Re: disallow demob use while shield up

Ville wrote:

Ewar would die in 1... oh 2.. shots.  Always.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Ville wrote:

Ewar would die in 1... oh 2.. shots.  Always.

Thats like saying a gropho would die in 1 or 2 shots. That has to drop its shields to use its weapons, has few lows and  has a comparatively weak amount of armor. Once upon a time people said shields and weaponry couldn't be used together until Joke pioneered the shield gropho in Beta.

learn to play.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Inda wrote:

What about if the ewar is make lower the shield absrobtion a little ?

demob, ecm, supress

It could easily do that if it increased surface hit size while the modules were active...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

The ranges you people keep throwing around ONLY exist with the Nexus, much like when combat bots have far lock and critical hit and assault running in a pvp group.  You try to balance the game around one specific scenario while negating the fact that only a zenith will be used as a tackle, light ewar will have 0 chance of escape, and will increase the already huge gap for new player effectiveness in groups.

This is what happens when a 4 month old player sits in a heavy mech:

http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/260897

Btw I think the original idea is not bad. I had many many experience with troiars on me or cameleons and I cant do anything because their shild is up every time and you cant break them, at least not allow the to use with ewars all the time. This is the reason about this post (to Rex.).

Most of the time even if you have shields you use plants to hide behind, so I think that is managable, one change that we could test on the testserver.

(Ville what are you talking about? Sorry, you say something about range, and than Heavy mech how this is connect to this topic ? I can understand if you explain, or maybe I dont understand something.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

He's just trolling. Ignore him.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Inda wrote:

Btw I think the original idea is not bad. I had many many experience with troiars on me or cameleons and I cant do anything because their shild is up every time and you cant break them, at least not allow the to use with ewars all the time. This is the reason about this post (to Rex.).

Most of the time even if you have shields you use plants to hide behind, so I think that is managable, one change that we could test on the testserver.

(Ville what are you talking about? Sorry, you say something about range, and than Heavy mech how this is connect to this topic ? I can understand if you explain, or maybe I dont understand something.)

I can't be asked to find it, but the comment was:  someone can sit at range and suppress/ecm me.  It adversely effects ALL ewars.  The new player gap is in response to players pushing to heavy mechs and thinking they are pvp viable, while you can give a less than 6 months old account give them ewar and day one they are effective.

Ville wrote:
Inda wrote:

I can't be asked to find it, but the comment was:  someone can sit at range and suppress/ecm me.  It adversely effects ALL ewars.  The new player gap is in response to players pushing to heavy mechs and thinking they are pvp viable, while you can give a less than 6 months old account give them ewar and day one they are effective.

Using mech ewar should be every bit as hard as a heavy mech. Like I said earlier having shields down on an ewar mech will be easier than a gropho as you can at least use cover.

As long as I can press spacebar and it ecms the number of targets I have, then ok.  Being an ewar pilot, 1.  Even with a shield your still squishy.  2.  Your lock range is terrible, 3.  You have manage your targets/ewar modules. 

I'd rather pilot a heavy mech versus an ewar mech any day.

Well ewar isn't easy mode. I think this is a good fix. The only bots and mechs I think will find it hard is the green ewar. Hard to use neuts when your so squishy. Maybe neuts and drainers are engineering and not ewar?