26 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-01 18:33:58)

Re: September 1

Syndic wrote:

Basement development isn't an excuse for inability to write a few articles monthly.

There is a tide of indie titles coming out every month on Steam, without constant buzz creation you don't get anywhere. Or, you get exactly where the game is - dead.

When is the last news entry for Perp on Steam?

2 July 2014

Yeah so true, this turtle type development has got to stop.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Basement development isn't an excuse for inability to write a few articles monthly.

There is a tide of indie titles coming out every month on Steam, without constant buzz creation you don't get anywhere. Or, you get exactly where the game is - dead.

When is the last news entry for Perp on Steam?

2 July 2014

Yeah so true, this turtle type development has got to stop.

+1

Tonnik wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Sell the game or part of it to an investor who believes it has potential. At this rate of development, gamma, missions, new engine, more bots and modules and balancing will get done by 2020 by that time the engine/gfx would be outdated again. hmm

I would imagine they have tried by now. Its hard to sell something thats effectively worthless and a game that has no playerbase and doesn't make money is that.

Don't be so sure. Sometimes investment money is there and owners don't like 'giving up control' or 'giving away' too much equity, even when in the long run it's clearly beneficial.

Sparking to other games

We are 2 Patch away from Misson 2.0, if they can make something more interesting, and that can keep players we still have hope in the game. But if not they should try another options like Jita said.

If I would be an investor, I bet I invest an EVE like game, because EVE has a nice playerbase (ok it is decreasing now afaik but still) what the investors love, so I dont understan where are they.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

30 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-01 20:41:56)

Rex Amelius wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Sell the game or part of it to an investor who believes it has potential. At this rate of development, gamma, missions, new engine, more bots and modules and balancing will get done by 2020 by that time the engine/gfx would be outdated again. hmm

I would imagine they have tried by now. Its hard to sell something thats effectively worthless and a game that has no playerbase and doesn't make money is that.

Don't be so sure. Sometimes investment money is there and owners don't like 'giving up control' or 'giving away' too much equity, even when in the long run it's clearly beneficial.

It's not only beneficial, it is the only way, unless you just want to kill the same players for 5 more years.

I swear if I win the euromillions and have some to spare I will definitely buy 51% equity just to keep me busy and I have read the whole forums, so I know what the players want. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

the game has got what the players want over and over.So much change and content added for high level and virtually nothing for the new folks with the exception of the tutorial.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

mission 2.0 is something three coders should be able to do in less then a week, if its just whats written in that blog that announced it years ago.

meanwhile i will follow the "limit theory dev" writing about his daily progress in his blog and can't wait to see his next DEV Update on YT.

please, CRM, even if you work only one or two days a month on this game - share your experience, hassles and fails with us. Tell us about this concrete wall you face everytime you touch the ingame AI, or whatever is keeping your from progressing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jita wrote:

the game has got what the players want over and over.So much change and content added for high level and virtually nothing for the new folks with the exception of the tutorial.

Doubt that, if not they wouldn't have gone. Where's the  new missions system where's is hybrid robots, artillery, and that energy credit system where fields glow in the dark etc.

Since we where waiting for that all of a sudden how about a newbie island that would be cool we have a few devs doing nothing so why not, and oh wait sorry after more than a year of gamma we realized it broken, hm sorry we need to wipe it. fuuu

RIP PERPETUUM

34 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-01 21:10:48)

Annihilator wrote:

mission 2.0 is something three coders should be able to do in less then a week, if its just whats written in that blog that announced it years ago.

meanwhile i will follow the "limit theory dev" writing about his daily progress in his blog and can't wait to see his next DEV Update on YT.

Can't wait either for the next LT update video, wait where's the August youtube video?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Can't wait either for the next LT update video, wait where's the August youtube video?

nope, he went on a vacation until a few days ago.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

36 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-01 22:19:47)

With this thread I made back in March and Themittani article after Steam launch it certainly did not spark many interests for Eve players.

RIP PERPETUUM

I am getting really sick and tired of the same garbage about "this game is dead" and the developers are "Insert some random crap".  Fact is None of you guys *** and complaining on the forums over and over again are even actively playing.  You log in, look at general chat and then log out. 

