Topic: September 1

August is over. Where is gamma?

Re: September 1

a few weeks away

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I am bet we will have Gamma at Oktober 1.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I am bet we will have Gamma at Oktober 1.

Probably not. big_smile

They are probably better just waiting on it, putting it on the test server complete to be tested, doing the missions patch and then releasing it together making the game finish early access in a winter expansion. Releasing it now would be useless anyway.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

6 (edited by Inda 2014-09-01 13:46:19)

Imo, they can implement asap, because will be better test on the live server, and see what needed and what not and they can still ipmrove, or fix bugs.

At least Zoom said (yerstaraday on testserver), 1-2 weeks away the Gamma rewamp, and they probably implement it with first 3*2 islands then 3 islands packs.

EDIT: And the teleports will be opened.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Imo, they can implement asap, because will be better test on the live server, and see what needed and what not and they can still ipmrove, or fix bugs.

At least Zoom said (yerstaraday on testserver), 1-2 weeks away the Gamma rewamp, and they probably implement it with first 3*2 islands then 3 islands packs.

they should release it under with clear conditions regarding further balancing changes post-release. ******s whining about reimbursment everytime they change something is slowing down the process even more.

there are a few points left to allow it go back to live server.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Inda wrote:

I understand the logic of that I just think the people on the active server dont matter. It's the people we want to bring to the active server who do and releasing one big patch has more pull with older players returning and new players who may come.

Tonnik wrote:
Inda wrote:

I understand the logic of that I just think the people on the active server dont matter. It's the people we want to bring to the active server who do and releasing one big patch has more pull with older players returning and new players who may come.

What pull with older players? There is no reason to live on gamma... no point in rushing it. They can start with PVE and introduce it altogether, meanwhile it can be further tested on PTS.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
Inda wrote:

What pull with older players? There is no reason to live on gamma... no point in rushing it. They can start with PVE and introduce it altogether, meanwhile it can be further tested on PTS.

I agree. If you tell the four or five thousand inactive players gamma is coming back they will largely not care. Tell them gamma and pve is coming and give a reasonable amount of teaser / anticipation and yoyu may make some care. Chuck in some new bots and you have engineered another population boom that (hopefully!) the PVE content has a better chance of keeping.

I think the idea is to throw in gamma, let the pvpers create breathing room by giving them more space.  Then full steam ahead on various aspects of PVE!  And remember a sandbox is what you make it.  I love the industry side, I had a goal pre gamma that I've almost hit and I'm very excited!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I think the idea is to throw in gamma, let the pvpers create breathing room by giving them more space.  Then full steam ahead on various aspects of PVE!  And remember a sandbox is what you make it.  I love the industry side, I had a goal pre gamma that I've almost hit and I'm very excited!

The trouble with that is we know what happens when Gamma is left to a small population. Your just inviting more imbalance to a game already far too imbalanced.

Inda wrote:

Absolutely not.

Game experienced a huge player-base loss occured when Devs pushed the broken server-side movement to the live server, it completely stonewalled the influx of players from Steam.

Test server is there for testing. Live server is for playing.

CIR Complaint Form

14 (edited by Inda 2014-09-01 17:59:01)

Syndic, probably you misunderstand me . I wasnt exactly clear there.

I meant after on the testerver testing, because bugs and some problem will occur in a real server only, so they will have time to fix that. So when PVE 2.0 and Early Acces happens they wont experience this huge bugs/lags/etc. and more patches to fix that. And another things just only on the real Gamma can happens, and also we also just can deicde that changes was good or not only on the live server.

And as you mentioned. The server problem caused lots of decresing playerbase :S

PS: Maybe a DEV Tournament also can help a bit !

Energy to Earth!

Syndic wrote:
Inda wrote:

Absolutely not.

Game experienced a huge player-base loss occured when Devs pushed the broken server-side movement to the live server, it completely stonewalled the influx of players from Steam.

Test server is there for testing. Live server is for playing.

I couldn't agree more. I think they don't realize the poor retention rate is their biggest problem one of the reasons is because they keep on pushing half done patches/upgrades to test on live server.

RIP PERPETUUM

16 (edited by Syndic 2014-09-01 18:12:48)

Inda wrote:

I meant after on the testerver testing, because bugs and some problem will occur in a real server only, so they will have time to fix that. So when PVE 2.0 and Early Acces happens they wont experience this huge bugs/lags/etc. and more patches to fix that. And another things just only on the real Gamma can happens, and also we also just can deicde that changes was good or not only on the live server.

You don't get it.

The game doesn't need a mega-content patch of PVE 2.0 in 7-8 months, or a DEV tournament.

The game needs weekly or biweekly small PVE content patches and they need to be consistent like clockwork, with a blog & newsletter coming out every month.

Community Management is a full-time job, not something a part-artist part-coder part-moderator part-smartass does in his freebie time during lunchbreak at his real job.

CIR Complaint Form

I think a full release of all features and islands on the test server for a good month would enable proper testing and feedback to be done. Until you try and do it on the new islands you wont know how broken or good mechanics are.

Syndic wrote:
Inda wrote:

You don't get it.

The game doesn't need a mega-content patch of PVE 2.0 in 7-8 months, or a DEV tournament.

The game needs weekly or biweekly small PVE content patches and they need to be consistent like clockwork, with a blog & newsletter coming out every month.

Community Management is a full-time job, not something a part-artist part-coder part-moderator part-smartass does in his freebie time during lunchbreak at his real job.

You are right somewhat but your expectation is not realistic, considering this is just a 'basement development' title not a big AAA mmo.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic, I can agree with you, but this wasnt about that. Just Gamma implementing nothing more.

Energy to Earth!

Tonnik wrote:

I think a full release of all features and islands on the test server for a good month would enable proper testing and feedback to be done. Until you try and do it on the new islands you wont know how broken or good mechanics are.

+1 At least 1-2 week.

Energy to Earth!

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Inda wrote:

You don't get it.

You are right somewhat but your expectation is not realistic, considering this is just a 'basement development' title not a big AAA mmo.

I've never understood why they don't get people doing work experience from local universities to help out. I'm sure lots of folks would like the idea of working for an indy game developer for the summer. It might even get them invited to cool parties and if there's a solar eclipse perhaps laid.

Basement development isn't an excuse for inability to write a few articles monthly.

There is a tide of indie titles coming out every month on Steam, without constant buzz creation you don't get anywhere. Or, you get exactly where the game is - dead.

When is the last news entry for Perp on Steam?

2 July 2014

CIR Complaint Form

23 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-01 18:28:28)

double post

RIP PERPETUUM

Sell the game or part of it to an investor who believes it has potential. At this rate of development, gamma, missions, new engine, more bots and modules and balancing will get done by 2020 by that time the engine/gfx would be outdated again. hmm

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Sell the game or part of it to an investor who believes it has potential. At this rate of development, gamma, missions, new engine, more bots and modules and balancing will get done by 2020 by that time the engine/gfx would be outdated again. hmm

I would imagine they have tried by now. Its hard to sell something thats effectively worthless and a game that has no playerbase and doesn't make money is that.