51 (edited by Galaxy Drones 2014-09-02 13:27:42)

Re: September 1

Ville wrote:

...And there is something VERY surprising you will notice different.  The names in General chat.  EVERY day I see atleast a handful of new names...

Crepitus wrote:

...I also agree with the meandering Gwyndor post about how getting new players isn't as hard as keeping them logging in...

Keep it simple, stupid.

52 (edited by Burial 2014-09-02 14:08:52)

Crepitus wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

I've never understood why they don't get people doing work experience from local universities to help out. I'm sure lots of folks would like the idea of working for an indy game developer for the summer. It might even get them invited to cool parties and if there's a solar eclipse perhaps laid.

Lol.  In the US these are called "interns" and are time honored tradition of *** over naive kids to make them do *** tons of work for pennies (some aren't paid at all).  In fact this is standard practice at many big (game) companies in the

We don't pay them anything, they are happy too. wink

Ville wrote:

I am getting really sick and tired of the same garbage about "this game is dead" and the developers are "Insert some random crap".  Fact is None of you guys *** and complaining on the forums over and over again are even actively playing.  You log in, look at general chat and then log out. 

I've been here.  And there is something VERY surprising you will notice different.  The names in General chat.  EVERY day I see atleast a handful of new names.  Players asking in recruitment if any corps recruiting, whats the status of the game, whos doing what or whos doing who?  And what pisses me off is I could recruit them and bring them into our gaming community, but what's going to happen when they want to pew pew?  There is no one left playing over there but 4 Russians ninjaing saps. 

And meanwhile there is seasoned veteran players QQing on the GD forums about how dead your game is and how dumb people are and let's insult everyone and be a *** all the time!  Get off your Lazy *** ***.  If you wanted this game to succeed your answer would not be "Well guys the basement developers, hue hue hue, are at it again!  I can't do something, whoa pitiful me!"  Shut the hell up.  DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT.  They are there waiting to be picked up like a blossoming flower.  Stop thinking Zoom needs to hold your god damn hand every 20 seconds and give you play by play of when he is going to take a ***.

The past is the past and if you want to live in it, at least do the rest of us a favor and stop posting on the forums like a bunch of cry babies.

WOW WOW pot kettle black much? Im sure if you log into the game & check out how FEW people are playing its a fare comment to say its a "dead game" i mean the steam charts dont help. http://steamcharts.com/app/223410

Heres the problem my Oh so learned friend players can only create content in a sand box IF the Sand box lets them. Perpetuum doesnt at this point in time. People in this thread & others have given the OH SO MANY reasons why.

Also LOL @ the dude who partly blamed these forums for the games failure.... forum pvp > in game PVP ?

And now onto the the main issue about the above Quote:

All I see is QQ Vile & really it makes me sad to see this from you. lets look at who owns every thing. CIR & 77. (cons & RAD are only on the map coz they are allowed to be there). Any way ....
Lets look at the facts. First off CIR & 77 have the undeniable lead on the ENTIRE server. Why? the understanding of how this game works in an intimate manner. The ability to produce as needed to fund large scale PVP campaigns. Having a good spy network.
Their clear supremacy in PVP tactics <<< this alone has a massive impact.

Now im going to point to the game going down hill at 2 stages.
First when the norhoop treaty broke down & noob corps could no longer take the constant PVP harassment.
What did CIR 77 do? NOTHING you could have stepped up & saved the noobies but you didnt.

Second, JOKE. lets be honest you made sure they left coz you wanted the targets to shoot at. imo Jita seemed only to happy to oblige. Im not sure why tho. He lacked everything that he would need in order to fight CIR 77 effectively. Ill list a few things that stood out to me:
Lack of indy to supply mechs & fittings
Lack of basic PVP training for new members
Lack of FCs who understand perpetuum pvp tactics.
Lack of Leaders who understand what good Diplomacy is all about
Jita failing to create an effective & large Coalition  to fight CIR 77
Not learning lessons from perpetuum history (aka. how CIR & its alliance were able to fight & keep up with an enemy like M2S despite M2S having an unlimited amount of bots)
Failure to manage JOKE & allies moral

Just a few things I picked up. If any one disagrees well..... I dont care smile

Its just some players were to new & tried to do to much & didnt except the help or guidance they were given.
Or were so bad at leading their corp & alliance they literally told their members to not log in any more due to "unplayable game" or some thing stupid like that. i mean 500 people & you lost them ALL in a few months???? Not even NEX managed that Jita. hmm

CIR & 77 were playing a different game one were they planned, created strategies that would work), implemented them, trained new players in the art of war & then crushed all before them.

