to dev zoom inside a week to have it changed back, betcha.

Reset each other yet?

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Smokey wrote:

You'd be crying to dev zoom inside a week to have it changed back, betcha.

So that is why you guys want it changed, to only grief people with the change?

Like I said in a previous post, I'm just getting on board with the cir way of thinking. Screw everyone else so long as number one is having fun.

Reset each other yet?

17 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-09 07:07:44)

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Screw everyone else so long as number one is having fun.

Frankly, I think that sums up my motto. Ya know, games, fun. Since when is playing a video an act of philanthropy? To each his own, etc.

But notice the lack of intent on 'ruining the game' in your quote. If YOUR game is ruined by my actions ...what's for lunch?

Sparking to other games

Syndic wrote:

No Sh*t. the people crowing on about removing station locks couldnt have been playing this game before they were put in.
Stations without locking were the biggest pain in the neck to deal with when you tried to live on a island.

Having an enemy with mechs IN OUR OWN HOME STATION (that was done A LOT) is very hard to deal with.
Also lack of station lock made camping in corps / alliances stupid easy.

But hey if the idiots want it removed then please DEVs do it. the QQ that will endup on the forums will be worth it tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Syndic wrote:

No Sh*t. the people crowing on about removing station locks couldnt have been playing this game before they were put in.
Stations without locking were the biggest pain in the neck to deal with when you tried to live on a island.

Having an enemy with mechs IN OUR OWN HOME STATION (that was done A LOT) is very hard to deal with.
Also lack of station lock made camping in corps / alliances stupid easy.

But hey if the idiots want it removed then please DEVs do it. the QQ that will endup on the forums will be worth it tongue

Sounds like First World problems to me.

Reset each other yet?

20 (edited by Syndic 2014-09-09 16:14:49)

There is no benefit in removing station locks because all it does is penalize the people who go through the effort to capture and maintain station stability, and reward the people who want the rewards without investing effort and resources into capturing a station in the first place.

It should be noted there is already ASB, ICSB, TMB - 3 stations that are completely unlocked and available for use for those people who want the reward without making any effort.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

There is no benefit in removing station locks because all it does is penalize the people who go through the effort to capture and maintain station stability, and reward the people who want the rewards without investing effort and resources into capturing a station in the first place.

It should be noted there is already ASB, ICSB, TMB - 3 stations that are completely unlocked and available for use for those people who want the reward without making any effort.

And this is the crux of all your complaints about many subjects. Nothing to do with how it would help the game, all about how it would hurt you.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Your usual ad hominem attack only betrays your lack of a counter-argument.

My point remains solid; it only penalizes investing effort to capture a station, and rewards people who just want to scoop the cream off the top.

ICSB, TMB, ASB are 3 stations currently available in game for people who don't feel like investing the effort. Why do they need more stations?

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

My point remains solid; it only penalizes investing effort to capture a station, and rewards people who just want to scoop the cream off the top.

ICSB, TMB, ASB are 3 stations currently available in game for people who don't feel like investing the effort. Why do they need more stations?

There's a very simple way to fix this and all the other problems....

Read below

|
|
|
|
\/

Reset each other yet?

Syndic wrote:

So the reward for you is less pvp? hmm..

RIP PERPETUUM

25 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-09 16:39:33)

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

And this is the crux of all your complaints about many subjects. Nothing to do with how it would help the game, all about how it would hurt you.

You guys are asking for the outposts to have the locking mechanic removed. So in turn it turns them into the same thing as a NPC beta terminal and there are three of them in game that everyone can use. So it appears that no one is denied access to using beta islands. Issue has been resolved by the DEVS long ago. wink