Topic: The 24 hour hauling Agent Slave

I have coming back to the game after a Long time stop.
I still see not much improvement in some Points which makes the Game a bit boring and prevent the Playerbase to grow.
           1. Still no public Vibrant Market.
I would suggest to kill Corporation Markets to get more out to the public.
Implement a contract System where i can contract items to Players even when they are not at the same base.

2. Ways are still too Long . How it can be that i Need more than 1 hour from Tellesis to Shinjalar.
I suggest that the Teleport Network would work the Following way :
connect each teleport with each on Alpha that mean that you can jump from every teleport to every teleport on Alpha. Only Teleports to the Beta and Gamma Islands you Need to walk at least 1500 to 2000 meters.
Keep Beta Islands Teleports as it is.

This would convience People much more and not everyone must be a hauling slave.

Regards
Checksum

Re: The 24 hour hauling Agent Slave

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … solutions/

The travel times have been mentioned on the above thread and some others.

About the internal markets, I think it was a bad idea too. Making it far easier to avoid the public market. Another fact is most established corporation and players have all the research they need to building anything, so they have no reason to buy anything other than alpha building materials, they can't be bothered to mine.

RIP PERPETUUM

its kinda funny
travel times are necessary for working market, but traveling in an empty world is boring.

Corporation markets are no issue for a game where communism works flawlessly.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Corp markets are not *** you up.  In fact as someone who has billions invested in the market, I'll tell you what *** you up.

Infinite ore pushing prices down.
Abundantly abused turtle islands mass produced goods flooding the market.
0 to negative mark up on goods.
No demand for goods. 
World map so small it chokes out competition.
And if it takes you an hour to get to shinjalar from tellesis, just uninstall the game and move along.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The market problems are because of the (in game) maturity of the players. Anyone with a reasonable want for new stuff has the ability to make everything themselves and does not need the market. This means there is nothing to spend the NIC on and so no real incentive to sell it - why sell something you will eventually use, especially when demand is painfully slow because of the above.

Gamma previously was a great NIC sink - and this was offset by ICE which was the perfect NIC faucet. A lot of ICE sales went in to gamma bases.

The new Gamma bases will not be as nic intensive but as there is no ICE because for some reason Hungarians dont like money then maybe once again the market might get interesting.

One again the real problem is players - if the game had players then it would have a market.

Leave my corporation markets alone.

I don't want to go back to the bulletin & mail system for buying and selling.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

People will buy internally no matter what. The problem with the market is purely population related. When population was better, the market was also better.