And just thing people what might have happened if this game had just 1 man who could have stood up & united the server to stand up to the evil CIR-77 Empire. But alas it wasnt to be. no man was found in all the land smile

So Vile as you can see if you took your blind fold off & had a look at perpetuums VERY resent history People have tried (and the few that are left are still trying) to do as you say " DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT".

new players will come but they will leave again. as they always have. the cycle will not end till the game gets more PVE content & when the 2 of the 3 most powerful corps this game has even seen let it happen.

Or some one grows some balls & does what Little noobies Syndic did nearly 4 years ago took on the giant & won!

Oh Sh*t wait your right all the bitter old vets of this game only QQ on the forums. Welp guess Ville is right after all! big_smile

#FORUMPVPBESTPVP

Naudlus wrote:

It's hard to make a fun sandbox without being given a proper bucket and shovel.

Crepitus wrote:

...I also agree with the meandering Gwyndor post about how getting new players isn't as hard as keeping them logging in...

^^ So true

Ps.. if you have read this far all I have to say is.... what the hell is wrong with you?? why would you read my rant!?!?!?

lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I really have to stop taking so much pain medication at night.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Basically every time a reasonable force of competition is put together its crushed. I know its popular to say its down to skill and how awesome you are but its mainly just ep and having seasoned players. So far noone has managed to put together a force capable of facing off 50 people with an average ep of over a half million. 77 and CIR have no interest in being on the losing side and so don't want to break the status quo.

I honestly do think the toxic mess that is after a fight does more damage than the fight. Of course CIR and 77 know this - their battle is to break the will not the fleet and they do a good job of it. This very directly causes the death of alliances. We only have to look at the forums to see that's what the aim is, not fights, not winning wars but killing corps and killing alliances. Murdering as one person puts it. That's a shame because really without them there's no reason to play.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Basically every time a reasonable force of competition is put together its crushed. I know its popular to say its down to skill and how awesome you are but its mainly just ep and having seasoned players. So far noone has managed to put together a force capable of facing off 50 people with an average ep of over a half million. 77 and CIR have no interest in being on the losing side and so don't want to break the status quo.

We showed up outnumbered about oh 5 times and they were some of the greatest battles we fought.  But then again, 1 77 light = 1 Joke heavy, amirite?

I think there are many different reasons why the game had low population. I don't believe the CIR/77 dominance of Beta is the MAIN one, although it has some negative effect. If Alpha was content rich, then the continual new faces that join the game would have a reason to stay and learn the game and get hooked, much like what High Sec does in EvE. I always noticed new players in the 3 years I played, it was a continual flow, the key as mentioned is to keep them. There are far more EP rich vets not playing than what is available to the current powerhouse so that the political landscape could be changed, but again there are many reasons why people don't play. 95% of why I don't has nothing to do with the game. The 5% why I would is Gamma 2.0 .... I may try and make a base on the test server if I get get time.

Ville wrote:

We showed up outnumbered about oh 5 times and they were some of the greatest battles we fought.  But then again, 1 77 light = 1 Joke heavy, amirite?

Wow, a whole 5 times! pfftt, amateurs, we fight outnumbered ALL the time . We take it now as a compliment that the enemy has to bring so many more, to fight so few.. The outcome is always the same, but hey, no point building bots if you don't blow them up. It's all good.. big_smile

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

I think given the ep and experience disparity we needed to outnumber you 3 - 2 to win a fight. We never managed that.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Blocker wrote:
Ville wrote:

Wow, a whole 5 times! pfftt, amateurs, we fight outnumbered ALL the time . We take it now as a compliment that the enemy has to bring so many more, to fight so few.. The outcome is always the same, but hey, no point building bots if you don't blow them up. It's all good.. big_smile

There was probably only 8 battles total...  One battle included the famous, We lagged out and lost!  Never mind the push and got spread out and got picked off one by one.

This is exactly the kind of posts I'm talking about. Usual ville.

Jita wrote:

You mean the truth?  Had you not have pushed down the hill you wouldn't have lost the fleet and stood a chance at wiping us, but one of your FCs made a bad call causing your fleet to get wiped and then GG... Que rage post from goshka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

You mean the truth?  Had you not have pushed down the hill you wouldn't have lost the fleet and stood a chance at wiping us, but one of your FCs made a bad call causing your fleet to get wiped and then GG... Que rage post from goshka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

That was so epic, I will remember that fight for a long time because I thought were *** until they marched their whole range-fit fleet down to brawl with us and started double tapping multiboxed accounts in to our dps.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Ville wrote:

I am getting really sick and tired of the same garbage about "this game is dead" and the developers are "Insert some random crap".  Fact is None of you guys *** and complaining on the forums over and over again are even actively playing.  You log in, look at general chat and then log out. 