I've been here.  And there is something VERY surprising you will notice different.  The names in General chat.  EVERY day I see atleast a handful of new names.  Players asking in recruitment if any corps recruiting, whats the status of the game, whos doing what or whos doing who?  And what pisses me off is I could recruit them and bring them into our gaming community, but what's going to happen when they want to pew pew?  There is no one left playing over there but 4 Russians ninjaing saps. 

And meanwhile there is seasoned veteran players QQing on the GD forums about how dead your game is and how dumb people are and let's insult everyone and be a *** all the time!  Get off your Lazy *** ***.  If you wanted this game to succeed your answer would not be "Well guys the basement developers, hue hue hue, are at it again!  I can't do something, whoa pitiful me!"  Shut the hell up.  DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT.  They are there waiting to be picked up like a blossoming flower.  Stop thinking Zoom needs to hold your god damn hand every 20 seconds and give you play by play of when he is going to take a ***.

The past is the past and if you want to live in it, at least do the rest of us a favor and stop posting on the forums like a bunch of cry babies.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You've deliberately tried to push all active opposition participants from the game and now you have the audacity to post that. I think you must have hit your head in that car crash.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

I am getting really sick and tired of the same garbage about "this game is dead" and the developers are "Insert some random crap".  Fact is None of you guys *** and complaining on the forums over and over again are even actively playing.  You log in, look at general chat and then log out. 

I've been here.  And there is something VERY surprising you will notice different.  The names in General chat.  EVERY day I see atleast a handful of new names.  Players asking in recruitment if any corps recruiting, whats the status of the game, whos doing what or whos doing who?  And what pisses me off is I could recruit them and bring them into our gaming community, but what's going to happen when they want to pew pew?  There is no one left playing over there but 4 Russians ninjaing saps. 

And meanwhile there is seasoned veteran players QQing on the GD forums about how dead your game is and how dumb people are and let's insult everyone and be a *** all the time!  Get off your Lazy *** ***.  If you wanted this game to succeed your answer would not be "Well guys the basement developers, hue hue hue, are at it again!  I can't do something, whoa pitiful me!"  Shut the hell up.  DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT.  They are there waiting to be picked up like a blossoming flower.  Stop thinking Zoom needs to hold your god damn hand every 20 seconds and give you play by play of when he is going to take a ***.

The past is the past and if you want to live in it, at least do the rest of us a favor and stop posting on the forums like a bunch of cry babies.

Dude Ville get a grip mate, whilst you where getting banned every week and trolling STC TOG or whatever I was building a  new player corp with Gremrod and new player corp with angel wing on gamma, my own corp when I started (guess what they all got bored and left), posting on many gaming forums sites, jetting cans in Jita.

If someone can give me the silver lining here, I am all ears.

RIP PERPETUUM

40 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-09-02 03:06:02)

Ville wrote:

I'm certain you were one of the ones who were saying the game was dead a year ago when STC and their old coalition was winning, you were one of the ones off playing Dota/EVE, crying about how you believed STC would fold up the second you logged in(ego much) while me, chemist, Mongolia, Goffer, and Opti were actually trying to pew and get *** done.(add Jita, peanut and a few other guys from Rawr, and -77- a month later.)

If your gonna complain about someone complaining, pull out a mirror, and take a nice long look at it.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

41 (edited by Burial 2014-09-02 04:08:24)

Ville wrote:

Ask Syndic for more of his ~content~ then. Everyone knows you can't even run a corporation yourself.

At least he has a corporation kultsi... lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

43 (edited by Maidden 2014-09-02 06:01:39)

For our inactive people who want to complain. Today we had 3 new people which is very nice. Also had a visit in-game from Dev Zoom himself. On his birthday even! Dev Zoom will be staggering Gamma with the first installment in two weeks. Regardless if you like it or dont. Dev Zoom keeps a commitment, especially when doing it in general chat. http://i.imgur.com/sR4ntwk.jpg

I am highly disappointed in the negativity given by some members of this forum. The game is changing for the better. Honestly, I dont care if a single vet comes back. As most are just as much A-S-S-HATS in game as they are on this here forum! The more new people that join, the better.

What made EVE successful for many years was the community. Why EVE has declined recently is also due to the community. So really regardless of what is added, nerfed or changed. Our community is what makes this game.

So for our disgruntled vets who are not active. Either take a hike(Dont come back again, I HATE TROLLS!) or join the community with positive feedback!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Syndic wrote:

The game doesn't need a mega-content patch of PVE 2.0 in 7-8 months, or a DEV tournament.