I've been here.  And there is something VERY surprising you will notice different.  The names in General chat.  EVERY day I see atleast a handful of new names.  Players asking in recruitment if any corps recruiting, whats the status of the game, whos doing what or whos doing who?  And what pisses me off is I could recruit them and bring them into our gaming community, but what's going to happen when they want to pew pew?  There is no one left playing over there but 4 Russians ninjaing saps. 

And meanwhile there is seasoned veteran players QQing on the GD forums about how dead your game is and how dumb people are and let's insult everyone and be a *** all the time!  Get off your Lazy *** ***.  If you wanted this game to succeed your answer would not be "Well guys the basement developers, hue hue hue, are at it again!  I can't do something, whoa pitiful me!"  Shut the hell up.  DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT.  They are there waiting to be picked up like a blossoming flower.  Stop thinking Zoom needs to hold your god damn hand every 20 seconds and give you play by play of when he is going to take a ***.

The past is the past and if you want to live in it, at least do the rest of us a favor and stop posting on the forums like a bunch of cry babies.

Omg I laughed for 10 minutes over that one. Good stuff. So loaded with hypocrisy it's literally dripping. Let me know when you join the 3 Button Slider to the Left club, seeing as in how you want "DO SOMETHING IN GAME".

And just FYI Obi, JOKE's industry was pretty kick ***. How else could we have lost so many MK2 Heavies?
We had quite a few training ops and test server ops. But really, how else does one train for the real thing, then doing the real thing?
I can kind of agree with you on the FC thing, Jita did the best he could, and Cherno too, there were a few unlucky calls you guys managed to capitalize on.

As far as diplomacy goes, from what I know of the whole situation tensions were rising between some members of PHM/CIR/77th and a couple of JOKE guys. But to be honest, we knew how sindic works, and knew there'd be manufactured drama because of who JOKE is and was which is Jita and I, and there was already history there. We knew we'd get pushed out sooner or later (It was already happening anyways) and so we nutted up and left the alliance. The whole joining the Russians and CONs thing took me by surprise though. So there was literally 1 day between leaving the alliance and all of 77th and CIR moving into Initia/TMB. Try as we would there wasn't much chance for a handful of vets fresh off a 2 year long hiatus, and a couple heaping handfuls of new players, and some Russians. Hard to keep morale up for long under the opposition you guys presented.

The one thing we did manage to do is scare sinny enough to make him want to crush us. Who knows, had we been left alone for a few weeks to really build up and secure an island and get the purple jew gold flowing, teach the cons a thing or two, we might have acutally given you all a run for your money. Ya'll win one fight were a full half of the fleet is lagged to ***, and the trolling starts (hiya gunner). Classy.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ville wrote:

WOW WOW pot kettle black much? Im sure if you log into the game & check out how FEW people are playing its a fare comment to say its a "dead game" i mean the steam charts dont help. http://steamcharts.com/app/223410

Heres the problem my Oh so learned friend players can only create content in a sand box IF the Sand box lets them. Perpetuum doesnt at this point in time. People in this thread & others have given the OH SO MANY reasons why.

Also LOL @ the dude who partly blamed these forums for the games failure.... forum pvp > in game PVP ?

And now onto the the main issue about the above Quote:

All I see is QQ Vile & really it makes me sad to see this from you. lets look at who owns every thing. CIR & 77. (cons & RAD are only on the map coz they are allowed to be there). Any way ....
Lets look at the facts. First off CIR & 77 have the undeniable lead on the ENTIRE server. Why? the understanding of how this game works in an intimate manner. The ability to produce as needed to fund large scale PVP campaigns. Having a good spy network.
Their clear supremacy in PVP tactics <<< this alone has a massive impact.

Now im going to point to the game going down hill at 2 stages.
First when the norhoop treaty broke down & noob corps could no longer take the constant PVP harassment.
What did CIR 77 do? NOTHING you could have stepped up & saved the noobies but you didnt.

Second, JOKE. lets be honest you made sure they left coz you wanted the targets to shoot at. imo Jita seemed only to happy to oblige. Im not sure why tho. He lacked everything that he would need in order to fight CIR 77 effectively. Ill list a few things that stood out to me:
Lack of indy to supply mechs & fittings
Lack of basic PVP training for new members
Lack of FCs who understand perpetuum pvp tactics.
Lack of Leaders who understand what good Diplomacy is all about
Jita failing to create an effective & large Coalition  to fight CIR 77
Not learning lessons from perpetuum history (aka. how CIR & its alliance were able to fight & keep up with an enemy like M2S despite M2S having an unlimited amount of bots)
Failure to manage JOKE & allies moral

Just a few things I picked up. If any one disagrees well..... I dont care smile

Its just some players were to new & tried to do to much & didnt except the help or guidance they were given.
Or were so bad at leading their corp & alliance they literally told their members to not log in any more due to "unplayable game" or some thing stupid like that. i mean 500 people & you lost them ALL in a few months???? Not even NEX managed that Jita. hmm

CIR & 77 were playing a different game one were they planned, created strategies that would work), implemented them, trained new players in the art of war & then crushed all before them.