The game needs weekly or biweekly small PVE content patches and they need to be consistent like clockwork, with a blog & newsletter coming out every month.

What I am hoping for is one major release to update the pve and then additional bi-monthly updates to add a new mission for each faction and/or QoL.

Dev tourny... maybe not... an arena for instanced Factional Warfare between the three native races would be cool where it is almost a MOBA and you pick a particular class of bot and it comes prefit and only ep actually affects your attributes, after that its teamwork.

Any content that can be played by people brand new and people who have stayed loyal for years is good content. Gamma is a great eye catcher and bringing people in the door but I really want to see SOMETHING developed on for the early and mid game retention that isnt directly dependent on pvp.

Maidden wrote:

I am highly disappointed in the negativity given by some members of this forum. The game is changing for the better. Honestly, I dont care if a single vet comes back. As most are just as much A-S-S-HATS in game as they are on this here forum! The more new people that join, the better.

Cant stress enough that getting new people to join isnt even half the battle. Keeping them around to continue adding to the community and server population also brings in more revenue because of them referring the game to friends as well as buying the new shiny emotes for their bots, paint jobs, and top hats for their ictus'.

Ville wrote:

And meanwhile there is seasoned veteran players QQing on the GD forums about how dead your game is and how dumb people are and let's insult everyone and be a *** all the time!  Get off your Lazy *** ***.  If you wanted this game to succeed your answer would not be "Well guys the basement developers, hue hue hue, are at it again!  I can't do something, whoa pitiful me!"  Shut the hell up.  DO SOMETHING IN GAME.  CREATE HYPE, CREATE CONTENT, and RECRUIT. They are there waiting to be picked up like a blossoming flower.  Stop thinking Zoom needs to hold your god damn hand every 20 seconds and give you play by play of when he is going to take a ***.

As a leader in CONS I can tell you we took every route we could to try and create content and recruited like madmen for a while before we realized it shouldnt be the players job to carry the activity of a population. We still do beacon grinds, we do a little coop indy, used to try pvp roams, and enforced an activity requirement for teamspeak. As far as population content we also tried diplomacy to mix things up and create the sandbox content a game like this should thrive on but with limited amounts of filler content to keep the daily population alive a vast majority of our players got burned out on nothing but pvp roams for content. The beacon grinds are the best content creators for us atm because we get drink and chat about everything but perp as we mindlessly grind mobs.

The lack of filler content in this sandbox is really hurting sad

Something filler content as Gwyndor said. +1 (I also like the MOBA like events, or anything like casual.)

This is where we should search. The daily incentives to play.

I remember where we was at Beta and find observers from artifacts (in HUN), that was a good action, and players wanted to participate because it is good fun. But after the guys left who did that, nobody did and players started to not log in.
So Ville also right because you can make content by own, but need thinking out what and need a lot of work.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Maidden wrote:

Dev Zoom keeps a commitment, especially when doing it in general chat. http://i.imgur.com/sR4ntwk.jpg

This bit made my morning. Quoting for posterity.

Tonnik wrote:

I've never understood why they don't get people doing work experience from local universities to help out. I'm sure lots of folks would like the idea of working for an indy game developer for the summer. It might even get them invited to cool parties and if there's a solar eclipse perhaps laid.

Lol.  In the US these are called "interns" and are time honored tradition of *** over naive kids to make them do *** tons of work for pennies (some aren't paid at all).  In fact this is standard practice at many big (game) companies in the US in all lots of different industries.

celebro wrote:

I seem to remember them trying to find investors or alternatively selling out to a publisher several years ago without any success.

I also agree with the meandering Gwyndor post about how getting new players isn't as hard as keeping them logging in.  I've seen a steady trickle of new players coming from Steam but the steamcharts number overall continues to drop.  That means the new people stop logging in quickly (in my opinion, it's as soon as they've done missions for a couple days and think there is nothing else). 

I was online when Zoom logged in drunk being called away from his own birthday party because a newbie was stuck on Attallica and new players were overwhelming positive and impressed that a DEV actually logged in to the game, for any reason.  He did in fact say that Gamma was still a couple weeks out and that PvE would be the new priority thereafter (still, 2+ years late, it was supposed to have been done after the first Gamma release).

Let's hope they can deliver in a more timely fashion...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

It's hard to make a fun sandbox without being given a proper bucket and shovel.