And just thing people what might have happened if this game had just 1 man who could have stood up & united the server to stand up to the evil CIR-77 Empire. But alas it wasnt to be. no man was found in all the land smile

So Vile as you can see if you took your blind fold off & had a look at perpetuums VERY resent history People have tried (and the few that are left are still trying) to do as you say " DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT".

new players will come but they will leave again. as they always have. the cycle will not end till the game gets more PVE content & when the 2 of the 3 most powerful corps this game has even seen let it happen.

Or some one grows some balls & does what Little noobies Syndic did nearly 4 years ago took on the giant & won!

Oh Sh*t wait your right all the bitter old vets of this game only QQ on the forums. Welp guess Ville is right after all! big_smile

#FORUMPVPBESTPVP

Naudlus wrote:

It's hard to make a fun sandbox without being given a proper bucket and shovel.

Crepitus wrote:

^^ So true

Ps.. if you have read this far all I have to say is.... what the hell is wrong with you?? why would you read my rant!?!?!?

lol

Usual Ville waffling from his ivory tower and then an almost sensible post from Obi, whats the world coming to.

I will disagree on one point though, the thing that won Perpetuum for CIR/PHM/<insert lackey name here> was effective spying.

Having spies in every corp/alliance provides everything you need to know to crush your opponents and having them on both TS's during a fight will provide at least 2:1 advantage in my experience

tbh i'm proud of Joke's commitment and response to the war. They really brought it every fight every time. We consistently fielded good numbers of decent bots and considering those guys had been together four weeks at most I was largely happy with our performance.

Jita wrote:

tbh i'm proud of Joke's commitment and response to the war. They really brought it every fight every time. We consistently fielded good numbers of decent bots and considering those guys had been together four weeks at most I was largely happy with our performance.

Yeah, I agree. We sure skaird them bad enough they wanted to drive us from the game big_smile

Smokeyii wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yeah, I agree. We sure skaird them bad enough they wanted to drive us from the game big_smile

Good to see you Smokey!! You need to comeback.. Miss you man!  I have plans!! Really uhh....(secret) Plans!!! Ill be happy to share em with you!! You will like, like them :-)

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

War finished months ago, get over it already and move on. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

NO! WAR NEVER STOPS! AND, AS A MATTER OF FACT, WE ACTUALLY NEVER LOST AND YOU NEVER WON! WE WILL RETURN, WE WILL WIN, AND MAKE YOU REGRET YOUR EVERYTHING! WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU LOLS!

VIVA ECORP!

Hi Smokey.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Actually CIR and 77 have the most ex members of ecorp in the game!

We also have the most joke members

HUEHUEHUEHUE

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

73 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-09-03 19:02:39)

Look when the game had 500+ players online at once, gamma was needed ASAP.

Now?  Well it wont matter.  Sure a few people will come back, some of the steam EA players who never got to experience gamma will be interested...but after a month it will be back to the norm.

The game needs, more than anything, PVE.  Most players are pve players, even the pvp players spend more time playing with pve than pvp...very few people have the patience and tolerance to monitor the game world for potential pvp and stay in standby mode...

So if zoom and crew are going to pull the steam-greenlight strategy, which is to turtle up and program for more than a year while the influx thins out...this time can we come back in a year and a half to some significant pve content rather than say a tutorial?

Flesh out pve.  Give something for corps and players to do that doesn't involve pvp...that is fun, and rewarding...
Then when pve is fleshed out, you can do your round two of the two year gamma wipe and reset and bring it back more like it was the first time you wiped and reset gamma.

Id like to see this game go live on steam (no early access) with gamma that INCLUDES creative terraforming not lame single tile pyramid making....buildable wall and turret structures that cant be spammed and are dangerous.  CLEAN UP STRUCTURE CLUTTER...as well as a new robot line (you guys are WAY overdue on it) and a better pve experience that embraces the sandbox mechanics (do NOT add linear quests or forced missions like the current system let people do what they want for tokens)

After that, we can all resume blaming CIR for any population deficiencies!

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

hmm, my 5th year in perpetuum starts soon... lets see what i was suggesting to put more effort into since the beginning... PvE

do i have hope in 3 DEVs beeing able to put in what 12 couldn't?
YES,
because i see other games with lots of procedural PvE made by one-person-DEV-Teams big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Turtles

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle